What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hello PSFers,
    smoking some W.O.Larsen No.50 for the first time. Coffe on the side. Have a great day everyone! :bing:
    [​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 11 others like this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good Lord OC. That's equivalent to smoking plutonium.

Morse, dBear, JimInks and 8 others like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Princes Street in a Peterson 80s. illy coffee out of the press, tbsps are better than tsps when it comes to making coffee. 14C(57F)H91%

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 14 others like this.
  4. psquared

You certainly have some fine pipes sir.

5. psquared

I know you read this Jon, no more excuses...

Morse, dBear, dwaugh and 8 others like this.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Old Codger said:
    Irish Flake cradling 1792 cradling University Flake cradling FireDance Flake in a xxl IMP meerschaum. This ought to last me the time it'll take to finish off the report I've been putting off for too long, and be a lot more interesting. Crushed ice over a darjeeling teabag. 18C(64F)H81%​
    Very tasty, but quite the hit. I didn't finish it in one go. I slept the sleep of the just last night. Suspicion that there were Richter scale 7 snores.

Lucky Duck, dBear, JimInks and 10 others like this.
  7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I knew that was coming..........

dBear, JimInks, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  8. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Carter Hall in the MM Golfer.
    Hang in there friends, the weekend is coming.

Artistik, Morse, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all. Smoking the last bow of AJ's vaper and it's been a very enjoyable time, Thanks Sante for the experience. I think i'm going to try some Bayou Morning and OJK next to see how they are. Sipping on some Red Rose tea as I enjoy this fine smoke. Beautiful room note from the va in this, too.

10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Stopped at local B & M last night. Still no more Irish Oak, so guess that was a one shipment thing. Picked up two pouches of CH. Then caused the young gal behind the counter to give give me a strange look: I asked for a pouch of Velvet. She couldn't quite figure out why I wanted that! Got it home and gave it a try. I now agree with her. I can't figure out why I wanted that! Was not impressed by the first pipe. But I'll give it time. This morning very nice. Temp in mid-60's, no humidity. Smoked CH in a big ol' briar. Then threw Honey & Chocolate in a mm cob. Enjoyable morning smokes. Tried to keep last night's Phillies game out of my mind!

11. Old Schoolr

Old Schoolr Member

Half & Half in a Medico Blemished Pot I got for $1.00 by sending in the proper coupon from a package of Medico Pipe Filters.
    Beautiful day here; cool, low humidity & crystal clear blue skies. Days like to day remind me of my late Mother, riding in the car w/ her, the windows down & this song on the radio
    Have a good Thursday all. We've almost fooled them for another whole week.

Artistik, Morse, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  12. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Last night I had some superior navy flake and some English Luxus. Walking up with superior round slices in an Ashton and coffee.

Morse, Lucky Duck, user3221 and 12 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Very out of character for me was purchasing the Negotia Atelier Stack with the egg like bulge since it is 3" at the bowl which holds way more tobacco than the Tsuge Tankard which holds a charge load. I also hardly ever break in a new pipe with a tobacco I have never tried but since it got rave reviews as was the winner in 2011 at the Chicago Tobacco Challenge I figured why not give it a go so I loaded the Atelier with H&H Black House and Levi and I went for walkabout. We made 5 rounds and the pipe smoked very well and the tobacco was surprisingly well behaved and the first hint of a gurgle arose at the 1 hour mark and a quick run of a pipe cleaner set it right. I don't have a lot of experience with stacks and know loading, and smoking, them can be a challenge but dumb luck was with me as it worked just great for me, the pipe is now smoked after languishing in someone's collection for a decade and I am all the happier for it and the 57 F temp coupled with low humidity made Levi and I very happy indeed.

[​IMG]

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

If Kirk Bosi no longer makes pipes as I've recently read. What a loss to the pipe making community. I picked up a 9 y/o unsmoked Bosi Volcano with Acrylic inlay in the Cumberland Stem with an Abalone dot. What a fantastic smoker and this is considering I did the unmentionable once again and that is trying a blend of my own making which 2 weeks ago was kind of brutal I called it Whoop-ass. Everyone knows that when you serve Whoop-ass a certain sense of satisfaction comes with it and this was no exception, 2 weeks of melding has magically transformed and tamed this blend to delight, just the right amount of bright Virginia spiciness mixed with Latakia, Perique and a dash of cigar leaf gave a satisfying smoke. If anyone has a pipe by Mr. Bosi and has the original bag please post a photo, mine is sadly lacking a bag, thanks in advance.
    banjo

[​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  15. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Granger in a Falcon after eggs and bacon breakfast. Coffee intake increasing...

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 8 others like this.
  16. TheModernGent

TheModernGent Member

1/4 Tums before a smoke and 1/4 after. I messed around with your Tums suggestion until I found something that worked. It must just give my tongue a protective barrier or coating of some sort.

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 6 others like this.
  17. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Been on an Old Companion/Poker kick this morning. Third bowl with Maxwell House. What can I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 10 others like this.
  18. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Haddo's Delight in a MM General.

Morse, Lucky Duck, dBear and 10 others like this.
  19. psquared

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again for lunch. Still terrible, stay away.

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Well a Special Occasion calls for a Special Pipe
    and the special occasion was Mrs Wicker wanted to go into Skipton,
    and gave me £10 spending money and there was nothing waiting to buy for the Plantation or Curing Barn.
    I had £10 last week as well but spent £9:90 on posting a long over due parcel to a USA PSF member [​IMG] who
    So into the Black Horse and a pint of Copper Dragon “Pippin” Bitter which is a Skipton brewery
    with a Rekamepip Red Stone Pipe of Gawith & Hoggarth’s Black Cherry and Cherry and Vanilla mix
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the first Beer in a couple of months so rowed the boat out and had another pint and a bowlful in the Black Stone “Shaman” Pipe
    [​IMG]
    Life is Good at Wicker Villas :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.