1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Artistik, while we're freezing our buns off up here, I'd really like to thank you for the tropical state of mind you're letting us get into every day. Somehow it helps.

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 19 others like this.
  2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 18 others like this.
  3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Back from the birthday party, had to leave early because of my upcoming 15 hours shift tomorrow. We had a really nice time, even though I was the only pipesmoker there - got funny looks all the time but I also had to provide information concerning our great world of pleasure. I've had a very tasty bowl of HU Flanagan in the Castello Collection, followed by a every bit as tasty bowl of HU Dockworker in the Tinsky 2011 Tanblast, then accompanied by shots of Jägermeister - Elizabethan Mixture in the Paolo Becker Morta thing. What a great night. Now I'm trying to become drowsy by smoking some more Dockworker in a Peterson Aran B7. Wishing you all a great evening, night and saturday - I will be working. :(

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 23 others like this.
  4. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Good news Eric. Congrats to Ephraim on #1000. :bday: Porshcigar.

We get a respite from the cold tomorrow as the high is supposed to briefly touch 40F in Louisville before plunging again to 0F Sunday night after rain changing to ice and snow. Lovely. Hasn't been below zero here since the late 90s. Will see that again Monday night.

Just cracked a fresh tub of CH and having it in a MM CG w/ coffee. Moving on to 2010 Christmas Cheer in a 1975 Peterson Deluxe 20S and a touch of the Lat with some McClelland TGL in a Pete 307 before bed.

Looks like the Carhartt insulated bibs and fleece balaclava are going to see some action shortly.

Stay warm PSFers.

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 24 others like this.
  5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I never would have guessed you're such a girl. :xd: 40% water?! Are you kidding me?

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Last smoke of the night is more McClellan Navy Cavendish in the Stanwell.

7. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Two ounce tin of Balkan Sobranie just sold on Ebay for $406 .... not mine! I listed mine for $350 'buy it now'. We'll see.....

Maple Street in the GBD straight billiard

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 22 others like this.
  8. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

GL Pease Quiet Nights in a Peterson X220, Large pot of Tetley Tea is my beverage, happy smoking.

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Had a wonderful dinner cooked by m'lady, and for dessert, I'm almost finished smoking MacBaren Cube Bronze in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. Ice tea properly chilled with floaty lil icebergs is my drink. Going back to work very soon.

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 20 others like this.
  10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I hadn't planned to come back to Ohio for a couple more days, but with the nasty weather forecast over the next several days I decided it was a good idea to leave today.

I don't know what the heck was going on in Indianapolis, but getting to I-70E from Bloomington usually takes me just a little over an hour...today traffic was moving at a snail's pace from Martinsville to just past Greenwood, and once I hit I-465 traffic was just stopped for miles and miles. I never saw any accidents, and it was that way on both sides of the median. I had to use the restroom so badly by the time I got there that I pulled off onto 65S to find a gas station. On my way back north to get back on my way I found that while it appeared to be clear ahead of me, I was near the front of a cluster of stopped traffic. At least I was within the first 20 or thirty in line, so it must have been an accident that had just happened and hadn't been cleared yet. Again, I never saw this accident or a wrecked car or anything - just mysteriously stopped traffic. It wasn't like this on both sides of the highway in this case, though, and it let up. I just took it north to I-70E directly rather than getting back on the outerbelt. This was a good move, because it was smooth sailing from there on out.

Normally my trip from Bloomington, IN to Columbus, OH take just a hair over four hours. Today I left around 11:30 and walked in the door of my parents' house at 6:15 or so. It's all because of the traffic in Indianapolis, that's how friggin miserably slow it was.

Starting out from Bloomington I had a bowl of Scottish Cake in the MM Legend, and not a care in the world.

By the time I was on 465 I hadn't yet lost my patience, and was contentedly puffing on my second pipe pre-packed for the road. A bowl of MB Vanilla Flake in the Savinelli prince.

Shortly after that ran out, I lost my cool. Having to pee in stopped traffic on the freeway didn't help my temper.

Now I'm back in Ohio, and with the forecast as it is, there's no pipes in the next couple days...just snus. In my mind, though, I'm enjoying some more Scottish Cake in my BST or L'Anatra, or maybe some Kickin' Chicken, or even the notorious Kendal Dark!

If only...

(That was a miserable car ride today! And to make things worse, when I got here and tried to start my laptop up, I kept getting a "disk read error" over and over again...after about another 45 minutes or so my computer would start up, so I think it was just the cold of the car trunk which had bewitched it somehow! At least I'm now warm, out of traffic, and my computer isn't ruined. I don't mean to complain, but I needed to vent!)

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 21 others like this.
  11. critter

critter Member

mc c dark flake in a meer with a landshark sitting on the hearth and smoking inside. headed for freezing here tonight too. this dark flake is a change from my usual, but tasty. pita to keep lit, but tasty

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 21 others like this.
  12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

And hey, at least I got in two nice smokes today before I have to do without for a bit!

PyrateMate, mitchell, aggman and 16 others like this.
  13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good evening. Attempted to go to bed early but it didn't take...so I'm about to pack some Prince Albert in an MM Eaton :puffy:
    Temperature is 15 (F), and expected to get down to ZERO in a couple days...I'm very lucky (I realize that) to be able to smoke indoors at will.

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 26 others like this.
  14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Wessex Gold Brick in a Peterson Shannon 999

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 21 others like this.
  15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

I smoke indoors. During the week, when there is not much traffic, I smoke in the office at work. I smoke in the car, and my wife complains she can't smell it on the highway. I am blessed in a number of ways...

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 21 others like this.
  16. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Well, it actually went down to 26 here in Florida last night. Supposed to be 22 on Tuesday morning. I feel for you guys north of here.... (Which is pretty much everyone else!)

A balmy 36 now.in the garage having Capstan Blue in a lovely old Royal Sovereign Lovet. Ice cold water to drink.

Just returned from a great dinner of Fontina Pork Chops, BangBang Shrimp, and wine with the Wife.

Puff On! :sailor:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I like smoking outdoors, but it sure is warmer inside! Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Chief Catoonah Bailey's Supreme in a 2003 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter. I've just enough left for maybe half a bowl. Molly the flying bug hunter has been stalking her prey, just waiting for it to fly low enough for her to catch. I have seen her jump and catch one in mid-air, and she's got her eyes fixed on this one. Suzy's watching, too, but she usually loses out to Molly, poor little kitty cat!

18. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

My sincere condolences to Pyrate mate on his loss. I read the bad then good news on Eric's wife. Pyrate and Eric, you two are in my prayers. Prayers to Eric's wife. Getin' cold here in my part of Texas but not crazy cold. Our thermometers don't read anything below 32 so we're in good shape.
    Smoking a bowl of Margate in my Altinok Bacchus Meer tired as all get out. It was one of those weval bustin' days but a good one. Planning on smoking some Escudo next in a Tinksy if I'm not too tired. Have a warm and safe evening!

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 19 others like this.
  19. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Wow what a crummy day behind the wheel! I'm happy you made it safely though :)

20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

They are both cold.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.