1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Now enjoying the good Prince Albert in an MM Pony Express :puffy:
    The temperature has dropped down to 9 (F) degrees. Locked in a cold front for the next few days.
    Went to take the recycle bin out to the curb and nearly slipped on the frozen ice and snow. :eek:

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 22 others like this.
  2. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Just smoked some Ogden's Walnut in a Dunhill Shell billiard. This could be a major problem. The stuff is really, really, really good. Uh oh.

So yeah, check out our upcoming weather here. This is not very cold to some of our members, but this is very cold for Birmingham, and I am extremely excited that winter is going to pay us a visit, brief though it may be. Snow/ice, and a low of 6˚F?! :banana:

[​IMG]

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 20 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

M'lady and I have been playing with the kittens, and Suzy and Molly now appear to have tuckered out a little. I'm still at it however, with this bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin.

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 20 others like this.
  4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Earlier was capstan gold in a Ben Wade shadow Canadian, finishing the night with 3 star China black fire cured in a Pete Donegal rocky 68 with p-lip.

mitchell, aggman, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I really like China Black Fire Cured :th1: In fact I'm really liking IRC in general. Old Colonial and IRC Flake are two of my regulars.
    Enjoying some IRC Va Flake at the moment :puffy:

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 17 others like this.
  6. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

I have only tried the blue, ko ko and the dark fired so far. I have some of the Dr Bradley, but haven't opened it yet. The dark fired is good...

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is Three Friars in a 1980 black rusticated rough top Jobey E27 Stromboli extra egg-shaped poker. Dunno why, but this pipe works best with burley blends. It's also cool looking and smokes very well. See you folks later this day.

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 19 others like this.
  8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Having some Presbyterian Mixture in the straight Falcon while waiting for my brain to wake up.

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 22 others like this.
  9. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Cover me Sgt
    I'm on your five
    Freeeeeeze !
    Watch the hands
    Get down,get down !

[​IMG]

House of Smoke No. 8 [Latakia]

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 24 others like this.
  10. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good morning, Dark Flake in a Benton Big Ben, much warmer this morning 4.6°f, happy smoking chaps.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  11. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Glad your fortunes are improving this morning Johnny.

Morning all. A seasonable 20F in Louisville this morning before the coming deep freeze. I let the wood burner go out yesterday to clean it out today and prepare for the big push this upcoming week. Going to pick up some provisions today and fort up. Kroger will be a nightmare but it has to be done. Need to be home by 1:00 to prepare for the IU/MSU game this afternoon. Thanks to MSU, we'll get TV coverage on CBS. IU turned the rock over 23 times against Illinois and suffered the consequences. They'll have to cut that in half and shoot better than 41% today to have a puncher's chance against the talented Spartans.

Started out with Peterson Special 2013 Reserve in a GBD Century Conquest w/ coffee. This pipe girdles a bit but always smokes true to the bottom which makes it a rarity in my remaining collection. Will need an additional bowl of 5100 in my Rekamepip gnarly freehand w/ more coffee before getting brave enough to walk w/ the cattle dog at daybreak. Plenty of my GE/5100/Perique special blend on hand in my small pack of Pete 312s for the game. Pizza and a fire for dinner tonight.

Enjoy the day PSFers.

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 23 others like this.
  12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Yup, darned tropical out there this morning!

Good Morning All,

Busy Saturday - this is our take down the decorations/clean up from the company weekend. Multiple dump runs and a trip to the grocery will be on todays agenda.

@Brit abroad, if you're around next Saturday I think we need to have a smoke and catch up on the gossip.

This morning's bowl is a strange one - it's a parfait of GH Rum Flake and Pirate Kake in a big Radice.

[​IMG]

Usually I hodge podge these two in a bowl, but this morning I layered them, with the PK going in first. It's probably a 50/50, maybe 60/40 PK/RF, but I'll be damned if I wasn't getting hit with that funny Bengal Slices top note as soon as I lit up. Something about the Rum Flake being drawn through Pirate Kake I would imagine. Hell, who knows, it could be the phase of the moon for all I know. I'll be playing around with this.

mitchell, aggman, olddog and 24 others like this.
  13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Just finishing a bowl of Uhle's #oo in a Yell-Bole straight Airograte

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

bdp

15. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

You're mental.
    Except for the Ogdens
    Walnut part. ;)

16. Brit abroad

That would be great, Saturday is good for me.

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I'll bring the PG Tips!

18. Brit abroad

Outstanding!

19. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

When in doubt, go with black. For me anyway, this is also the wardrobe rule....

20. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Morley's Best in a Savinelli Capri root briar bent pot

aggman, olddog, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.