What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

McC 5110 Dark English in a fat old apple.

2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Stuck in Milford, PA for the next two days so I'm smoking out of my travel kit. Earlier it was Kendal Kentucky in the Shambull. Right now it's Dark Birdseye in the WTF pipe.

3. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Haven't had a bowl in a week, so I popped open the Two Friends English Chocolate I got last weekend and had some in the Bertram squat bulldog. Definitely different. Followed up with some McCranie's My Reserve in the Bekler meer.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got some Marble Kake going in the Squatch prince. Homemade cream o' chicken soup is about to be ready!

5. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Went to bed, but got back up to annoy the wife with some Pirate Kake, burning in the bent, blasted HIS Rhodesian.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Irish Flake in the Stanwell (Bjarne design) billiard. I'm tired, and ought to go to bed. But I'm on vacation so I'm going to smoke a bowl first!

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Smoked quite a variety today: started off with some Kentucky Club Continental Blend in my Viking. Then the mail came, and in it were some samples sent to me to review. The first one was 4noggins Catamount (eh), the second was 4noggins Kinglington (not bad), and the third one was GL Pease Cairo (bingo). I plan on making posting proper reviews tomorrow. I just ended the day with a bowl of Cairo in my Viking. I will say this...there is a bit of Lady N in this blend...

Lithua pipe, rondel65, Morse and 8 others like this.
  8. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm loading up my grandfather's Brigham VIP with some SWR. This smoke should be special, as I'm sitting in about the same spot as I remember him sitting and enjoying his pipes when I was a kid. There are a lot of great memories attached to this cottage and many of them involve that special man. I miss him, sometimes.

[​IMG]

9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

It's Friday, so a 2 bowl night tonight! Up first was 6 year old Pease Cairo in a Barbi bent egg, sweet and mild. Followed up by 7 year old 2 Friends Redwood in a Stanwell Special Canadian, fuller and spicy. Both accompanied by some Dickel 12. Enjoying the contrast very much!

10. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Wow, Dickel and Cairo...my kind of night...

Lithua pipe, Morse, mecompco and 4 others like this.
  11. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

This is the 2nd bowl of Cairo I have smoked, and the tin I have is 6 years old. I have not gotten the nic hit. I think this blend must mellow beautifully with the age. I will have to get a newer tin to compare, and I eagerly await your review! My local B&M got a bulk deal on his C&D and Pease blends back in '07, so everything I have been trying lately has been aged. I think I am going to be spoiled when I run out of the old stuff.

12. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I have found that nicotine hits different people differently. I was weary of trying Royal Yacht because I heard it had a pretty big hit. When I finally tried some, I got no hit...and now its one of my favorites.

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Earlier I had a bowl of Uhle's 00 in a Squatch Dublin with a iceberg laden seltzer with lemon. Now it's Telegraph Hill in a Kaywoodie Blasted Billard POY 2013 with a Tortoise Shell Stem. Ice tea on the side with some more icebergs.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Same here. I can't understand how people think it's a strong smoke. In fact, there's a thread in another forum where the question of what gives the bigger nic hit - Nightcap or Royal Yacht - is discussed. It surprises me to see how many people pick RY.

User4408, Lithua pipe, Morse and 6 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Almost done with HU Louisiana Broken (thanks FishnBanjo) in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip with the Peterson system. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature is my drink. Going to look for my next smoke. Trying to decide which English blend to smoke.

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Thanks to SurlySoul, I'm smoking Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in my BC Maitre Pipier calabash shape pipe

17. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Whooo whee! What a night in Albuquerque! Winds up to 89 mph, almost 2" of rain, small hail at my place. I was sure there was a tornado headed my direction. Power went out while trying to post on PSF and Etsy. Internet service still not up to speed here. Power out at several places in the city, cars stalled in deep water. I had a little rain forced in around a badly sealed window, but no other major problems. Will check out the shop in the morning and then head to my office tomorrow. Phone is out there tonight. Probably no power.

Hearth & Home Black house in an old rescued Stanwell pot.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Good luck, DW! Hope you got by unscathed.

19. JimInks

Half way through smoking Year 2002 Squadron Leader in a 1990 Peterson Irish Second Oom Paul natural. I should have packed this bowl tighter; burning through the bowl faster than I normally would. Gonna need another smoke before too long. Shouldn't have gotten distracted by stuff.

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Tut, tut, Jim! If you're ever going to become a pipe smoker, you're going to have to pay more attention than that! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.