1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

ODF in a Rob Roy cob again this morning. Time to get a new Legend just for ODF I do believe.

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Smoking the good Prince Albert in an MM Pride straight:puffy:
    Freezing rain is falling pretty good now, temp at 26 (F)...the trees are covered in ice. It's quite beautiful, but I definitely wouldn't want to be out driving in this stuff.

3. Husayn

Husayn Member

Just finished my bowl of Captain Earle's Diamond Head :(
    It's amazing the difference a different pipe will make! I smoked this the other night in my MM CG and it was so different! It was a more rounder, sweeter smoke in the CG, nice, but not mind-blowing.
    In the taller, narrower bowl though, it was tangy, citrus-like, akin to smoking grapefruit! Absolutely delicious! Man! The smokiness of the Latakia in the background with the tang and citrus like Virginia (I assume) at the front, boy oh boy, what can I say!!!
    4am here now, time to hit the hay! I'd love to go to bed without brushing my teeth so I can savour the taste but I don't think the missus would appreciate it too much lol!

....trudges off to the bathroom.....

Have a great day/night y'all! :puffy:

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having some Royal Yacht in the Benfield wishing it wasn't quite so cold.

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I just have to tell you it's "espresso."

Loading my second bowl of ODF in a Rob cob. Drinking Costa Rican Tarrazu.

6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Is it a cob full of ODF? :poke:

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

We're into full on packing mode now but I managed to sneak off for some McC Navy Cavendish.

8. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

St. George's Blend by Sutliff. In my Bulletproof cob.

9. scopawl

scopawl Member

Finished the last of my MB Vanilla Creme this evening. It was burned in my Falcon, which I received for Christmas... I've not smoked a different pipe since I got it- I'm most certainly a Falcon convert!

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

More Carter Hall, this time in the MM Mizzou (or maybe it's a Rob Roy). More black coffee to drink. Puff on!

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I have a few, but haven't posted a photo. Started buying Petersons in the 70s. I only found out about reaming pipes when I came to PSF, so there's a bunch sitting in drawers back east. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get them all together, ream them out and clean them up. My father and grandfather were the same way, when a pipe's bowl got too small or too dirty they'd just put it away and get another one, so I come by this particular quirk honestly. Good excuse to go buy a new pipe. At least I now know about the salt and alcohol treatment and that softens up the cake making it easy to scrape out the pipes. Haven't retired a pipe to a drawer for over two years. The things you learn at PSF.
    Sun is out and there's actually steam coming off one of the car windows outside as the frost gets hit by all those happy little photons. Escudo in, yes, a Peterson 80s.

12. Super K

Super K Active Member

Newminster Navy Flake in the Coastie'd Kaywoodie . I finally got fold and stuff down, all was well until I decided the bowl needed an unneeded tamp at the halfway mark. Bowl turned to concrete with no draw, pick it all out and try again. It was good tasting, like alfalfa and tea.

13. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Continuing to smoke "dusty back shelf" blends. This time C&D London Squire in a Bj bulldog. Espresso Bustelo on the side. Time to change the linens.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Watching FA Cup match, waiting for the SD-Cincinnati game. Smoking DGT'd McC a.m. Pipe in a Barling post-transition bent billiard.

15. Dobacco

Dobacco Member

Good almost Aternoon. -12f windchill here. Had some Peterson Holiday Season 2013 in a MM Diplomat on the way home from church. Made a mug of ginseng Oolong tea and getting ready for some football.
    Nice new avatar Eric.

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm sure the blend was good, but was it THAT good??? :xd:

17. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

Hello all,
    33f. here in N. Cent. Indiana, snowing like crazy. Old Companion in a MM Diplomat. Stay warm gentlemen.

18. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

:xd::laff::xd::appl: It's laundry day! and the smoke is better than I remembered. I :poop: you not.:rofl::rofl:

19. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Smoking a bowl of Peter Stokkebye:"Luxury Navy Flake" in my De Luxe: "Mignon" pipe. At the same time, I am also drinking a double Greek coffee and enjoying the afternoon's little pleasures!

20. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

Oh man! Thats hilarious! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.