What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Another bowl of SG Chocolate. This time in the Altinok Bent Apple Spigot (which isn't nearly this white anymore!)

[​IMG]

Morse, dwaugh, jhguthlac and 13 others like this.
  2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Coffee Mixture (thanks, YappG) in the BC Maitre Pipier with cool water to drink. Roger Rabbit was great, now it might be time for A Very Goofy Movie.

Morse, psquared, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

One more for the evening. The last of the SG Chocolate Flake in the '69 Dunhill Shell.

[​IMG]

Morse, dwaugh, psquared and 13 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Part way through this bowl of Onyx in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. Still working, still listening to MLB talk on the XM.

Morse, psquared, MDaws79 and 12 others like this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Trout Stream in the GBD Tanzania meer.

[​IMG]

Morse, psquared, MDaws79 and 15 others like this.
  6. JimInks

About five minutes away from smoking Granger (thanks to Rekamepip) in a 2002 medium bend rusticated Stanwell Golden Danish 139.

Morse, psquared, MDaws79 and 12 others like this.
  7. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

That last bowl of Princes Street was remarkable, it just ate up time and let me read for quite a while.
    Weybridge in a Peterson Dracula 03. That same darjeeling teabag has had crushed ice dumped on it at least three times tonight and it just keeps giving that nice little bit of flavour.15C(59F)(288K)H79%. Did I mention that that bowl of Princes Street was very nice.
    'night all.

Morse, psquared, MDaws79 and 13 others like this.
  8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Davidoff Flake Medallions(thanks to FishnBanjo) in Pirate Jim, with dingy, well water that has been frozen and cast into rectangular objects, floating randomly in a circular pattern, and reducing the temperature along side of, and in reaction with the tea in the BGM

Morse, Old Codger, psquared and 13 others like this.
  9. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Friday nights are definitely a pipe smoking night for me. I love the company of everyone around me smoking something (legal of course). Tonight:
    1 bowl of Morse's Special Blend
    2 bowls of CB Dark...finished the pouch!

Morse, Old Codger, jhguthlac and 13 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

:th1:

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking a bowl of Schurch Onyx (thanks, F&B!) in the Wally Frank upside down billiard

[​IMG]

Morse, Old Codger, psquared and 12 others like this.
  12. Clavius85

Clavius85 Member

Being new to pipes I was at the grocery today and figured I'd pick up whatever cheap OTC they had. They had a few and I bought some Carter Hall. Full disclosure: I expected this stuff to be terrible because it's so cheap. But, quite simply, it is not terrible. I just finished smoking a bowl in my MM Diplomat cob. Carter Hall will be one I keep on hand for sure.

Smokey, highstump, Morse and 17 others like this.
  13. JimInks

Final smoke before bed is Virginia Spice in a 2013 straight 5th Avenue DGE Nose warmer cob. Still drinking ice water, though I had to get my own ice bergs because the Saint Bernard got busy :)dkn:) doing inventory of the whiskey cabinet, and is showing Suzy and Molly how to do cartwheels without spilling a drop.

Morse, Old Codger, psquared and 12 others like this.
  14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Enjoying a bowl of Plumcake in a Bjarne Viking Classic ...

The airflow through the stem was noticeably constricted, so I opened it up using some tips posted recently in another PSF thread. Minor surgery, but the results are major. Vast improvement in the smoking quality. That's good, because I dearly love this $44 straight-grain pipe ...

[​IMG]

highstump, Morse, dwaugh and 17 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Glad you are well after the accident Highstump, sorry about your 89, tough losing an old soldier. First pipe was H&C/965 in the MM Diplomat with blue and white stem that I finished off after having snuck in one last smoke prior to retiring it was not up to par so I dumped it, finished off the first mug of Khave, strong and black, in the PRM then stuffed Rincon in the MM Mizzou with the plum stem and half way through it was not up to par either. I don't know what's going on but the coffee tastes damn good this morning, might have something to do with it being 83F at 0440! :confused: Good morning PSFer's, going to find something to smoke that feels right yet! On to PRM # 3...... :ccup:

highstump, Morse, Old Codger and 14 others like this.
  16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Good Morning Mr Coffee!
    75 here sofar, still waiting on temperature dropping rain, maybe soon, so you should have some cooler weather coming along in another day:)

Smokey, Morse, JimInks and 8 others like this.
  17. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

4Noggins Otter Creek with morning coffee in a Pete 312. Bald Headed Teacher for brunch in one of my "barn pipes" which need some love every now and then too. Thinking McClelland #2010 Virginia after lunch unless it rains and I'm back in the house. If so then I think probably something Mac Baren, either Plumcake or Halberg green label which I've taken somewhat of a fancy to lately in a Pete 999.

Morse, Old Codger, psquared and 11 others like this.
  18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good morning folks. I should be bright eyed and bushy tailed as I've had the best sleep of this week, yet I'm still tired, how does that work? Still have got the stiff coffee out and added a dash of Pure Latakia to my usual dose of Dunhill Standard Mixture, seems to be working thus far.

Morse, Old Codger, JimInks and 12 others like this.
  19. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Very nice pipe jdto! :)

Morse, surlysoul, dBear and 2 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Problem solved, I OD'd on Wessex yesterday and the body was not happy so I loaded the Dunhill Shell group 1 from 1917 with the real Ivory Spot with Wessex Brown Virginia Flake and all is right in the world of pipe smoking, now inhaling coffee #4 a nice Brazilian Cerrado in the PRM, coffee #5 soon to follow......

Morse, Old Codger, JimInks and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.