What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Spent the last three days in ER's and children's hospitals getting about a combined six hours of sleep, watching wonderful doctors help Remy Lu breathe right. Got her discharged with the ability to adequately exchange oxygen for carbon dioxide, a massive, absolutely spleen-shattering bill and a prescription for some kind of steroid. Went to get the car and it was frozen solid. Had to get a ride back to the house then go back with my dad to extract my car from the hospital garage. And I think I'm getting another cold.

The good news is that she is doing just fine and breathing normally. The bad news is that she got a bit pissed off when I turned off Star Trek and threw the couch at me. Gonna have to tread lightly until this scrip runs out.

Gonna get swiftly drunk and have a nice few bowls of Irish Oak. Gonna watch some Yu Yu Hakusho. Gonna have a few bolts of some nice Radford to clear the sinuses. Tomorrow, a couple of cans of Monster Rehab and a day of laundry and playing with Remy Lu. Depending on her mood, I might have her help me move some of the kegs around in the basement.

Might brew some beer. Gonna call it "Johnny Dingo's ICU IPA."

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    PyrateMate, mitchell, aggman and 30 others like this.
  2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening, everyone. I'm posting from 11 pages back. Holy cow! I'm smoking Carter Hall in my MM straight Spool w/Caramel swirl Forever Stem. I'm reading the mail. Puff on!

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 23 others like this.
  3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, the wind forced me in from what was a very enjoyable bowl of Dark Flake. Time for some thawing out with the Chianti and then maybe bed. Winter sucks.

PyrateMate, aggman, olddog and 23 others like this.
  4. moosecop

moosecop Member

Also tell them to package Molte Dulce in 8 oz too

5. PiperZaig

PiperZaig Member

About two hours ago I decided on some Presbyterian in my Stanwell. Now that the kids are in bed...

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 24 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I have already asked that. They are reluctant to do it, I assume because of sales? I suggest anybody who wants them to sell MD in 8 oz. tins to contact them and request it. Hearing directly from the public helps; that's how I got them to save EGR and sell in 1.5 oz tins. http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/contact-us.html

PyrateMate, mitchell, olddog and 20 others like this.
  7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I was almost finished with the Carter Hall when I posted my last smoke. It's gone now, and I've moved on to PS LTF in my MM Egg. A bottle of Orange Crush is my drink. Puff on!

PyrateMate, mitchell, aggman and 24 others like this.
  8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy birthday Porshcigar!

Still PS LTF in my MM Egg.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 15 others like this.
  9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Briar Fox in a JSEC pear, sippin' on some Buffalo Trace

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 21 others like this.
  10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Congratulations on 1002 posts!

11. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Wow rough couple of days Johnny. I'm happy to hear she's doing ok now :)

After a second failed attempt at sleep, I'm up and smoking Uhle's 00 in an MM Pony Express :puffy:

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  12. PiperZaig

PiperZaig Member

I'm a big fan of briar fox.

olddog, Rockbass, WalkinStick and 7 others like this.
  13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I really got to get me a Forever Stem or two. My cobs are starting to beg for them :)

14. muddler

muddler Active Member

Beautiful clear morning here. Accuweather says it's cloudy. Either way, It's going to get really hot. I'll take it over winter though. Coffee & Kingfisher in a Pietenpauw nosewarmer. I opened the KF on NYE to discover the tin had dried out completely. Rehydration restored it & now it's a remarkable smoke.

[​IMG]

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 20 others like this.
  15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Do it!:banana:

16. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Wow there's so many styles and colors to choose from...I like the Tortoise in 4 3/4" mini churchwarden a lot. Hmm, the black marble looks nice as well. Man I'll never decide :)

17. JimInks

Work is done for the day. I'm almost finished with this bowl of Classic Burley Kake in a 2013 straight 5th Avenue DGE Nose warmer cob. Think I'll have more burley next.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  18. zappano

zappano Member

only the first glass! each next one is 10% less water :chug: , and after the 4th, i take the bottle direct :moon:

19. JimInks

Now smoking Kentucky Planter in a 2003 smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with newly carved li'l floaty icebergs tenderly delivered to my glass by one particular precious young nubile is my drink. Usually, the Saint Bernard does that for me, but he's busy chatting with a girl friend about hunting. Well, I think it's hunting they were talking about, because I heard him mention something about getting some shots at a Wild Turkey.

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 22 others like this.
  20. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

I smoked 2 full bowls for F&T Waterloo in my new (new to me) Barling's. It was my first 2 ever in this particular pipe. WOW, what a great smoker it is!

aggman, olddog, dying breed and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.