What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marker

Marker Active Member

Your avatar is making me wonder if I should look you up in the cities when I get there. :startl:.

Going to be in Rogers Aug 4-7. Probably hit tobacco grove a couple times in the evening. Let me know if you are up for hitting the NW part of the cities.

Lithua pipe, Morse, Thuber88 and 5 others like this.
  2. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'll join you brother. Cutting some coins now for after lunch.

Fantastic breakfast (@ the Retro Eatery, Union City..."Chubby Checker", bed of home fries with onions and green peppers, topped with 2 fried eggs over easy, 3 sausage links, all covered in cheddar cheese, with rye toast on the side). Above average black coffee. Picked up diesel, feed from the Co-op. Horses are back in from the pasture, flies herded them up.

I think it's time for more Hermit Tobacco Ten Russians in the Hardcastle. Vacation is rough I tell you.

Lucky Duck, MacNutz, Morse and 14 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Cable guy is here to switch us to another provider since Time-Warner went up on their prices. So, as I'm up earlier than I want to be, I'm smoking Dunbar in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Another great day it looks like. Started off with some Anni Kake in a cob. A lot of Pg tips tea to drink. Kettle turned itself off at the proper temp. Well chilled dip of Grizzly Wintergreen right out of a fresh tin that was stored in the fridge. Constant retirement is kinda like imortality. Life's good!

5. JimInks

You mean there's another kind?

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 7 others like this.
  6. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Hot and sunny here, shooting for 92 and a slight chance of rain, though at this time it looks doubtful. This time of year the weather guys just tape a forecast and run it for a couple of months. Sunny high in the 90's low in the 70's and a slight chance of thunderstorms.

Had cereal for breakfast (I agree it's good anytime but works for breakfast to) finished one pot of coffee and thinking hard about a second. Smoking Sam Malloys extra stout in a cob. I am quite amazed that I like this at all and I'm really enjoying it.

Playing fetch with the cat.....yep I'm gonna need more coffee. ;)

Lucky Duck, Morse, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CH in a Genoa bowl.
    Getting a late start today.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  8. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Mine too~ I learned in the Navy along with Euchre & Texas Hold 'Em. I taught her to play & now she's counting her own points~ Now she asks ME to play by saying something like, "after our walk we can sit down & I can kick the tar out of you in Cribbage~" She's getting closer & closer to actually winning a game, but she enjoys the game~ Taught her cribbage because Chess is turning out to be a chore, lol~

After brunch, I'm going to take some sweet tea outside & have some H&H Classic Burley Kake in a MM Washington cob.

9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Just about to light up some Pfeifen Huber Virginia Honeydew Flake in an awesome fatta a mano black rock cob, made by rekamepip - Godfather of Rock Carving. :thu2:
    [​IMG]

10. JimInks

Thanks to Ruffinogold (just where is our Mayor, anyway?), I'm smoking Germain's Royal Jersey with perique in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. A very nice light and pleasant tasting mixture. Ice tea properly chilled is my drink.

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I believe he's on a junket in SW PA. ;)

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 6 others like this.
  12. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

love that stuff!

Thuber88, dBear, fishnbanjo and 2 others like this.
  13. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

[​IMG]

Just about to christen this beauty with a little FVF. Just took a whiff from the jar, smelt god damn delicious! Here goes nothing!

Lucky Duck, MacNutz, Morse and 12 others like this.
  14. Iain

Iain Active Member

Good afternoon everyone, it's been awhile since I was last seen around here, this seems as good a place as any to say hello to all the members I've met before as well as those I haven't.

I think in the last few months I've picked up a pipe only a couple of times, work and stuff has just been getting in the way.
    So, this week I've been forced to relax due to labyrinthitis, not so bad when the pills kick in and the world stops spinning :confused: :puke:

The tobacco cellar has been raided, I've planted myself firmly on the garden bench with a tin of one year old FVF, a favourite old, straight, no name bulldog and a fruit smoothie :puffy:

15. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Welcome back!

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  16. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

That stuff look AMAZING!

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  17. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Enjoying Princes Street in a BST Canadian while contemplating what I'd do if I was DWaugh restoring the Volvo. Since I paid the equivalent of $5.30 per US Gal for gasoline this morning, alternative motive power needed to be considered. A gerbil on a treadmill can generate .31watt. To move the Volvo would require 120Hp=92,466.784Watts= 92,466.784 gerbils. Not to have a partial gerbil, which would generate no usable power, the minimum requirement would be 92,467 gerbils. Harnessing all that gerbil power would entail a significant transmission and it's conversion losses, about 30% is typical, so 120,208 gerbils are needed. There are unfortunately range limitations that need to be considered.
    I wonder what is in Princes Street that encourages these sorts of thoughts. 19C(66F)H63%

Lucky Duck, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  18. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

If you're anything like me, it's not the Princes Street that is encouraging these thoughts. It is age!

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Back from acupuncture, very relaxed, had half a bowl of Virginia Broad Cut Leaf in the MM Mizzou with the plum Forever Stem better go grab a coffee.........

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm going home with Bob's Square Cut in a Sasieni Hilands Buckingham Pot with ice tea on the side.

Lucky Duck, MacNutz, Morse and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.