What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I'm a nicotine wimp.

MDaws79, p120d16y, mecompco and 7 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The AC is always on in the summer. I like my house cool. I didn't notice a change in how Suzy and Molly eat until this particular run of heat and humidity. We got them as little kittens about this time last year, and they were very undernourished then, so anything edible was fair game at the time. Suzy in particular, was not in good shape when we got her, and we had to give her much more attention than we gave Molly at the beginning. But they're in fine shape now.

Starting off my day with Orlik Golden Slices (thanks Marker) in a 1982 near full bend egg shaped Ascorti Business KS with a black ferrule and saddle stem. Cherry Coke is my drink. I'm not venturing out today.

Pirates lead the Reds 1-0 in the 2nd, and the Braves and White Sox will start playing in about 20 minutes.

Happy 26 62 birthday, Jhguthlac!!!!!

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Happy 62 Summers JH!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's a fine combo, as I discovered last evening.

Lo and behold a pouch of totally dry SWR turned up in an old cupboard. Inside was a slip I'd printed with the date: 10.22.2007. Miraculously it wasn't powder, but instead a nice chunky cut. And it smoked great as is in a cob. No need to re-humidify.

I'm not sure who the blender of this was. The package says Made in U.S.A. Under Authority of Trade Mark Owner. It doesn't taste quite the same as SWR of old, but it was not bad at all. A bit lighter, but still nice and full-bodied.

Currently DGT'ing some Mixture in a Cavicchi ...

5. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

ERR Match in a Grand Duke...

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

White Sox lead the Braves 1-0 in the 2nd, Pirates lead the Reds 1-0 in the :dkn:, Mets are ahead of the Phillies 5-0 in the 6th, and the Dodgers are beating the Nats 7-1 in the 4th. Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking HU Edward G. in a 1982 smooth medium bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top. Almost done with this Cherry Coke and will decide on my next drink soon. Going back to work now. See you folks a little later!

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Starting the day with Classic Burley Kake in the big Rekamepip maple tank and cups of coffee.

Happy Birthday, jguthlac. The day after you were born, Rosemary Clooney's Come On-a My House (I'm gonna give you candy) reached Number One. Coincidence? I don't think so. :)

8. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Well, started the day with some Black and Mild in the meer apple. Took the Low Rider to the office, then went to our Central Maine Pipe get-together. In attendance were myself, MikeinMaine and JoeSmall. Smoked Penzance in the meer apple and 1990 3 Nuns in the Big Ben in the beautiful Maine air after eating a huge Big G's Deli sandwich. Brought home some McB Navy Flake (smoking now in the WDC Wellington) and for later, some Stonehaven and SG Firedance.

9. kb7get

kb7get Member

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

After dinner bowl: Blackpoint in Pete.
    [​IMG]

11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Big old bowl of LBF while executing weeds.

12. Thuber88

Finished up 2 bowls of who knows in 2 pipes, onto a 3rd don't remember from yesterday in the POY13, and Isatea

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Happy birthday JH! However, I cannot condone scotch abuse, unless self administered.

jpberg, Brian Stephen, Snake and 10 others like this.
  14. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Having a nice Country Gentleman filled with G. L. Pease Key Largo cigar blend & washing it down with a nice pickle martini w. 3 dill gerkin pickles~!!! Touch of country, touch of class....

15. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Back on the old Four Squires Flake with the obligatory massive bucket of tea. It's evening, it's overcast and it's still hot!

16. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Smoking some Boswell's Best in my Dr. G Royal Duke at the moment.

17. Thuber88

Having some TB Midnight Blend in a Dr. G Bent Viking with bowl #1, was going to be a fast note, but now there is a 22 lb anchor on my leg :doh:

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

P&W No. 010 in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem.

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Wimp, Levi weighs 70 lbs more!

20. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Back at the office--had a bowl of Walnut in the POY on the drive here. Can't smoke, so have a tin of Silver Dollar Original at the ready (and a few cans of Rolling Rock as well). I'm thinking there will be some CH burning in the POY later on when I head home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.