1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

It has to be true. I read it on the Internet once.

Old Codger, Thuber88, dBear and 4 others like this.
  2. Marker

Marker Active Member

I would like this post, but the Coors Light part turns me off.

3. Roger W

Roger W Member

Coconut?! You've piqued my interest - where does one procure some of this tobacco??

4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Grilling and BBQ is done
    now time to fatten up a bit

wish i had beer !

:toast:

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Going to have some Old Joe Krantz in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem, some diet Gingerale at room temp on the side as I plan what pipes/tobacco I'm bringing to a Lobstah Feed with all the fixin's tonight, we're bringing a case of Sea Dog Brewery's Wild Blueberry Ale........

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Finally got the new cable/phone/internet hooked up! Time-Warner can now go kiss my :moon:.

Earlier, it was Old Dark Fired in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Now, it's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Fine pipes, fine tobacco, fine liquor, a fine wife, and cheap beer. That's the secret to a long and happy life.

8. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

FVF folded and stuffed into my Savinelli 320 Sistina.

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Another cottage smoke. 4noggins Double Fantasy in the Brigham Voyageur 123.

[​IMG]

Life's rough...

[​IMG]

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

After Dinner desert

going old codger again with granger

throwing caution to the wind by adding in a pinch of frog morton to the middle of the bowl

started out slightly sweet and nutty
    then progressed into smokey and....
    well you get the idea
    :th1:

hard to believe that so much pleasure comes in a little pipe

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

http://www.ljperetti.com/tobacco/tobacco_cavendish.html
    It's #432. But it's very, very mild and to me not much in the coconut at all, if any. I sent it to dBear to see if he could taste it. If you like Balkan/English there tobacco is excellent! Royal, #40 Oriental, Tashkent all there tobaccos I have tried are good.

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I hit a milestone in talking so much, awhile ago greeting someone joining our merry band. I can't think of a better way to do it. :) Time for some Strang in a cob before I decide whats for dinner.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

^^^^ What he said. :)

I think "coconut" might be misleading. It's flavored with something sweet that's unlike other flavored tobaccos I've smoked. But I didn't really think it tasted like coconut.

Finishing up some Bosphorus Cruise in the Crowley's Ridge red rock pipe by Rekamepip. [​IMG]

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Hey, Yappy, 2000! :thu2:

15. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Finished mowing with some Boswell burly in a MM CG. I am planning on dumping a little RAIN in Dixie tonight.
    Now enjoying some Mac B. navy mix. in a Savinelli.

16. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm on three hours sleep and then drove from Pitts Pa to my home [ 14 hours ] straight :shead: ..... I'm so burnt . I like Pittsburg Pa , though it was the worst work trip I've ever done ... I left early . I really wanted to meet Dwaugh but the schd wouldn't allow . I may go back up in a week or so if some things change but they probably wont .. lol . I want to add that I got some stuff from some PSF members while I was away and I thank you all , though I don't know who sent one thing in particular ! I'll write about them tomorrow as they are super fantastic !!! I have to get a package out to a member as well ...... but right now , I'm done . Btw , Wickermans Snuff mix is incredible .... it's way out there killer .

For the last 11 days I smoked PA Soft Vanilla , Velvet , MCB and SWR in a MM Legend mainly . I smoked Ogdens Walnut through the states of PA , Maryland , W Virginia , Virginia , TN and Georgia in the Basil Meadows touched by God pipe..... Ruffinogold and Ogdens for 14 hours [ 2 way ] .. it made the driving doable :th1: .

17. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Uncanny resemblance to Johnny Depp in that picture Jack. Way to go.

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

OK I hope this is not where I fall out with PSF ? but here's a statement :-
    Having to Ferment and Age Tobacco after Colour Curing is a load of Bollocks !
    going back say 15 + years I bought a Pasta machine to roll out Polymer Clay to make some moulds, and though I've known where the roller side was I've just spent 2 days tidying the loft chaos up till I found the cutter attatchment. So I thought I'd give it a go on some of the first leaves in the Barn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then a cross cut in the other cutter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and out to the big shed to give it a try
    [​IMG]
    Superb, smokes cool and dry right down to ash
    [​IMG]
    So where's the Ammonia and harshness ? I'm not now going to bother Fermenting but Colour Cure, strip main stem and Block,
    I've cut the Oak and will make the moulds tomorrow, photo's to follow, then it can only get better by maturing. So "Teddy Tobacco" is up and running
    p.s. I'm smoking a bowl full in a Rekamepip Black Stone Cob as I post this and just think I've built a Cavendish steamer and a smoker to smoke some before I block -
    Play Time :)

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:buds:

20. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I get that quite a bit. It's one if the reasons I cut my hair off. It also doesn't help that I've always liked hats with brims and mirrored aviators :D

I suppose there are worse celebrities out there to whom I could bear a resemblance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.