What Are You Smoking? July 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Nightcap in a Falcon.

saintchris likes this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Good evening, gents.

Louisiana Flake in its very own Country Gent.

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Earl Grey, Red Cake, DrG Grand Duke.

4. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Now that's a nice looking cob! :th1:

TheMadMan likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's over 85 degrees F at 10:42PM here in Westerville. It's balmy, I'd guess the rh is about the same as the temperature. Hot and sticky....

Good time for some latakia! Against my better judgment, I just couldn't keep my hands off the Nightcap. It's been a few years since I had it, and back then I couldn't smoke anything without wicked tongue bite. So it's Dunhill Nightcap in the Savinelli Trevi 114ks. Great stuff so far!

7. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

GLP Black Point in a Squatch

8. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Now you sound like JP... :laff:

FlatbushPaul, jpberg and dwaugh like this.
  9. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Thanks.. I only take this Buescher's sweet corn cob out in public along with a Montecristo now. My other cobs are for only when i'm fishing in the dark. Maybe someday that will change down the road..:rolleyes:

FlatbushPaul and cobbsmoker like this.
  10. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

If you like Virginia blends then there would be no doubt that you would like Dixie Pride. It has a good strong dark Virginia base and the rum used for casing is apparently top notch as far as flavor. RewRew likey!!!:)

FlatbushPaul, nesta and TheMadMan like this.
  11. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Just finished a bowl of Dark Flake in the dedicated Sav dublin KS.

FlatbushPaul and Jammer like this.
  12. saintchris

saintchris Member

LBF in a MM Country Gent.....great smoke:thu:

Artistik and cobbsmoker like this.
  13. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Going up to watch the sun set with a nice mystery English given to me by the Old Codger. Don't know what it named but it is a very pleasant light English bulk blend.

Old Codger and FlatbushPaul like this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Having some Irish Flake in my Northern Briars banker. Sitting on my friend's patio in the balmy humidity of a July night in Alabama, with my trusty golden retriever. This is a fitting smoke for the setting, really. Strong, natural tobacco. IF has been a favorite of mine for some time now.

Old Codger and FlatbushPaul like this.
  15. orto

orto Member

Happy to say I'm currently smoking the last bowl of a miserable decision: buying four 1.75 oz. pouches of OTC Red Cap from the local RYO hut. Mind you, I blended that garbage with the crumbs from a few other tins and pouches of tobaccos I do like, and have made this horse hair rather tolerable.

Sad to say it's absolutely the only tobacco I have on hand at the moment, and after this bowl, I have nothing. Tomorrow I'm going to track down something worth smoking to tide me over until a new care package arrives .

Also, I should mention that as dismal as this bone dry, stem-filled Red Cap has been, the horror is lessened by being puffed from my battered, bruised MM Country Gent whilst watching these brilliant-yet-somewhat-awkward 1980s pipe tobacco ads on YouTube.

Nothing gets in the way of a Condor moment, after all.

Old Codger, FlatbushPaul and Vaquero like this.
  16. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

I mixed some McB Golden Extra with some Dunhill EMP and loaded in a Squatch. I was very pleasantly surprised, not a bad smoke at all. I"m actually enjoying it very much. But I'm a little odd I guess.

Stormy and Mount Mandolin like this.
  17. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Some McClelland Ashton Revival Oldchurch in a Stanwell DeLuxe... hopefully get a review of this tobacco up soon, almost finished the tin! Not a bad aro, if I do say so myself.

18. Waino

Waino Active Member

Thank you for asking this. It did and did not. I got those eight, two of them are in my fridge but they are zanders, not graylings. I got a wrong term from Internet dictionary. (More in Trout thread)
    [​IMG]

19. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

Breaking in my new MM Country Gent with Orlik Golden slice. This is my first flake, so far so good.

20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

More Uhle's #00 in a Peterson System 303. I am becoming a bit of a burley fanatic, I think. I really need to place an order with Steven Books at House of Calabash. Can't afford much of it, but I can't wait to try that stuff.

I blame this burley/natural tobacco obsession, and my probably expensive HoC order, on FlatbushPaul. It's all his fault. The stuff is just so damn good, and so damn smokable. I just can't get enough of it lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.