1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

It must not be available on this side of the pond. I do love the GH blends. Have you ever tried Grasmere Flake?

2. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting very slowly today with a cob of CH and sadly, no coffee. The anti-inflamatories are rough on the gut.

I can't walk right now so my sweetie went to the post office for me. My cup over floweth. I have more tobacco on hand right now than I've ever had at any one time. Now I have decisions to make like, what to smoke next. JackKnife plug or maltese falcon. I'm saving the pirate kake for tonight. The arrival of the 4noggins order can make a fellow happy even when he can't walk or even sit in a chair for more than a few minutes.

I can't make it to the roof so I'm super lucky that my sweetie lets me smoke in the house.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Take care MacN, vamps and nasties can wait, tummy pains need rest.

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

I have been on a MacBaren Club Blend bender for days. Sasquatch got me on to that stuff but it took me a few tins and a couple of years to decide I liked it. Nothing tricky. Mindless smoke - great flavor.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mayhaps the last pipe of the eve H&C/965 Mix in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem. Might stew about a bit and watch a Korean Drama or dig back into Finding Nouf, the heat is still high so it may call for a sneak down for a wee bowl before the eyes take over, in any event we'll be back in 3 or less, keep the smoke fires lit.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

What a great Latakia day this is! It's awfully hard not to just smoke a second bowl of the Midnight, but I'm really itching to get into the Tashkent (thanks, YAPPG!) Both you and Sasquatch have mentioned this one favorably. So, out comes the Kaywoodie PSF POY and into the bowl goes the Tashkent "Named for "The most beautiful city in Central Asia", this spicy, full flavored blend is made from Izmir Turkish and Latakia." Depends Check: Yep, still good.

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

time for dinner

then a bowl of tobacco

any suggestions for what goes good with Pork Chops, mashed potatoes and gravy and all the fixins ?

:byg:

8. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Just finished a bowl of butz choquin semois in a bulldog. Not much flavor, but it delivers on the nic. Waiting for some IF to dry out for my night cap.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

The absence of Virginia in this Tashkent is startling. It's thundering silence. My tastebuds keep looking for the Va and not finding it. I keep looking for those high lemony notes in the nose - not there. The hay sweetness on the tongue - not there. This blend is pretty unique.

10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Winding down on computer project, I swapped parts from office to tv pc to solve problems for the better... bigger, better faster.Still have to reassemble office machine but I wont do it today.
    So far it has been 6 bowls, of French Quarter,Kansas City blend,SWR,TB Midnight, in a cob,Dr G Regal 65,GDB/Comoy Zulu,and the POY, repeated in cob and something else, its kind of a blur.
    Debating dinner choices..

11. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

it was such an excellent day in east texas. the high was 79 and a little rain hit about 7:eek:o. smoked like a freight train today. still not sure how I feel about that. addiction is a real possibility. watched the new Lone Ranger movie with my kiddos, nothing like it was when I was a wee lad btw. not a bad movie though. finished the smoking day with some Best Brown #2 in MM diplomat. awwwhhh yeah, that's what im talkin about.

12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Young Master in the SMS Billiard Lattice Meer

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Gonna Join dBear with some Tashkent, in a cob.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Most everything I sent you is sipping tobacco. Tashkents orientals shine when sipped slowly.

15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Today was my run around with my head cut off day. I'll be waking up at 3 am to head to Pittsburg , providing I fall asleep .Packed 4 pipes : Legend Cob , the Grabow , the Prince I got form Kristina and , my favorite pipe , My Basil Meadows Touched by God pipe .. for when I'm out and about during dinner time :th1:

16. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just came back in from a nice bowl of Carter hall in my Diplomat cob. Think this is my 2nd or 3rd bowl of Carter hall. a easy going smoke. Ill try to mix this up with some Amphora red and see how that goes.

17. Morse

Morse Active Member

Evening PSF. Having a second bowl today (egads) - more of the Peterson Summertime 2013, this time in a Vauen 3314 pot. One of the first pipes I purchased. Low carbon footprint Perrier on the side.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working and smoking Magnum Opus in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer. Ice tea is my drink. Ya wanna make som'thin' of it, pilgrim? Argue, and I'll shoot ya where ya stands, tenderfoot!!! :mad:

The above threat is the private opinion of JimInks, and cannot be reproduced or transmitted in this or any other format without the strict permission of said Inks. For further information, please contact our offices at the usual address.

And now, a word from our sponsor.

19. Morse

Morse Active Member

SSSSHHHHH!!!!!

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

an oriental blend in the cherrywood pipe

:th1:
    cherry.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.