What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I have to stay concealed during this " trip" , trust me on this one ... anyway , I only have a few minutes before I get tracked , the bass turds ... been smoking a lot of Velvet [ lane ] out of a MM Cob , which is fitting for this" job " . The weather sucks but the scope dosent fog , so I'm good to go . I'll be home in a week providing things go well .. I should have ripe Mortgage Lifter tomatos by then !

dBear, Morse, Old Codger and 11 others like this.
  2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Geez, thank God you're ok! That's the kind of hit that really hurts people!

dBear, highstump, mecompco and 11 others like this.
  3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Kendal Kentucky in the Shambull while I move crap around and try not to get ripped off at this bloody garage sale.

Anybody looking for tools and stuff in the Poughkeepsie, NY area, drop me a PM and I'll give you the addy.

dBear, Summit, Morse and 13 others like this.
  4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I love Brebbia No.9...for any time of the day, but I do find that I smoke it most in the morning...probably. However, I'm not right now. I am smoking something I found in a baggy on my shelf. There's no label and I have no idea what it is, even after smoking it. Not bad though, I think I'll jar it.

User4408, dBear, Morse and 13 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout went well and thankfully the old adage you can bring a horse to water but you can't make him drink does not include Weimaraner's, well at least not Levi! :)
    Brought several pipes and tobacco's and while looking at the pipes in reflection, great thing about pipes, they give you solace when you smoke them and reflect and they also allow great memories looking at them and while conversing about them, then there are those certain pipes you can actually have a conversation with, the Tsuge Tankard is such a pipe.

I was walking and reflecting with the Tsuge in hand and was suddenly in the movie Karate Kid II where Miyagi and Daniel are in Okinawa standing outside Miyagi's fathers' house by the gate. Miyagi was always ready with an old Okinawan saying to give food for thought to Danielsahn so here's what transpired (I'll allow you to imagine the voices of Miyagi and Daniel here). Me: "Where there's smoke, there's fire so what tobacco should I fire up?", Tsuge Tankard "Ah banjosahn, while that may be true there's also truth in where there's smoke, there's BBQ!" Me: "Hmm, he's right and Kamado Joe would agree with him" so I filled the Tsuge Tankard with BBQ Kansas City Blend thanks to Dust in the Wind. Home now enjoying PRM #7 I believe after grinding 5 blends to replenish stock for the next three days.

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good morning all,
    lots of coffee, McClellands Virginia Stave-Aged 35 Ribbon with a topping of 6y old Anni Kake - thanks to FishnBanjo:toast:
    - in a forever-stemmed BLACK ROCK COB - thanks to rekamepip :toast: !
    [​IMG]

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

After PRM #8 of Jamaican Blue Mountain I decided a little change of pace was called for so I brewed a lovely double Cuban espresso and enjoyed 1/2 a bowl of Mixture Modern in the Ruthenberg Mouse with Cumberland Stem whilst tricing up the Sunbrella and the tomato plants as the air is thickening with humidity and an odd wind stirring, the sky with streaks of pewter warns of drops of moisture to be brought upon us, in the mean time mutha has gone to the Farmer's Market in my stead. I guess City of Veils will be my next stop for awhile as I keep a weather watch!

[​IMG]

8. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

SWR in a Golden Duke/coffee.

Lucky Duck, Smokey, dBear and 14 others like this.
  9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Reiner's LGF in a BC bulldog with coffee on the side.

Lucky Duck, User4408, dBear and 15 others like this.
  10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I love the Stave Aged 35! I hope you put the stave back in the tin or jar!

Lucky Duck, dBear, Morse and 9 others like this.
  11. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

The Plumcake was good and there is still plenty of coffee, so I looked around to see if there was anything else to smoke here in the Florida Room. Yep, there laid an old cob with some tobacco still inside, left over from a previously unfinished smoke. So I cleaned it out and spotted some fresh Carter Hall and I am enjoying CH in a MM Diplomat with cracked sides still sipping gulping coffee. The rain has stopped for now and the sun is coming out. It will be hot and humid for awhile.

Lucky Duck, User4408, dBear and 13 others like this.
  12. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

SAturday's are made for CArter HAll & cobs.:cool:

No beer privileges before 12:00 unless you do yard work

Lucky Duck, Smokey, User4408 and 21 others like this.
  13. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Mid morning bowl of Captain Black Dark in the Peterson Donegal Rocky

Lucky Duck, Smokey, User4408 and 15 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Yes of course, all my tobaccos are properly stored in a good and workmanlike manner. [​IMG]

15. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Villiger 1888 early day in a stanwell bent acorn with coffee. Good morning all!

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, dBear and 10 others like this.
  16. Tsal

Tsal Sales Account

Mornin Pipaz. Orlik Golded Slices in a Moretti. Just settin here. I have a craving for White Castles but this early on in the day can be devastating. Still humid outside but, hopefully today's rain forecast will take it away.

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, dBear and 11 others like this.
  17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Whacked in some Special Latakia Flake with the merest dash of Pure Latakia added in between the layers into the bent Falcon. Just nicely turns the lat taste up half a notch while still maintaining a mild smoke. Very malty :byg:

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up much earlier than I wanted to be. Suzy and Molly were fed by m'lady, but were happy to see me just the same! While I'm up having to do a few things, I'm smoking, thanks to Fishnbanjo, MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I see others have already smoked the same tobacco this morning. Oh well, nobody ever accused me of being trendsetter!

19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Yep, looking at a Country Gentleman with Amber FS and it will be loaded with CH very soon. Too wet for yard work, but noon is just a little over an hour away :toast:
    I will have another Plumcake for after lunch dessert :th1:

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, dBear and 10 others like this.
  20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Housework to do, so no smoke for a while. But when I do it will be some Hermit Tobacco Antique Pressed Syrian Cake from 2003, in the Hardcastle. :toast: Berg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.