What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Old Ted Award 2015

Now smoking :nwor: VaPer Three Nuns in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03. Not far from being done with this tin.:eek: I'm tempted to hypnotize the world into sending me all the VaPer Three Nuns in existence, but I don't think I have a watch large enough for the job. :bbaby:

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

How'd I get 10 pages behind....... again?!

Cold and windy today, so
    my smokes will be Jeep-bound.
    First up is GH Balkan Mixture
    which I just pooooped open.
    In the usual lat burner. Been
    busy all morning doing some
    tamper R&D. :ohyh:

3. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Dusty jar smoke of Newminster #400 Navy Flake in an old Stanwell beater billiard. It's passable, but I will not be renewing the subscription. Good afternoon to PSF land.

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

With all that legalization going on some on this forum just might be putting some of those glass pipes to the task in the neer future. I had wondered how this thread would change then. I'm betting some companies already have blends that have names like Humbolt County Gold, Jamacin Red, Panamal Goldand Aloha Primo. :laff:

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Finishing up some Peretti Park Square in the Squatch Lean Volcano. Turns out this was just the smoke I wanted this morning. It's hitting the spot so well, I think I'll smoke it for my second bowl too.

6. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I just smoked my normal meerschaum blend, Sextant, through my Nording. I didn't expect to taste a difference, but I really did. The rum sweetness was really subdued and it seemed stronger in the latakia. Still good, but not quite as good.

7. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Getting ready to light some Bob's Chocolate Flake in this 70's Medico Crest Debonair straight carved Bulldog with a new(old) Medico Menthol-Cool filter inserted. I smell no menthol to it, so it's probably too old.

[​IMG]

I just read a Sutliff French Quarter review on TR in which for "Age When Smoked" the guy put "45." LOL

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    aggman, Lucky Duck, SidZiff and 24 others like this.
  8. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Peretti's Dundee in a Chacom Regate.

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Refrigerator? Oh, a lectric icebox. Pomposity is infectious. When you have been given the number of gold embossed business cards that I have collected, some of that is bound to stick.

LEO in a DGE cob, not pompous, just relaxing and tasty. Sunny and +2C(36F), so I'll go outside with this pipe and bash some more ice with my f'n shovel.

10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Having some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in a Torben Dansk. I haven't had this tobacco in a couple of years and I forgot how totally sublime it could be. What a great smoke.

11. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Starting my day with McC a.m. Pipe in a post transition Barling Vintage bent billiard.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Sounds like a full recovery to me!

Smoking some more Park Square, this time in the Sav Auto blobby pipe. Trying to stretch out that last cuppa coffee.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Dark Birdseye in the Croft's Premium Canadian

14. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Five Brothers in a Falcon after a long meeting at work today.

15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

I see this too. I think the aging tobacco thing is a little foreign to some smokers.

16. dmkerr

dmkerr Moderator Moderator

That's great! :xd:

p120d16y, sillyoldbear, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Old Ted Award 2015

Now smoking Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band. Ice tea properly chilled with floaty baby icebergs is my drink. Cold and sunny outside, but I just heard the mail truck, so out I go. And then to work.

18. dmkerr

dmkerr Moderator Moderator

Is there a way to tell without opening the tin which is which? I picked up a tin as part of a trade with a European gentleman - it even has the HUGE warning but it's in another language. I think it says something like "smoking will kill you and every chick you try to pick up" or something like that.

Anyway, I have no real idea how old the tin is beyond "more than 3 years".

19. zappano

zappano Member

20. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I absolutely love Bob's Chocolate Flake. I would sleep in a bed of it. I could smoke it exclusively. Eat it for breakfast.(Might not work too well)
    And given the right job, I would take payment in Bob's Chocolate Flake to the equivalent USD amount.

The page of BCF on TR is disappointing.

Oh, I'm on a second bowl of BCF. :drly::thu::th1:

EDIT: I love how it morphs in different bowl shapes and sizes.

My first few days smoking it in rather large bowls showed no Lakeland but only mellow hints of latakia, tonquin/vanilla/nutmeg and rich tobacco.
    In this tiny Medico Crest Debonair bulldog with a new filter I've been getting tiny hints of Lakeland and tastier latakia to boot.
    Rock on Bob!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.