1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Double like! :th1:

2. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

H&H Black House in a no name Czech Bent Rhodesian. Just about finished restoring several pipes for a local customer. Need to hit the hay as I will have some eBay restored pipes to pack and ship in the morning.

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  3. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Something about that Zulu shape I really like. Will have to try my hand at that soon.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Peretti MidNight in the Pony Foot meer. Every bit as good the second time around. Wonderful leathery Latakia taste with the Perique creeping up as the bowl burns a bit. Thanks again, YAPPG!

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 11 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Been sitting here watching Adam Sandler's " Little Nicky". It cracked me up. Smoked various tobacco but can't remember which. Past time for bed, but have a few more min of this. Night all,

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking AJ's VaPer in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. Ice water is still properly cooled as I work and listen to old radio shows from my collection. Up next is Earl Graser as the Lone Ranger from 1939, and after that, Fibber McGee and Molly from the same year.

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yawn! First bowl of the day is my last bit of Trout Stream in the meer apple. Got some lemon seltzar going as it's still early for coffee.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Ended up sleeping all day, arising at the crack of mid night, still can't sit here long but things are improving. Should be my normal grumpy self in a day or two, I hope.
    Having CH in the cob, with the coffee I made this morning but couldn't drink. I'm just preparing myself for the Pirate Kake that arrived today. Been looking forward to this for a long time. Much to my surprise, the wifely one is quite fond of the smell of the pirate kake in the bag. She has to sniff everything that comes in and pronounce her opinion. She likes ones with Latakia but so far her favourite smelling tobacco is Carter Hall and SWR with Pirate Kake following close behind. Once it is lit she prefers the lat blends, very much to my surprise. She's traveled a lot and it reminds her of markets in Sri Lanka. Another lady we know compares it to markets in India, specifically Bomb Bay. Both she and my wife find it romantically manly. I can not understand why my friend will not start the pipe and give up the stinking cigs. His girl friend is encouraging him to do just that. He doesn't know how lucky he is.

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I've done a search of websites over here that sell it and there only appears to be a couple. Only one describes the taste as maple, not sure if I'd agree with that though there is a little sweet floral something there. I do wonder if there's a reason it's so sparse, it's incredibly mild in flavour.

Tried it, it's okay but the floral flavours are a little too strong for my liking, though I have been tempted to splice it with some blending virginia to see if that helps.

psquared, Morse, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  10. BernardLerring

Oh, and morning folks. Back on the Dunhill Standard Mixture in my straight Falcon with a very stiff coffee to try and wipe away the sleep that still hangs heavily on one's eyelids.

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 9 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My final smoke before bed is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant blowfish. Work is done for the day, and it's time to clean a few pipes, read a few box scores, and refresh the glass of ice water. Ah, here comes the Saint Bernard with a properly prepared drink. I can always count on that boy to help out when needed!

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Some cigarillo thingy.
    This 3am :poop: is
    Killing me. Looks like
    I need to look for
    something else job-wise.
    :(

psquared, Morse, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

More strong coffee in an attempt to wake up with some Special Latakia Flake in my bent Falcon.

psquared, Morse, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  14. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

DGTing some Telegraph Hill in the Suffolk straight pot. coffee black. Back to work, after nine days off. Good morning everyone!

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

bowl No.2 FMOT in the Yves St. Claude Fantaisie. Still drinking coffee. Time to go.

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Into PRM #2 of Khave, strong and black, finished off some H&C/965 mix in the MM Diplomat with the blue and white Forever Stem, followed by some P&W N0. 010 in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, good morning PSFer's, it's hazy, hot and humid where the sun first rises in the USA. Going to make brick fired Cornish Hens today in the Kamado Joe will plan out the rest this morning.

17. BernardLerring

Sneaking in some Plum Cake before I tread off to work, will be my last smoke for over 24 hours. Makes me wish I was still fighting otters for a living.

psquared, Morse, Lucky Duck and 9 others like this.
  18. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Finishing up breakfast and about to head outside with a MM Legend filled with Mellow Virginia

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 9 others like this.
  19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

20. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Up for the day, got a bowl of Sherlock Holmes going in the Pete 305. Drinking black coffee and contemplating what's gotta get done today.

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.