What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Sorry to hear that, brother. Everything alright?

2. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

finishing off the penzance from last night. Did not know mitch hedberg smoked a pipe:

[​IMG]

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Charring that inner stem is a good thing! Or at least that's my experience. It's also mentioned in the Corncob Primer.

My Legend is now about a week old and it's a FANTASTIC smoker. That charred stem in the bottom of the bowl combined with pipe ash to form a perfect heel cake. No effort required on my part. I love it when life works that way. And that woody taste soon vanished once the caking process was complete.

This Legend has been one of my best purchases of 2013. It's great to know that you can get a technically perfect smoke for only $3.95. Even though I don't plan on dumping my Dunhills anytime soon, the MM is one of best values in the pipe smoking world IMHO.

DGT'd Vauen Virginia Flake No. 14 in a Dunhill ...

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Only if I can get him away from the whiskey cabinet!!

5. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Grandfather's Own in my Sevket Gezer Churchwarden.

6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

A Rewster-fied cob full of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake............, oh my my..., this is some good weed. :snork:

7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I'm taking that pipe smoking, hat wearing mutt with me if I go:p:

8. JoeSmall

JoeSmall Member

Pirate cake in the Altinok thanks to mecompco.

9. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

MacB Virginia No. 1 in my Viking...the last of my sample. I overloaded the pipe a bit...I didnt want any tobacco to go to waste...

10. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Thuber? Are you okay? I've tried that awful stuff and the taste buds for sour on my tongue died for about two weeks. Not joking. Wish I could have warned you. So sorry.:oops:

edit: Oh, and vaping Dunhill Cig flavored e-cig.

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I'm wondering how long it will be before they release an e-pipe. You know somebody will.

12. ruffinogoldswife

They have them, but why? It seems a little pointless. Why give up a pipe?

psquared, Snake, FlatbushPaul and 8 others like this.
  13. Thuber88

I am fine, had two bowl of it, one in a cob, one in a Dr G Duke, the smell was not as overpowering by the time I got my sample, but it may ave dried out a little, but still moist. it burns fast, it burns very hot, it might be good to melt steel if I was a puffer, with my slower sipping, it was still darn hot in the bowls , and burnt fast, I had no tongue bite at all from it, but I already had about 2 hrs on the Log today, so I was prepared for the adventure.
    To me its a typical OTC, even though it isnt officialy one, its all aroma and very little flavor, a nuance of the cherry/Ludens comes through, otherwise its all hot air, something that is fairly common around here:p:

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm a few minutes away from lighting up my next smoke, which will be Edgeworth Slices (thank you, Highstump) in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule. Ice water with all the usual requirements is my drink.

Braves pitcher Tim Hudson had his foot stepped on during a play at first. It looks real bad, maybe a broken ankle and/or severed Achilles. I sure hope it's not as bad as I think it is.

15. ruffinogoldswife

I had it fresh out of the tin and it was terrible, it didn't bite, it just tasted like cherry flavored giant chewy sweettarts. It also deadened some of my tastebuds for at least two weeks. I tasted it for days and it ghosted the pipe terribly. Luckily it was a cob. I'm glad that you escaped unharmed. I like a lot of the Sutliff blends, just not that one.:D Going to step out for a small Dwaugh clay of Sutliff Golden Age. Cheers!:toast:

16. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Just had some OGS in my MM Country Gentleman. Best part of my day so far.

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

In honor of it being the finest night we have had around tese parts in a long time, I'm smoking some Pirate Kake in the Pete 52. No, no e-pipe could ever hope to replace such a fine smoke as this. Lemonade to sip on the side.

18. Thuber88

Thank you for your concerns , and hope his Majes, er I mean Mr Mayor is doing well:)

19. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Nuther warm day here in my part of Texas. Been thinking about that Fr.Dempsey sample I got from MakDragon all day. Put that bad boy in a Mario Grandi tomato and lit her up. Nice smoke except for the first time ever I burned a hole in my shirt. No problem, it's on the part that I tuck in. Y'all have a fine fine evening!

20. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Wadda ya' think? Good stuff, eh? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.