1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I don't doubt that for a moment. I might eventually invest in one, and rotate it among my cobs.

The factory bits on my Legends and Prides are working just fine for now. These pipes are so light that it's never necessary to bite down on the bit: I simply hook the button behind my front teeth and let the pipe dangle.

There's something immensely satisfying about smoking these cobs as is. The Pride cost me only $2.75, and it's technically perfect right out of the chute as far as delivering a blemish-free smoke.

But I did notice that the CG is a great deal heavier, and would probably benefit from a forever stem. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now the Pride and Legend are my absolute favorite cobs, and they happen to be two of the least expensive. A rare example of getting a LOT more than what you pay for.

2nd bowl of LTF in a Missouri Pride ...

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

got a final exam in the morning...studying, w/ my first ever bowl of W.O. Larsen - Old Fashioned in the BST

3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I don't know about fancy, but before I was married I had one of those one cup proto-keurig things. After getting married, I make sure I'm never the first out of bed.

I'm about to light up some more Germain's Brown Flake in a DGE nosewarmer cob. I'm not sure I really get this tobacco, but I'll try it for awhile. I got it from Berg, don't let him know I am unsure about it.

4. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Decided on the Bayou Morning Flake rubbed out good in a cob. Much better this go around.

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Just finished a bowl of Life
    (cereal)

Now for a bowl of McClellands Navy Cavendish

6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Good to have you back in the fold, WalkinStick. We'd been fearing that KK in a Cob was a thing of the past.

Finishing up some LTF in an MM Pride ...

7. Clavius85

Clavius85 Member

Smoked some Nightcap earlier in my MM Diplomat cob.

8. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

9. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

10. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

11. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Its a cool night out so I decided to go with some Commonwealth in one of my Petes. I love lat blends when it gets cool out.
    [​IMG]

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

I didn't know Maxwell House made beer! :startl:

Finishing up some AJ's VaPer (thanks, F&B!) in the Squatch volcano.

13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Just finished a most excellent bowl of FireDance Flake in my 2013 Pete Drac 999 with some cool sippin' sweet iced tea. I opened this tin two months ago but didn't jar it. I wanted it to dry out a bit. If this flake came with udder's I could have milked it. Really wet in the tin at first. Anyway, it has dried very nicely almost crumbly. Nice and smooth, still not picking up the berry topping in the taste but a completely different smoke as it sits now. Reminds me of FVF as far as the nic goes but not as over powering. Sweet and subtle. Y'all have a fine fine evening!

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

The air-cured leaf in that one is pretty strong and spicy. An acquired taste perhaps.

I smoked it as part of Morse's blind review, and so examined it pretty hard. There's enough Virginia in there to give it a great snork. And to my taste it's a reasonable substitute for Ogden's Walnut Flake. I wouldn't want to smoke that air-cured leaf on its own though. The snork on that one would probably dissolve even the thickest carpet of nose hair.

Dav Danish in a Peterson ...

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

a bit over halfway into the bowl, and I like it! Sip this one, though. It is NOT a candidate for "a quick smoke" - you'll burn your tongue most likely. This is for gentle, easy puffing, and the wonderful aroma makes it a perfect indoor smoke. It tastes to me like butter pecan ice cream, or caramel and toasted nuts of some sort. It's creamy, sweet, and actually delicious. It's mild as can be - this isn't about nicotine, it's about flavor and relaxing and that pleasant aroma.

I should think this would be the perfect easy chair blend in a big pipe at Christmastime when family's over. It's doing just as fine in my shoddy apartment on a pleasant July evening alone.

16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Who are you and why are you speaking to me? :fpalm:

18. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Kentucky Club Continental Blend in an Old England Bulldog...

[​IMG]

19. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Earlier I enjoyed a bowl of McClelland's Christmas Cheer 1998 in a Sav Opera Billiard with a glass of Seltzer with lemon and a few foating icebergs. Now I'm smoking McClelland's Boston 1996 which predates the 1776 version. It was tinned in '94. I have a glass of fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea on the side. And yes, there are floating icebergs in the glass too! Bailey is keeping me company on the porch.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

20. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

I have Shelby Foote's " The Civil War-A Narrative " and his book on Shiloh. That man is an American treasure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.