What Are You Smoking? July 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

This combo:[​IMG]

Both courtesy of CMAsailor. Imagine my surprise when I opened up what was supposed to be a tin of tobacco and got 3 times as much as I was expecting plus this beautiful Israeli Alpha sandblasted freehand tobacco burning machine. :)

THANKS A MILLION SHAWN!!!!

Tsal, WrightwoodJohn, nesta and 5 others like this.
  2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Turning into an aro guy on us, eh?:doh:

WrightwoodJohn and Spillproof like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a xxl IMP meerschaum. I have no idea what "an added light topping to resemble the old classic "Revelation" ", is all about but it sure works. 18C(64F)H56%. Wind has shifted all the way around to out of the north and there's a very nice perfume of spruce in the air.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Have you smoked C&D Epiphany, OC?

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Been in Miami since thurs .... yeah , it's freakin hotter than hell . Today was brutal . I have smoked a few bowls of MB Latakia and a couple bowls of SP Black Cav and thats it . To much work and way hot . This is [ better ] be my last Miami trip for freakin ever . The house goes on the market when I leave . It's a shame in a way ... we remodel a good portion of this awesome place for the guy to sell it .. lol . However , he's buying a mansion in Italy [ Como ] that I'll have to work on .. shucks ;) . I'll take pictures of everything before I leavefor anyone interested in this type of stuff . I'm wanting to make it home for my 5 year olds first day of school ... it's gonna be close . Damn , I hope I make it . This out of town stuff is a drag . Oh , I ate at a place in the Gables called Season52 .... Each plate was 475 cal or less . The Trout was very good but the concept , in general , is lame . Yeah , it's all fresh ... yada yada . When I go out to eat I want to live a little , ya know . Ya wanna watch yer wait .. eat that stuff at home . I swear , America needs an enema and then a good economy .... get back to livin again

Stormy, nesta and Old Codger like this.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

No. Is it supposed to be similar to Revelation? What do you think of Epiphany? Never smoked Revelation that I know of but the jar of Painter Hills is down the better part of half a pound since I bought it a couple of months ago.

7. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

This hapf a small bowl thing is working rather well...did it again tonight. Maybe a whole bowl tomorrow.

SouthBound likes this.
  8. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Cornell & Diehl, Inc. Evening Rise, Dr.G Omega.. +8

What a nice cool breeze & great overall temp for being outdoors. 75F H54%

cobbsmoker and Old Codger like this.
  9. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

I agree with the small bowl thing, think that was half my problem. Always seemed like I was sitting out here half the night. Right now got a bit of McC Easy Street in a little ol' cob.

Artistik and cobbsmoker like this.
  10. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

You like trout? Come back to New Jersey and i'll give you one cooked nice in some bacon fat with fresh sprigs of sage and some lemon juice at the end to lighten the flavor.

Skrymr likes this.
  11. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

MM, that sounds delicious!

12. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Myself i never had it.. But people on the river i fish with do enjoy it. Then after the meal some will relax with a nice Va in the pipe for that extra nice flavor to complement the meal.. So you heading on down?:whis:

Hmm.. Maybe i need to open up Mad Man's 'Chill &Grill' pipe smokers Cafe.:xd:
    It will be great food and drinks for the people who smoke pipes & cigars.. You can even smoke and eat in an outdoor garden section near the Japanese koi pond.

Rewster66 likes this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I wanted a nightcap, so I'm smoking 2/3 full bowl of Kendal Dark in the big new L'Anatra billiard.

This stuff is as good as anything out there for breaking in a new pipe. Heck, I'll go further...this stuff is as good as anything out there. One of my top 3 blends for sure

Old Codger likes this.
  14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Let me know how that Sextant is, it sounds awesome just by the tin description

Rewster66 likes this.
  15. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

SWEET pipe, Rewster.

On The Town in a basket piece

Rewster66 likes this.
  16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

no good, half you customers would sit there with a rod and reel

17. kb7get

kb7get Member

Smokers best original in a Holland basket briar. Seems this cheap shag? tobacco cleans my palate so the next bowl of better tobacco tastes even better/fuller.

18. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Good point! I need to buy private land on a farm with a cold water stream. This way they can hunt upland game birds or catch the fish themselves. Then relax & smoke..

On topic.. All of this while smoking my Dr.G Omega and Evening Rise..

cobbsmoker, Old Codger and Skrymr like this.
  19. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Tried my first bowl of Germain's King Charles tonight in a BC gourd Calabash, a good smoke, start out smokey, half way through it sweetened up, and a little spice at the end, smooth & mellow throughout, reminded me of The Balkan Sobranie, a little fuller though.

SidStavros and Old Codger like this.
  20. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Mc Va #22 - stanwell pot

Rewster66, cobbsmoker and TheMadMan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.