1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Last smoke of the evening: The good Prince Albert in an MM Eaton natural :puffy:
    And then it's off to bed for me. Hope everyone has a very good night and rests well, for tomorrow will be here before you know it :)

Good night guys.

mitchell, olddog, aggman and 23 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Congrats to you, Harry!

About to light up a bowl of Royal Yacht in a smooth almost full bend 1981 Briar Workshop round volcano signed by Elliott Nachwalter with a gold acrylic stem. Coffee just finished brewing, and I'm going to work some more.

mitchell, olddog, Everman75 and 22 others like this.
  3. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Well let's see....there's a POY coming up soon.....

4. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Just finished a bowl of Old Companion in a Savinelli Saturnalia poker
    Next up is Uhle's Blend #00 in a Yello-Bole straight Airograte

olddog, aggman, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Saw a thread where someone mentioned G&H Balkan Mixture and figured I better go have some . Filled up one of my Uncles pipes from WW2 that he smoked while flying for the RAF .... It's a small billiard thats stamped France . I miss my uncle

002.JPG

olddog, Everman75, aggman and 30 others like this.
  6. critter

critter Member

flake of st. james in the kolonel is done and so am i. good night peeps

olddog, Everman75, aggman and 21 others like this.
  7. BC56CH

BC56CH Member

MB Dark Twist Roll Cake in a Brigham bent billiard.
    Playing Cribbage with Mrs. C and listening to "Adventures By Morse"
    a ten part serries called "City of the Dead".
    Have a great evening all.

olddog, aggman, Rockbass and 22 others like this.
  8. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well...-10C feels like -19C, which is a bit warmer than it was the past two days (we were down at about -30 last night). I guess I'll give it a go, since I just washed all my longjohns and wool socks. The other day someone (Berg *cough*) made mention of GH Dark Flake Unscented, which got me thinking, which got me popping the tin I've had since August 2012, dried on the Dapper Dan mat from SorringOwl & Sons. It's going in the Brebbia Serie 1960 Sabbiata Nera. I've also opened some Chianti Ruffino this evening, so the Mayor will approve. Here's to winter!

[​IMG]

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 23 others like this.
  9. jwh891

jwh891 Member

Went to the beach and had a nice time with the wife and baby, let the dogs run around off leash and have some fun. Enjoyed a bowl of Bald Headed Teacher in a Bjarne bent bulldog and a bowl of Shortcut to Mushrooms in a Country Gentleman

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 20 others like this.
  10. LBauer12

LBauer12 Member

Stonehenge in a Ser Jacapo. It smells like mushrooms and chocolate. Someone suggested drying it until crispy--I think it's better like that. Only my second time smoking it, but I like it which is a problem since it's hard to find.

PyrateMate, olddog, aggman and 14 others like this.
  11. JimInks

Adv. By Morse is a really good radio series. I hope you have all the episodes. If you don't, you can get them here for free: https://archive.org/details/AdventuresByMorse52Eps2Promos52Eps There are a very few I Love a Mystery shows, too. Have you ever listened to those?

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

A bowl from the remnants pouch in the Falcon. This stuff has become fairly burleyish lately. Not near as much latakia as I usually have in there. Water heated up by much-warmer-than-outside li'l icebergs is wetting my whistle.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  13. JimInks

Taking a very short break to get another cup of coffee. I'm now smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. And listening to The Jack Benny Program from my own collection. Next is an audio book of misc. short stories by Mark Twain.

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 16 others like this.
  14. JimInks

One thing we can't do is the chill the great outdoors to the proper temperature. Maybe we should speak to Stormy about that?

15. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Warm those temps up. I will be back in a week.

ChristTiger, psquared, Stormy and 7 others like this.
  16. moosecop

moosecop Member

Well I live about 60 miles from Chris and I got to work on Sunday night.. I pray I dont have to get out of the squad for anything.. I pulled out my thinwall pipes tonight because they do make the best handwarmers..But not at work.. Had some Drew Estate Central Park Stroll tonight because I like the bakery smell.. (see my post Pipe smoking and Diabetes for more info).. Just remember it will 100 degrees in 6 months for many of us!!

aggman, olddog, ChristTiger and 11 others like this.
  17. moosecop

moosecop Member

I think you are a smart man.. 350 bucks can buy a lot of tobacco..

ChristTiger, psquared, dBear and 7 others like this.
  18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Earlier tonight it was Compton's York Full Mixture in a Davorin Medium Bent Billiard with hot English Breakfast tea. Then I had Edgeworth Sliced in a Kaywoodie Monterey Mission Briar 55 Bent Billiard that was sold as a "Dad's Pipe". Now I'm smoking a treat, J.P. Couvert Semois in a Kaywoodie 8822 Aged Bruyere Billiard. Earthy is the word that comes to mind and I can see this being a problem. I am really loving this tobacco with not a clue how to get more!:(

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  19. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

It's after 9pm and I'm still awake? This is an alarming trend.

Escudo in a GOML Cutty.
    Good old reliable Escudo.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  20. JimInks

I don't know who I dislike more for having Edgeworth Slices to smoke: :mad:Spillproof or Flatbush Paul. Grumble, grumble, grumble, whine, moan, and complain. :bbaby:

Guess I'll just suffer mightily through this bowl of Germain's Brown Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10. Wish I had the recipe or samples of ES, so I could try and talk the Sutliff guys into making a match for it. I did find out today that they will be introducing new Sutliff blends, along with MacBaren blends this year. Guess who'll taste test them?! I threw in a couple of ideas for blends, and am hoping they'll make them.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.