What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

As I sit here trying some Petersons Nutty Cut for the first time in my Custombuilt pipe, while sampling some 12 year old Glenlivet Scotch, I think....Jim, if you want to have a coronary, don't go back to playing ball, just start following the Phillies! At least you might be set back and relaxed with your favorite drink when you go!

2. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

The remainder of this mornings FVF flake in my peterson Killarney red billiard, followed by some peterson special reserve 2013 in my savinelli tortuga, a delight indeed. The latter smoke was part of my ongoing breaking in of this beautiful pipe. I'm taking extra care to gradually break this one in as its an absolute beauty.

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Very True, but Levi does not have 5 razor sharp fish hooks per foot and enthusiasm to use them
    That and I am a big softie for the lump of a cat, but he has gone to the couch now, so I am free!
    Back to putzing around s'more

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Marlins and Brewers are scoreless in the 11th, Rockies are ahead of the Cubs 2-0 in the 4th, and the Cards lead the Padres 3-2 in the 9th. I'm rehydrating with a can of 7-Up, and smoking Virginia Spice in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420. Going back to work and listen to some old radio shows from my own collection until the Yankees/Red Sox game starts.

Lots of rain and thunder boom booms today. I knew Stormy would take pity on us today!

5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

This may not help my cause, but Ming has Wiener dogs, so there was a connection :)

Finishing the Presbyterian Blend that I didn't finish last night in the BST.

6. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Happy Birthday! 62, that makes you almost as old as Berg.

7. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Sugar barrel in a MM CG.
    Tried to sit outside but To humid.

8. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Not pouring any scotch down the sink or down my throat today. Since its still baking outside, the Sunday morning Bloody Mary was it. Managed to smoke Blue Note, CH, Luxury Blend and Bull Run during the Phillies game. Drinking something new to me that the wife picked up: Clear Choice Ice black raspberry. She got several different water drinks flavored and vitamin enhanced. Not sure they are doing me any good. They are certainly not pulling me out of that depressing game! Lee gave up 3 homers, Harvey gave up just a couple of hits!

A night game is on later, don't know who is playing. But will watch, give the cobs a needed cleaning and see how well one or two of the briars smoke tonight. Oh, there may be a martini in my future!

Thanks to all for the well wishes!

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Cream Flake in the MM Great Dane egg

10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

You're just a baby.:) Good on you and many happy returns.

Starting my day with Ten Ruskies, in the Pete, with much coffee. Don't really want to wake up today.

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Pfft! Having had cats own me for over 30 years and with Spike, who tipped the scales at 26 lbs with 13 toes on each of his front paws, meh.

[​IMG]

12. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

FNB

You're a man after my own heart. I've had Max, Bandit, Smokey, Utley, Squeakie, Tom, Spezio, Tucker, Opus, Burrell, (My cats, not sure I've named them all), Buffy and Midnight (litter trained rabbits), and Iggy (Guinea pig). Dogs were Candy, Angel, Penny, Daisy, Ginger. Kischa. They were all great pets, and proud to say that all of the dogs and cats were adopted from local shelters.

13. northernsmoke

northernsmoke Member

CH in a cob... and in record time too. Stupid wind... :(

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

All but Linus and Tofu were adopted (actually Linus adopted me by being in my van one day and Tofu because my wife wouldn't let me give him to my dad to raise as a meat rabbit which is his breed. Levi too was a rescue. A bit of H&C/965 Mix in the Charlie Brown Cob.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Wonderful pet pics, FnB! I had my share of great dogs and cats in the past, too. You can never have too many of them!

Now, I'm smoking Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls in a smooth 2002 medium bend flame grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line silver spigot 10 Egea 03 Titania. The new version of NR is good, but I think it needs aging. The problem is that I keep comparing it to the old Murray's version, which was better. I'll see how a year or two aging affects the blend.

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Not for a cat! :xd:

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Pre-Dinner smoke
    Granger in dedicated granger smoking savinelli

18. highstump

highstump Active Member

It helps greatly sir! (BTW, that is a great explanation and I'd stick with it.) ;)

McClelland 5125 in a Kaywoodie Shellcraft. I like this tobacco but it tends to get old in a hurry so I don't smoke it very often.

19. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

GH&Co. Kendal Flake in a Peterson Rosslare Spigot

20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CH in the 2012 POY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.