1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now another bowl of Peretti Royal in a freshly cleaned Squatch volcano. Finished the dregs of the coffee, so it's water on the side. Yesterday's computer trauma is becoming a mere memory.

2. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Peretti royal huh? Sounds like good stuff, I think i will order a few pounds...in fact, I recommend that everybody should order a few pounds.:p:

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening Gentlemen and Ladies. For me, it's G.L.Pease Telegraph Hill in the silver banded shank Suffolk straight pot. Bottled water to slake my powerful thirst. Been a very busy last official day of vacation. Just now I've got the fire lit in the Weber Kettle to cook dinner. The charcoal needs about ten more minutes. Puff on PSFers!

4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Welcome back brother. Did you have any beach pipes?

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

No beach pipes for me this time. There was a lot of wind. I haven't got a wind cover. I did a goo-gob of porch smoking though....and an abundance of under Palm tree smoking.....which was very similar to under Oak tree smoking....now that I think about it....Any way, good to be back. Thanks Brother.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Let's buy the company and then we'll have dBear at our tender mercies!!! :haha:

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some Peretti's 1072 Burley blend.. They sai it's there 140th anniversary blend.
    It's very nice and I think it's the friendliest burley blend that I have smoked. Facing a week of 90 weather, I'm starting a big chill with tall well iced Lemonade. Dang where did this stationary Hot Crap come from all of a sudden?

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

Y'all know what a liar MDaws is...

9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Pssst, Dan, try some of the Midnight.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, and you could blackmail me into... well wait... Ah, I got nothin'.

11. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Been busy today and this is my first smoke of the day BBF in an Ebony bulldog. I was busy having fun, so I am not complaining.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

A timely suggestion, since I just now finished that bowl of Royal. Ooooh! The bag note on this stuff is really nice!
    Their sites says "This is one of our most unusual blends. A combination of all black tobaccos, formidable to look at, but it is mild and smooth with rich full spicy flavor." Boy, they got the mild and smooth part right - this is the definition of a mild and creamy smoke. I'm not tasting the perique that's supposed to be in here, but maybe it'll build up later in the bowl. The latakia in both this and the Royal is really excellent - first time I've easily tasted that great horse leather that you can smell in the bag note.

Thanks, YappyG!!

13. 13rin

13rin Member

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I think I've time to make a pretty decent before-dinner dent in this bowl of Old Dark Fired in a smooth briar calabash shape 1984 Fero Danese made in Italy. Now drinking a properly temperature controlled bottle of Bubble Up soda.

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Oh yeah, I really want that pipe stand. :thu: That's better even than Wicker Man's brass fly! Where'd you get it?

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You are welcome. If I were you I'd get a catheter cause you ain't tasted nothing yet and you don't want to get yourself wet.:rolleyes:
    :poke::toast:

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

No worries. I've got my Depends on. :wch:

18. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

As predicted, I am stinking up the house with a large bowl of PK in the meer billiard. :cool:

19. 13rin

13rin Member

Pops had one and I got it off eBay. If you google "vintage brass pipe stands", you may find it and many different styles. I'd wager it is older than I. :)

*\(^o^)/*
    Located & pm'd

20. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

After what seemed like a month of clouds and rain we've finally got a nice summer day going. Sitting outside with my Savinelli 320 Sistina and some MB Acadian Perique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.