What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordy

fordy Member

If you smoke it in the same bowl, it would be!!! LOL

I reckon it is a similar type smoke but without the floral of condor. To me it has a honey/toffee sort of overtone. If I had to, I could smoke it all day that is for sure. Now Clan, that is a different story!!!!

Morse, Thuber88, Old Codger and 11 others like this.
  2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

That's where I've gone wrong lol.

I agree on the floral flavour. Got the toffee but not the honey, guess I'll have to dash out and get another packet to double check. Certainly not a bad tobacco to be stuck with.

Not a fan of Clan I take it?

Thuber88, MDaws79, Lucky Duck and 6 others like this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

From what I understand, Clan is the UK equivalent of M79...combination of flavor-wise...

Morse, Thuber88, MDaws79 and 6 others like this.
  4. fordy

fordy Member

Go for a haircut, put sweepings in a pouch = Clan.
    :haha:

Thuber88, Old Codger, MDaws79 and 7 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Rekamepip, I'm smoking, for the first time, Granger in a 2002 medium bend rusticated Stanwell Golden Danish 139. Nice nutty no-nonsense burley taste so far. I hear so many different opinions on this blend that I'm curious to see what I think after a few bowls of it.

Morse, Artistik, rondel65 and 15 others like this.
  6. BernardLerring

Lol, half expected a response like that. Didn't really mind the stuff myself, just wasn't so bothered the first time round that I ever ordered any more. Quite interesting the comparison with M79, that seems to be cropping up a fair amount.

Thuber88, MDaws79, surlysoul and 4 others like this.
  7. BernardLerring

8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Started the day on the roof with CH in a small cob, with the necessary coffee. Am just starting work and will be puffing CH for a few hours now.

9. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I've got 2 or 3 unlogged cob-fulls of H&H Classic Burley cake~ Been a straight up burley hound & I'm loving it~~~

Morse, rondel65, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Lot's of coffee, reading, nodding off, repeat. Got to where it was lunch time so I made lobster wraps with rye wraps, fresh lettuce from the garden and left over lobster meat with some Himalayan Sea Salt, Freshly Cracked Pepper, Mayonnaise and Oregano. Cut up the fingerling potatoes for a potato salad and ice tea to drink. Just had a nice pipe of Rincon tobacco (I'll be damned if I remember who sent this but thank you it's tasty!) in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem whilst watching two painters trying to roll 45' of plastic skirting they had at the bottom of the house across the street, while they cleaned, prepped and painted the house, trying to stuff it into a black garbage bag. All I could think of was two monkeys and a football. :xd:

11. fordy

fordy Member

Nice!

I have one or two of those things.
    [​IMG]

Another bowl of St Bruno RR in the one back/left. Black falcon / Plymouth rustic.
    Sod all on the TV and too hot to do anything, apart from sit by the open window & tooting on my pipe.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 10 others like this.
  12. fordy

fordy Member

I'm just filling in with the witty repartee for OT until he gest back from his hols.

rondel65, dBear, Old Codger and 5 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

Modesty, I like it :) I consider myself thoroughly out-falconed. Still pleasurably in awe of that collection.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 6 others like this.
  14. BernardLerring

And a grand job you're doing too. Should be back soon shouldn't he? I seem to remember him posting from the airport.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 6 others like this.
  15. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Shelby Foote Pipe Mixture in my Viking...

Morse, rondel65, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  16. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

That was quick. I have some Anni Kake in a straight MM Washington now. I have to go into work early, so this serves as my Pre-Work Smoke...

Morse, rondel65, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  17. User4408

User4408 Active Member

SG BBF in a DH Diplomat ...

BBF = Buckets of Beautiful Flavor ... this stuff is unbelievably delicious for such a plain looking tobacco.

OK, the flakes were sopping wet when I opened the tin. Not being an overly patient guy, I used Tamper Peterson's trick to tame these flame-retardant slices. I peeled a single flake lengthwise into a half-dozen or so long strips, and then let 'em dry over the lamp for about 5 minutes. Then it was fold-and-stuff with crumbs on the top (aka F. Scott).

And I must say, it smokes perfectly. Perhaps some smokers enjoy the drying ritual, taking 2, 4, 8, 16, or 24 hours to prepare these flakes for smoking. But I think that's just insane when you can get the same result in 10 minutes, starting from sopping wet.

The burn is slow and steady, the smoke is rich and thick, and I'm seriously considering a quantity purchase. Maybe this is heresy, but BBF seems to be more flavorful though less stout than FVF.

18. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

SG Kendal Plug
    in the clay whilst
    T-storms loom
    overhead.

19. BernardLerring

Back on the bovril with the Four Squares Flake and a massive cup of tea. Starting to get some proper flavour with this now, it's almost like a mild Glengarry Flake.

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Finishing off the RMN of PS LTF that I loaded earlier, while waiting for a customer to show up. Home from work now. Stopped by the post office to send the hate mail that I packed up the other day.:csmile:Have a great afternoon everyone!

Snake, I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with the job hunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.