What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Is that a bottle of Ballantine's?...

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just an empty:( Ballantine's bottle i found at antique store

even empty it is nice and has been used for many a photo prop:th1:

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I've got some 4noggins Double Fantasy in my apple by Old Ted.

[​IMG]

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

#500 cigar blend in my old apple. Lemonade to cool me off.

5. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

FVF in my 2013 POY...and some whisky. Not a good day today: payday, and I got shorted $25. After I pay my car payment on Wednesday, I'll have $23 in the bank...meanwhile, I continue to chew my fingernails in anticipation of someone buying the pipe I picked out for my birthday before I can get it...no one buy it!...

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Sure, Coda, anything you say! Now, exactly which pipe was it and what was the absolute maximum you were willing to pay? Just making friendly conversation, you understand...

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its a Kaywoodie...I reckon that'll keep most of you fellas away...except maybe Lord Mayor...

Anyway, I couldnt get the FVF to stay lit, so I just loaded up my Viking with some PA...the definition of dependability. I should have let the FVF dry a bit more...like a few weeks more...

psquared, MDaws79, fishnbanjo and 7 others like this.
  8. dBear

dBear Active Member

In order to take a little break from the Latakia, I selected out Park Square for my next Peretti Day smoke. This is a very nice VaPer, but in this genre I definitely prefer Strang, or maybe even Anni Kake if I'm remembering that correctly. Gonna have to dig some out and see. Speaking of perique, it did finally come out in that Midnight blend, very quietly and beautifully grew up about mid bowl. Yep, I think I'm just going to have to have another bowl of Midnight as my next smoke. Just talked myself into it.

9. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Canadian Maple in the SMS Billiard Lattice meer.

10. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Peterson's Summertime Blemd 2013 in a 70's era Nording freehand. My favorite aro pipe.

11. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Finished the PA, so a quick pipe cleaner later, I got some Half and Half going in the Viking..inspired by Otoolefan's thread...still whisky too...mmm.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still working, but now drinking ice water chilled to the proper temperature, and I'm moments away from smoking Best Brown #2 in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. Going to listen to an episode of Jean Shepard's radio show from 1960.

13. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Tenderfooted Pilgrims? didnt you ever hear of shoes?, those nice black ones with the big shiny buckles to match your hat?:p:

14. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Well, I've finally done it. I popped open my tin of 1998 F&P Silk Road. Smoking it in a 1960 Dunhill Shell ODA Billiard. Mellow, yet full and rich. Just a delicious smoke! Accompanied by a little Knob Creek, it just doesn't get any better!

13rin, psquared, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Earlier it was uhle's #00 in a Comoy's Golden Saddlebit Billiard, now I'm enjoyin' Peterson's University Flake in a GBD New Standard Billiard 135 with ice tea. Large chunks of icebergs in the large travel mug. This flake was purchased in Feb '12 and has smoothed out nicely! A little age has made a really nice difference.

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Good old dependable Stanwell Melange in a Meerschaum ...

I buy this in bulk bags and transfer my monthly portion to an old Melange tin. Having reached the bottom of the tin, the tobacco is nice and dry. So I just drizzled it into the meerschaum, touched a flame to it, and let it smolder. Reminds me of smoking a cob ... no effort, and perfect results. All pipe smoking should be this easy.

17. Thuber88

Still installing crud, another bowl of French Quarter in the POY is gone, might get to eat sometime before sunrise..

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Moments away from lighting up a bowl of Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Going to listen to some Aunt Mary radio shows from 1943. For a soap opera, it's actually not badly written, especially compared to some I've heard.

19. Ridwaan Gallow

Ridwaan Gallow Member

Last night i had a ball of a time.. the wife decided to try smoking my pipe.. so i loaded it up for her and she went puffing.. well, what'd'ya know.. she enjoyed it so much.. now she wants me to get her some of her own.
    :appl:

20. Thuber88

SWR in a Grabow Regal 65 Zulu, winding down to finishing, well down to installing under tv again, beans on the stove for some fine burrito's :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.