1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Moving on to a little bowl of

Robert McConnell
    the original Oriental
    pipe tobacco

:th1:

2. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

How is this tobacco? i been wanted to try it, but for one reazon or other i never done it, i like Mc Lelland Smyrna, its something like that?

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some Peretti's 9507 blend in a Falcon. It's just cured VA and Dubeck Turkish but it's pretty good. Mild with a rich taste and a touch of herbal note. I think i'm going to add some straight Lat to it, next pipe. Lemonade to drink. Cooled down to 72, rains came thru and its lots better. Opened a window again. Will be a better night for sleeping than it has all last week.

4. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

having some scottish moor in a dr grabow regal. a house blend from my local b&m. mostly virginia and burley . not half bad. as for my post ealy this morning, i was not texting an driving. didnt know if mr. tasalgi44 was talking to me. way to busy smoking to text. :)

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

The Robert McConnell is a good smoke but can compare to McClelland Smyrna as i have not tried that
    :toast:

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Just to spite dBear I'm having a very very delicious last bowl before bed in one of my favorite pipes.
    [​IMG]

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The rain went away and the heat and humidity stayed. I'm smoking Dunbar in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink.

8. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

While wandering outside with my pipe earlier (as I usually do when I smoke a pipe), came across this little guy stuck in a tub of water. Picked it up and let it dry off on my hand. Eventually it dried off enough and took off.

[​IMG]

9. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Connoisseur's Flake in an Iwan Ries Savinelli Canadian with a glass of ice water. The humidity finally broke here and I can actually enjoy my pipe!!!

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

GH Brown Irish Twist in da Rock Cob.:sh:
    Jello shots on the side.
    :dkn:

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

[​IMG]

:thu2:

12. krusty

krusty Active Member

Samuel Gawith Black XX in my Peterson "Rocky Donegal" 999

13. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

For Meers Only Reserve in the Manx Meer

14. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Capstan blue in a DGE stubby poker

15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Mixture in Cavicchi ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is the bulk version, stored lovingly in my wife's Italian bail-top jars.

My wife is of the view that these jars are best employed for the storage of dried pasta. I am of a different view. Rather than invite the debate, which based upon precedent she would very likely win, I elect to keep these jars well hidden.

As a technical aside, two of these 4-liter jars accommodate to perfection the contents any 5-lb bulk bag of tobacco. The Mixture has preserved its delightfully chunky, ideally humidified cut, and has darkened and mellowed to a noticeable degree.

Popping the lid on these jars releases the heady aroma of fine whiskey rather than the honeyed aroma one gets with the tinned version. So, if whiskey delights you more than honey, might I suggest that Mixture Bulk is the box you'll want to tick on your next order.

16. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Ming, I was just thinking about you. My wife and were sitting on the front porch and this Wiener dog goes running by.... Not a dog I've seen around the neighborhood, so I grab a leash and go after the dog. The little guy was on a mission. After 4 blocks, he turns into a house. I see a couple across the street. I think they were in their 70's. They were having a good time, as they were both eating ice cream cones. So I ask them about the dog. It's not theirs, but is "owned" by people who live across the street. Evidently this dog does this all the time, and is routinely brought back home. The owners where not home nbg. So I chatted with the couple for a few about how this was not a good thing, and walked home with my empty leash.

Oh, I'm about to smoke some Presbyterian Mixture in a BST. (No Presbyterians were harmed in the manufacture of this tobacco)

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Thanks to Brian Stephens for sending me some tobacco
    I think i will try it out in my new corn cob pipe !

100_2706.JPG

mashed potatoes on the side :xd:
    with a Dr Pepper

18. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I got done work super early tonight, so I came home, changed, and ran to Walmart for some oil...packed a Kaywoodie Prince, in a wire finish, with some Velvet. It was very "mayor-esque"...

19. Morse

Morse Active Member

[​IMG]

Ended yesterday with a view of that

Today we did some more hiking and now I'm ending with a view of this - my BST and one of my sisters world famous Mojitos.

[​IMG]

The BST is filled with Peterson's Special 2013 Reserve

20. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Balkan Supreme in the Falcon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.