What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Like in solidarity only. Glad to hear Remy Lu is on the upswing. Perhaps you got all your bad luck out of the way for 2014, all downhill from here.

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Lost 2 old R&Rers this week. Phil Everly yesterday & the original Jay from Jay & the Americans earlier. Number two pipe for the day is CH in a Grabow Omega. Happy because wife's Christmas present arrived! Ordered scarves directly from Russia. She liked them! Russian Christmas is Monday. Just in time.

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 22 others like this.
  3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Welcome from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic!

First, thanks to a sensative friend on PSF, let me correct my previous postings. I am not happy that I not Arabic an Arab, I just did not like the Arabic food selection at the Arab Restaurant I went to. I appologize to anyone I may have offended. I love kibbeh fried with beef inside, pine nuts and all of the spices. I even like kibbeh ¨cruda¨ or raw.

Yes Eric, I did have kibbeh, or as the Dominicans pronounce it quipe, but the meat was fried lamb. I love the kibbeh with beef or goat meat. Quipe with beef is found everywhere on the Island and is very popular as an Hors d'oeuvre.‎

Miss Daisy says thank you Stormy. BTW, everytime the weather gets a little rough in Tally, she will ask me if that's Stormy coming to visit LoL!

JimInks Love the Flintstones. Played it for Miss Daisy and she says thanks alot!

aggman, olddog, dying breed and 21 others like this.
  4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Well boys, the sun is shining for a second day, strong SE wind is going to warm things up from deep freeze to 30F today. I've got to get to the feed mill, then clean up the snow. FVF drying, the Pete Sherlock Holmes bucket will take 3 flakes. Gonna be a windcap day.

aggman, olddog, dying breed and 22 others like this.
  5. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

15/23

What a great day! Got up early-ish and ambled around for a while, washed down some Carter Hall with french press coffee and then headed out. First to the mother-in-law's to lend her my car for the day and the into the city for a pipe smoker's meet up.

It's a pretty small group but they were very welcoming and it was a really great day.

[​IMG]
    I posted more pics here.

While there I got to smoke some McClelland; Virginia Woods, Navy Flake and Brindle Flake, MacB 7 Seas Red and GH&Co Scotch Flake. I also was gifted some Peter Stokkebye; Luxury Twist Flake, Luxury Bullseye Flake and Nougat.

Now I'm at home drinking hot, sweet Australian Afternoon tea and smoking some of this Nougat in the Dublin bowled Falcon.

psquared, aggman, Everman75 and 27 others like this.
  6. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

I have in no way kept up with this thread, it moves too fast and I don't. I'm still on page 9!

But today I'm smoking CH in my Pete 999 so I'm happy and wanted to share.

psquared, aggman, olddog and 23 others like this.
  7. critter

critter Member

last of a cake of 5'oclock topped off with some bayou morning to fill the kolonel. nice walk with buddy on this brisk morning.

psquared, aggman, olddog and 20 others like this.
  8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Why didn't you guys tell me that I should smoke ODF in a cob!? Holy cow, I could smoke ODF in a cob every morning. What's Carter Hall?

psquared, aggman, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good afternoon folks. Having my fourth bowl of St. Bruno in my "new" Ormax estate pipe having had a bit of a Skyrimfest. Now watching the footie scores come in.

BTW, has anyone heard for Sir Wicker of Man lately? I'm worried he might be off invading Lancashire with Teddy. I wonder if he could plant a PSF flag in it and claim it for the forum.

psquared, aggman, olddog and 19 others like this.
  10. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

More Stonehaven in my Ligne Bretagne billiard. Last day of vacation, looking forward to smoking something else when I return home.

aggman, olddog, Everman75 and 20 others like this.
  11. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

aggman, olddog, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  12. TheKiltedOne

There is a bit of bad weather down in Englandshire, hopefully he's okay but he might just be distracted.

13. BernardLerring

Possibly and well pointed out, though the weather down the east coast hasn't been so bad, just been a bit blustery and wet, not had the Sharknado that BBC seems to be forecasting. Either way, I hope all is well at Chateau Wicker.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Happy Anniversary to Arti and Miss Daisy, I must get some Anni Cake to properly celebrate these occasions. Provided some entertainment for the neighbors this morning. After feeding the animals I let our little cat out, he thinks he is a dog and does his business in the neighbors Rose garden. I than let the dogs out who usually just stay in the front yard, but his morning a big black cat decided he was going to take on my little guy, Jeep. Well an ensuing scream by the black cat got the attention of the dogs and they bolted after the cat chasing him home a half a block away with me in pursuit in my pj's. I must have been a sight hobbling along yelling "Blue," Casey" get home. Funny in retrospect but not at the time and than I had to go back and pick up a deposit that Blue had left on a neighbors lawn.
    Now relaxing with a bowl of a.m. Pipe in a Kaywoodie bent apple.

psquared, aggman, Everman75 and 18 others like this.
  15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

MacB's Navy Flake in a Yello-Bole carburetor straight bulldog

Heading to the office to put out some fires - strong coffee in the to-go cup

psquared, aggman, olddog and 22 others like this.
  16. TheKiltedOne

I've no idea to be honest, I dont pay too much attention to anything south of Hadrian's Wall... :laff:

17. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

So I am visiting my parents in NY and took the kids out in the snow. I had Sillem's mayor flake 1814 in the Unique Briars canted egg. This is an easy lighting solid smoke. I would love to get some tins and put some age on it. Honey grahm crackerey, light citrus notes...great Virginia flake. I only brought this combo for the trip and am a little sad I did not bring something with a stoutter flavor for the snow but this is a great flake I can get down with.

psquared, aggman, olddog and 17 others like this.
  18. BernardLerring

:xd: True, all things interesting stop at the Tyne.

19. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

20. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Chicago is under siege with cold weather. I had a quick bowl of H&H Louisiana Red in a cob.

psquared, aggman, olddog and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.