What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

What a day what a day...​
    A little earlier today I went to the customs office to pick up my second chance PSF POY 2013. I had to pay some extra fees, it's not worth mentioning....(oops - too late) but it's more than compensated by a nice blast! I think I got really lucky with this second chance POY! Thanks Bill, thanks Doug, thanks PSF!​
    [​IMG]
    more pics will follow in the Second Chance POY thread.:thu2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    But when I got home the BIG BANG OF HATE happened. A package - all the way from Bermuda :confused: - had finally reached it's destination.​
    [​IMG]
    So, that's were he's hiding...the HATER of HATERS, The Grand High Malevolence (©dBear) the enabling machine, Godfather of HATE​
    FishnBanjo
    Sitting on an island of Bermuda - spreading his tremendous amount of HATE all over the world!
    I don't know what I've done to be hated that much and I don't know at all what to say.
    But I'm not amused - that's for sure.
    Not sure if I can, but I ill try to keep up - now that I know his North Atlantic hiding-place.
    He has enraged me wonderfully:csmile: by sending me a
    CALABASH?!?!?!?!:confused: [​IMG]
    It's a wonderful pipe, a 30 years old Gourd Calabash and I will restore it the best I can and will cherish it forever.
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. Then there was a sausage in the box - must be Salami. A huge piece of it. And also a huge sample, well it's not really a sample - it's the content of an entire tin of Anni Kake!
    I'm in heaven hell - thanks to Sante!
    I'm starting to break in my PSF POY 2013 with some Dan's Ascanian#2 because this is my breaking in tobacco, while starting to restore the pipe of hate.

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Pausing my one pipe/one tobacco binge to finish a bowl of FVF I started last night in my POY. It still isnt burning that well...but its better than it was last night...

3. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Howdy.
    P&W #10 in a Dunhill.

Carry on.

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

LOL, laundry day for Mr. Spill? Had a really nice first go at G&H Sweet Coconut Twist in the Altinok Meerschaum Classic Series Ball (which is beginning to color) with a PRM of Finca Las Florestales Maximino Guitierrez Colombian Coffee, lovely combo!

[​IMG]

5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I wanna be on FnB's
    hate list!! ;)

Took off early from
    work today as I
    Did have a sinus
    headache. That's gone,
    so I'm puffing it up
    on the back porch
    with some GE in an
    Apple bowl.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got a tasty, peaty bowl of Classic Burley Kake going in my Rekamepip maple tank. Drinking the first batch of coffee.

My admiration goes out to F&B, the Grand High Malevolence, for the great job he did on PipeSimmo! :csmile::csmile::csmile::appl:

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just got a fresh 5lb sack of Brazilian Cerrado Coffee Beans which I had roasted to medium full so I did a test batch in my Rancillio Rocky Grinder for espresso and ran a double. It was tasty but not up to double standards but will make a dandy single, so I switched the grinder to grind for my Keurig pods and went out with a cup with the MM Mizzou, with the plum Forever Stem, filled with H&C/965 Mix and it's a match, you get the full flavor of the tobacco, a swig of coffee leaves the palate clean and just a hint of the coffee taste lingers, take a puff and full flavor of the tobacco, it doesn't get any better than that. I love the way the tobacco's have melded after 48 hours. :bow:

8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

For lunch today, I had a bowl of MB Golden extra in my Altinok LVC meer. Now im trying to think what it will be tonight.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now that I'm more or less awake, I'm kicking it up a notch by moving from Classic Burley Kake to Pirate Kake (thanks, YappyG!) in the Tom Howard pot dog. Got the last half of the coffee on the side.

10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having some Reverie in Pirate Jim.:D
    Thanks go again to FishnBanjo for Everyone of those unlucky Bumtards that receive his evil,dastardly, malicious Hate Mail :nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor::nwor:

At least he has nice weather in Bermuda?:confused:

11. BRotherBriar

BRotherBriar Member

Frog Morton Cellar in a Peterson Donegal Rocky Billiard.

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Oh pipe down! Oh look, Simon is smoking his bash! [​IMG]

13. Thuber88

His smoking that Bash looks like a cross between sucking on a Slurpee and chewin Bakky, er cud...

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Oh and Bermuda must be PipeSimmo's Indiana where all the stuff coming to me from overseas ends up going! :confused:

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

I thought Simmo had more hair. :cfsd:

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Started the morning with a Rekamepip Black Stone Cob and
    Gawith and Hoggarth’s Black Cherry and Cherry and Vanilla mix,
    then watered the “Finished” Plantation (No more potting on, only watering)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post #232 :- http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/a-uk-2013-growing-log.25334/page-12

Rekamepip generously added a Cherry ? “Cob” bowl in with a Stone pipe and I added a Bamboo stem from the front garden, this morning I had the idea of adding another smaller Bamboo stem to make it easier to clench
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the inner stem is held in place by the “old blowpipe hunters trick”
    [​IMG]
    and works a treat making a fine light-weight clenching “yard pipe” cheers Rekamepip.
    decided to have a play and brew a drip coffee out in the yard, using a Borde “bomb” petrol stove
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I run it on lighter fuel (no soot, unlike car petrol)
    [​IMG]
    and start it by heating the coils with a cooks blow torch, then regulate the flame with the star wheel burner
    [​IMG]
    kettle on the windshield/pot holder
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lavazza in the drip maker, top screen fits via a cut out,on two lugs and compresses the coffee slightly but if you just wet it then wait 30 seconds before filling with the rest of the water the coffee swells and acts as it’s own filter, as the brew drips through
    [​IMG]
    Time for another Rekamepip Cherry “Cob” as it drips through
    [​IMG]
    the lid then acts as a drip saucer. With a spoon of Barbados cane sugar, it’s a hard life working on the Plantation !
    [​IMG]

17. Thuber88

Im guessing the weather is nicer in Bermuda than Indiana this time of year..

18. Thuber88

Repeating the last bowl stated in the last pipe stated. Arrrrr;)

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mmm, half a bowl of Kendal Plug in the MM Diplomat with the blue and white Forever Stem, diet Gingerale at room temp.

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Park Square in a cob. Tons of Iced lemonade to drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.