1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm adding this to my favorite quotes list. :puffy:

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I see what you did there!

I've moved on to FMOT in my meer-lined Grabow billiard. Iced tea to drink. Puff on PSFers!

3. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

McC Black Sea Sokhoum in the Bekler meer.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Well, being the first (waking up) pipe of the day, I wasn't really paying attention, but I think I filled it about 2/3 full and it went on for about an hour and a half. I don't think I ever have really filled the pipe up - I just pull enough tobacco from the jar to make what looks like a big smoke and then throw it in the pipe, and I have yet to overestimate its capacity. Hey, did you know this maplewood starts taking on a beautiful nut brown color after awhile? I'll have to see if I can take some color-true photos of this thing and post them.

5. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Frog Morton Cellar in a Peterson rusticated bulldog and some Root Beer on the side.

6. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Went to Philadelphias Moreleys pipe club this eve. Pops came to this one and we met up with Briarhoff and his buddy Benjamin. Tried some Tinder Box Rum Runner in the Peterson Donegal Rocky XL 02. Thanks 'Hoff It was good stuff.

7. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I'm preparing to do the same, awaiting the arriving of my cobs. I've got CH, SWR, Apple, Granger, GE, BLB, Stokkebye Cube Cut, and Peretti BPC lined up.

What I don't have is the new STG Half & Half. It's like hen's teeth here in Tucson. One place has it only in tins, and with the recent tobacco tax hike in Arizona you better be packing Krugerrands to buy it. I'm really hoping it tastes like the Half & Half they've been selling Europe since the 90's. That stuff was GOOD! A bit darker and chunkier, with a deep flavor and good dose of Vitamin N. The rumor was they had to modify it for the EU due to the coumarin in the American version.

MB Mixture in a Sav 122 ...

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A great and a great big dinner... wow! Lucky me! So, now it's on to Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Ice tea with nice li'l floaty icebergs swimming in perfect harmony... well, they were until I finished the glass. But I'm going to refill the glass and bring them back up to the top at any moment now.

PipeSimmo, Morse, jhguthlac and 17 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Only JimInks could have icebergs that do synchronized swimming!

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about those.

Finished the MacB Golden Extra, going for a Double Whopper and then it'll be on to Oriental #40

PipeSimmo, Morse, SidStavros and 16 others like this.
  11. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Me too. That's some pretty deep thinking for good old boys like ourselves.

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Have been out of town for a few days, while I was away I brought 221b Arcadia and MB Navy Flake. Smoked several pipes of those. Tonight, relaxing with some Night Train mixed with CH.

13. furious

furious Junque collector

It was so hot tonight I almost skipped my evening pipe. Nightcap in a Barling L billiard.

14. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Finishing up my night with POY filled with Prairie Wind. Goodnight all!

15. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

If
    If not for the almost I wouldn't like this.

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just so there will be enough to go around
    donuts.jpg

little beer.jpg

help your self :toast:

17. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Young Master in the Manx Meer

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Back to work listening to old radio shows after I hear an hour adaptation of a Louis L'Amour book. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking AJ's VaPer in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin.

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, Morse and 16 others like this.
  19. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Evening night shifters,

It occoured to me just now that my lifetime is like a stolen car. The ride will end sooner than I want it to, no matter what, and it probably won't be pretty when it does.

The only way to do this thing is to put it to the floor and see what it can do.

I rest assured that this means something different to every person reading this. I just have to figure out what it means to me. I'll ponder this some more as I sip on my freshly cleaned Wally Frank bulldog looking Pokerish briar filled with a Jack Stack.

Life is easy tonight, glad to be sharing my ride with you guys, and Ruffingolds's Wife. I have missed this place.

20. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.