1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

CH in a no name billiard, coffee. Morning all..

2. fordy

fordy Member

5/32 x 0.14 brass tube via ebay or a model shop. They do aluminium as well but I imagine that would be a bit fragile.
    The base end is simply a falcon international. I had some C/W stems I bought from Italy that were sh...., so cut off the end and drilled the hole to fit the tube. The stem at t'other end is simply an ex-estate one that had no matching bowl. Falcon stems work just as well as they are exactly the correct size...almost. Bit of araldite to hold the tube in the stem (be careful to not get any in the airway).
    Bit of fun.

3. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Ashton Winding Road.

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Got to work early today so I'm sitting up on the hill prior to start time with a MM Legend cob and some Mellow Virginia (kept in a kit here for days I arrive with time to smoke). A great way to start the day.

5. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Kentucky Club Continental in my new Rekampip Maple Poker, with a good cup of black coffee. Gonna be a good Friday.

[​IMG]

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Brasswarden....
    I'll join ya with my 45 cal cob brasswarden

Thanks for reminding me - my poor pipe was hiding in a drawer feeling lonely

Currently Smoking E-1 extra in mine:beyes:

104_3305.JPG

7. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

No hot tea for me this morning. A can of Coke was by my side for the morning reading and smoking. First pipe, CH in a mm Diplomat. I swear the pipe had not dried out from yesterday morning. Then tried Bull Run in a meers. Couldn't get it to smoke well at all. I guess when its 80-degrees at 4am, things like this happen. What would it be like if I didn't have ac on ?

8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Thank you Fordy, much appreciated. Time to see if I can get working on my own modded pipe.

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

For a minute i thought i sent you my coffee cup too - i had to go check.....we're good......

At least your pipe will feel right at home :th1:

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

PS LTF in my MM Spoolcob.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning All. Tried some PA in a cob to start. Pg tips tea. May get some relief from this muggyness tonight and this weekend. YAY! Grizzly wintergreen will have to make up for not having the pipe going as much today.:( It will get better! Berg, i'll
    second that "Where the hell is Britt?" Hope he didn't go out and get lost in the woods up there.

12. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

EGR pipe blend in a Peterson bulldog and going to need lots of coffee to get going.

13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Cracking open a Falconful Special Latakia Flake while contemplating doing some writing for the first time in forever.

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Humidity now 98% temps climbing steadily and it's already high tide with no breeze. :mad: Oh well, walkabout went well, Levi threw in the towel after 2 roundabouts and I was good with it so back into the Crosstour and AC at 66F then a quick stop at the hardware store to pick up some upgraded washers to stop the drip on the cold side of the kitchen faucet, success! Breakfast was 3 more PRM's of Khave and Brazilian Cerrado and fresh blueberries with Greek Yogurt and half a banana, smoked 2 cobs of H&C/965 mix on walkabout and another after breakfast. Will hold out know and go back to the book Black Irish as City of Veils will be ready for pick up today so I may as well finish this one. Looking forward to some VA's and perhaps some Sweet Coconut Twist later, we shall see.

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Hyde Park in a Peterson 80s. 454 Horse Power coffee brewed with water filtered by Bow river brown trout. 14C(57F)H69%

16. Old Schoolr

Old Schoolr Member

Petes's Sherlock Holmes in a KW Yacht during the ride into work. Temps have eased up a little bit but still humid.
    Hope you folks have a good day.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

It's actually been a few days since I last recall smoking this....Kendal Dark, in the Luciano ball

18. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Another hot, humid day in Maine. Started the day with a bowl of Bubbagump's Black & Mild in the meer apple, followed by Walnut in the POY. Coffee's gone and am working on some of my last remaining Butternut Burley in the Pete 305 System. I suppose we'll have to have breakfast so I can head into the office (without much enthusiasm, I must say).

19. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Getting going with some CH in a Derringer with Maxwell House. About got this stomach virus kicked and going to try going into work tonight. Wife will be glad to get me out of the house for awhile! Besides, I'm running low on Carter Hall.

20. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Still successfully putting off going in to the office. Have fired up a flake of ODF in the Big Ben.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.