1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Eric Pierson, I'm smoking C&D Super Balkan in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls. A bottle of Mexican Coca Cola made with pure cane sugar is my drink. Now, back to work.

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've set a light to some PS LNF in my MM Spool. Might have to finish this one tomorrow, unless I get a second wind. Puff on!

Old Codger, psquared, Stormy and 22 others like this.
  3. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

Old Companion in a Peterson Erica with a William Demuth Wellington bit.

4. muddler

muddler Active Member

Another beautiful dawn in Pretoria. Coffee in the mug, Dunhill MM965 in an Orlik. Life is good!

[​IMG]

5. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

Wow! I can't believe how many posts you folks put up since I last viewed this thread! and it wasn't that long ago either! I need to take up speed reading or something to keep up.

Anyway, tonight it's CH in a trusty MM Pride. Sure glad I cellared some before that cranky old guy (who shale remain nameless) bought it all!

6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Is Sugar Barrel or Walnut any good?
    The others I could personally care less about, but would kind of like to taste Sugar barrel just to put it to rest.

I'm starting some ODF in a Rob Roy cob.

7. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

More sillem's mayor's flake in the Unique Briars canted egg.

8. olddog

olddog Member

Hello. I'm smoking a little HH Burley Kake in a Dr. Grabow "Supreme" that I'm trying to restore. I'm pondering what white material I can use to make the spade logo as the old one fell out. Stay warm.

9. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Prince Albert in my DGE nose warmer. Got some more stuff out to dry

10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Oh yes, i know my weeds. :) Often when out and about I take a cob and a little bit of my normal all day smoke in a baggy. I have something else for the unmentionable dried plant leaves. SWR tastes much better with the coffee.

To stay on topic, I had to take the damned pain pills and can't do any real writing when my brain gets this loose. So I've given myself to contemplating the many, many joys associated with my favourite pipe, the Pete, and a good supply of Nightcap. when i finally sell something I'm going to buy myself a few Peterson pipes that I have lusted after for some time now.

Old Codger, psquared, Stormy and 20 others like this.
  11. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I just ppppoooped a tin of Ten Russians from Secret Santa (Dwaugh) and am smoking a slice in my Nording. I really love the plug this comes in. Great smell in the tin and is a really nice smoke that seems to get better and better every five puffs or so. I'd tried a sample of this, but now I feel like I'm getting the full Ten Russians experience.

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Starting some Ennerdale Flake in briar. Frosted flakes.

13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good night everyone. I'll finish this PS LNF tomorrow. Puff on!

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I'm smoking Sailor Jerry's, eating a can of tuna, and drinking Ennerdale flake... it may be Jerry talking...

EDIT: And now having Oreos and milk. I know, I'm weird. I still had tuna in my mouth when I started eating oreos. :)

DOUBLE EDIT: I encourage you all to smoke Ennerdale while eating oreos..

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've waited a while to smoke this, and now is the time. Royal Yacht in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. I'm glad I took advantage of the buy 2 get a third free Dunhill sale P&C had back in June. Remember those days when you could navigate their website without a GPS? Working, drinking ice water properly chilled with floaty li'l icebergs who managed to survive New Years Day, and listening to the last chapters of Hero Tales from American History by Henry Cabot Lodge and Teddy Roosevelt.

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Lighting up Larry's Blend in the Squatch Scoop. After this it's going to be bedtime. And just because I missed it from FishNBanjo today - Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

17. PiperZaig

PiperZaig Member

Finishing off the day with some GLP's Sextant. In my straight rusto basket pipe. Smokes easy and smooth.

18. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking nightcap in the altinok talon churchwarden and fully satisfied after two great football games to kickoff the playoffs. That colts chiefs game was just crazy. Snow is falling already an inch on the ground.

19. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm going to check the wind and see if it's worth drying out a bowl of Dark Flake Unscented or Nightcap. Let's see if the snow's still falling, shall we?

Not happening :(

Let's get out the snuff! :snork:

20. aggman

aggman Active Member

No smoking yesterday - too damn cold plus I ran out of kero for the heater. It's a balmy 30 F right now compared a high of 11 F yesterday. While I'm catching up I'll be smoking MB Honey & Chocolate in the Iwan Ries Treviso 096 then do a little reading. I got this book for Christmas last year and forgot about it. Given our recent weather, I thought it was appropriate. I couldn't help but add a couple of images from the book - I wonder what they were smoking? The one reminded me of Eric Pierson freezing outside while figuring out how to plug his truck in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.