What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

:xd:Well, the Rockin' Black Rock Cob with black bamboo shank filled with MC2020 Matured Cake almost went air born thanks to dBear but I managed to hang on!

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

After having a couple of Conies smothered with chili and cheese topped with chopped tomatos and cheese, I'm ready to spark up some Peretti's 9507 blend. It's just va and dubeck turkish. It's dark and woody and smooth. Also have a toot of some Dholkia Taj, thanks to T.Harris. Mild snuff and don't notice any nic, but nice scent. I had been looking for some samples of scented snuff to try and see if it would have any affect on me, heart, ect. It's been over 20 years since I did any and I think with moderation it will be ok. Was looking for some of the german menthol or GH brands. As tight as I am, I'd hate to spend a bunch on an order and end up not liking it. Ice cold lemonade is the drink of choice in this heat.

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've set a blaze to a bowl of FMOT in my DGE Briar Nosewarmer. Drinking bottled water. Dinner is finished. Congratulations FNB on the milestone of hatred! I always say, "hate early and hate often"!

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Just finished a bowl of SWR in POY while drying some Squadron Leader (going in MM Great Dane Spool)

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Just wrapping up a bowl of Bayou Morning in a Radice.

Afternoon, fellows.

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Think I might go for a week of plugs and ropes.
    Starting the week with some Peterson's 3P in a Orlik Captain bulldog.
    :sh:

7. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Better be careful sparking anything after a meal like that YAPPG.:D

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Truth be told, I'm faking the ristretto. But the fake-out is being steadily refined under the expert tutelage of several barristas here in Tucson who work with $20K equipment and seem to know what they're doing.

And to add to the humility, my equipment is manual: an aeropress. Yet with all the variables carefully controlled, I'm getting a respectable crema with almost no acid tailing. The real test for me is how my body handles it. And so far so good: I can down it before bedtime with no ill effects, and it settles my digestion rather than disrupting it. For me this ristretto style turns espresso into a health giving elixir.

On a different front I need to find a cob mentor. Just ordered a boatload from Mars. Not knowing which ones to get I sprang for a mix of Legends, Prides, Washingtons, Dane Spools, and CGs. Having read the Corncob Primer I'm already feeling pretty savvy about cobs. We'll see how long that lasts. I just want to find a lightweight pipe that I don't have to think about, that I can reload repeatedly when I'm busy working.

Laurel Heights in a Cavicchi ...

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Back from ride around country block
    lucky that i brought extra tobacco because the pouch that i had in car was not worthy and turned molded
    but i did get to enjoy an aged bowl of SWR in my little bear walnut pipe for the return trip home...

Followed by a great telephone conversation with MrInks - who is one heluva guy

now off to cook dinner (pub burgers and fries with beans on the side )

bbl

:toast:

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Lol, I thought about that, but in the morning will take it easy when I spark.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You have made a darn good start with that. It's a no-brainer. Stuff and smoke. You will find your way within 5 secs.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I exercised once. Nasty habit, that!!

The Saint Bernard was delivering a new shipment of pipe tobacco to Mr. Wooly, so being the benign boss, I decided to get my own drink. However, my trusty pal did make sure the drinking glasses were chilled to the proper temperature before he went to warehouse #2.

13. JimInks

Now smoking Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. A bottle of Cheerwine properly chilled is my drink. Dinner will be ready soon, and I'll be ready for it! Lots of work to do tonight!

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some Kansas City in my Black Rock pipe, thanks to Recomempip. I can almost taste the images from the past as Native Americans, critters and the occasional Wooly Manmoth roamed over the area....Yuck! What was that that went Plop, Plop over my image of the past? An ice cold almost frozen lemonade will clear that image up.

15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Bev gave me a sage piece of advice in my formative years: whenever you're seized with the uncontrollable urge to exercise, just lie down for 15 minutes until it goes away.

Besides, think of all those 2-ounce curls you're doing in the span of any one day. And if you're a clencher, doesn't that qualify as isometric exercise? You're a bloody Olympic athlete, JimInks!

Exercising my triceps by reaching for a tin of Davidoff Danish and a Peterson Lestrade ... whew!

16. krusty

krusty Active Member

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Best Brown #2 in my copper mount Savinelli "Dry System" 2614.

17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I knew it!

Still FMOT.

18. JimInks

Thanks, man. You take no back seats in that regard, you know!!! :toast: :th1:

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

My body is home, but my head is still sitting on the dock. That was the longest pure vacation I've had in a while. I had a two hour Squatch full of Ogden's Walnut that Mr. Squared gave me, and a Semois cigar that Mr Waugh gave me on the ride home.

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Too true, Jim.

Still FMOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.