1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

MacBaren Club Blend in a medium IMP meerschaum. One of those calming entrancing smokes before a conference call. Sun is out so some time to enjoy this smoke outside for a little while. 16C(61F)H92%

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  2. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good morning PSFers.
    Jedi is back to normal, so I guess this is some sort of 24 hour bug, which means I should be right as rain in about 7 hours. I am feeling much better after sleeping for 14 hours straight, but still a bit woozy.
    Smoking indoors today with the air filter on high.
    In honor of Mr. Banjo I am smoking Tastemaster in a straight rusticated billiard with no markings., he described it so nicely I decided to give it another go.
    I remember how much i used to hate this blend, its funny how tastes change over time, because now I just don't like it.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 15 others like this.
  3. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Molto Dolce in the Rusty Rhodes with Maxwell House.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 10 others like this.
  4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Please be advised that any training you may receive from David might be considered hazardous. See his youtube video's!

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

His only input in the process was the tobacco. I should be safe...

YAPPG, Old Codger, dBear and 7 others like this.
  6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Wow! that's a lot of BullPoop!

YAPPG, dBear, Thuber88 and 4 others like this.
  7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Abusing the clay again
    with some Firedance Flake.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 12 others like this.
  8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Oh, oh, oh, somebody hates me. I LOVE hate!!!

Morse, YAPPG, PipeSimmo and 8 others like this.
  9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Ogden's Walnut in the Sav 316 EX.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 13 others like this.
  10. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Still pouring. I suppose I'll have to brave it and put in an appearance at the office. After this pipe--some rather dried out McClellands 5100 in the WDC Wellington.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 12 others like this.
  11. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just came back from my lunch break. man its nice out 40 degrees Celcius that = to 104 In the states i think. I had a bowl of MB Golden extra in my Altinok lvc. Now I have my earl grey tea and snuff to keep me company for the rest of the afternoon :)

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 11 others like this.
  12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up again and half way through this bowl of Year 2002 Squadron Leader in a 1990 Peterson Irish Second Oom Paul natural. I figure this will keep me awake enough to have lunch. If not, that's what naps were invented for. Simply Lemonade is my drink.

13. Spam

Spam Member

Carter Hall in an Invicta Apple.

Lucky Duck, Smokey, Morse and 10 others like this.
  14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Bad storm last night and this morning wiped out train service to Delaware. So I'm home today. Not much smoking. However, have got in some Irish Oak, Luxury Blend and Honey & Chocolate.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 8 others like this.
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cripes it's like morning all over again, time to grab some java as we just had a nice lunch of what I would call a club sandwich and muthah would call a grinder but them boys up north would call them Italians. Grabbed a smoke of Habana Daydream in the MM Diplomat with the blue and white Forever Stem, going to decide what to follow it up with, let's see Brazilian, Jamaican, Cuban, Danish Blend hmm so much coffee so little time! :eek:

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 14 others like this.
  16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

been out sanding briar all morning - good day :th1:

late lunch then a bowl of Granger and root beer to chase it all down

Lucky Duck, Smokey, Morse and 12 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

It's amazing how much goes on in the course of a day that we often miss. I went down and brewed up a strong and black PRM of Khave to stand up against the H&C/965 Mix in the MM Mizzou with the plum Forever Stem. This got me to thinking about what MDaws79 said (by the way glad Jedi is fine and hope you follow shortly) about tastes changing, my thoughts on this is your tastes realistically don't change but you force that change by enticing your senses with other experiences. What I mean by that is I stated Tastemaster was kind of light on my palate and snork and would make a good morning smoke as I tend to smoke heavier tobacco later both in the taste and Vitamin N category. We also need to please our palates by coupling items that compliment each other, it would be sinful to have a nice light meal of broiled haddock with grilled asparagus and some fingerling potatoes then try to wash it down with Bulls Blood Red which is a fine wine with a ribeye steak but you lose the goodness of the meal which calls for a light dry white, Tastemaster would be a fantastic smoke to compliment the end of that meal sipping on a warm Green Tea.

I stole 15 minutes to smoke some outside overlooking the millpond where several folks are fly fishing for stripers in the rain with boomers to the west and north of us. The huge white tent that was put up on my neighbors lawn for his family reunion consisting of 75 in attendance will be Friday, they have been having a good week until today's weather showed up. While taking all of this in and contemplating what I just wrote I had a female hummingbird come within 5' of me to feed off the Bee Balm and Butterfly Bush Flowers, I love watching and photographing them. I also heard a slew of birds yacking and racing away only to see an Osprey come diving in and grabbing what appeared to be a schoolie striper from the millpond. The rain geared up and the fisherman began to break their equipment down calling it a day as the tide was realistically past the best fishing time and would be another hour or so when it would pick back up again as the tide swung to go back to the mother sea. That was a most enjoyable half bowl.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, Artistik, Smokey and 19 others like this.
  18. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing this mornings Kansas City Blend(thanks to Rekamepip) in the TB La Reserva USR #272 bent pot

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 9 others like this.
  19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Planning to start afternoon smoking with Walnut in a mm cob.

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Classic Burley Kake in the big Rekamepip maple tankard. Coffee. My B&M is still having trouble getting Hearth & Home blends out of Cigars Intl, :mad: so they're now out of both this blend and Virginia Spice. Luckily I've got 5 or 6 ounces left.

Lucky Duck, Morse, rondel65 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.