What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Escudo in a small bent anonymous meerschaum. Last of a glass of crushed ice over a meyer lemon teabag.19C(66F)H75%
    'night all.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Well, this particular Oom Paul has a narrower chamber than I prefer, which will occasionally result in a little dottle at the bottom, so I don't pack it as tightly as I do other pipes. But I could have tamped it down a little more than I did. Great smoking pipe though with lots of nice straight grain. It has a few fills as Peterson Irish Seconds will, but they don't affect its smokability, of course.

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

A late one (good thing I'm on vacation) with SWR in the POY.

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well we're up and now awake thanks to 2 rounds of Khave, strong and black, in the PRM and 1/2 bowl of Long Cut Virginia in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem and 1/2 bowl of some Raspberry fol de rol of some sort from the $100 box of TAD, jury is out on that one, smoked it in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem, might make a decent tea to spray on Japanese Beetles........... Good Morning PSFer's..... :ccup:

5. JimInks

Thanks to JPBerg, I'm smoking G&H Rum Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. The taste of this gets better and better. I'm still drinking ice water with well behaved icebergs, and listening to the MLB talk on the XM. I'm going to miss Antenna TV, Me-TV, BBC News, and NY1 News now that we have AT&T as our cable provider, but I like the money we're saving. Time-Warner Cable was rather indignant to m'lady when she tried to talk to them about the latest price increase, so they lost our business as a result. Their "deal" was a dollar off of their $25 price increase. Yeah, ummmm... sure... some "deal."

6. JimInks

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking ancient Three Nuns tinned by Noah before he went on the Ark, in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03. Reading box scores, drinking ice water, and making Suzy and Molly happy by feeding them trout and cheese. Earlier this evening, m'lady and I went out with some old high school friends and had a wonderful time. Three of them have been my friends since the second grade.

7. JimInks

My last smoke before bed is Royal Yacht (thanks Marker) in a 1980 smooth Lorenzo Ambra 803 Oom Paul with a lucite stem. Watching Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire on TV. Bing's doing a lot of pipe smoking in this one.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Honey & Chocolate in the MM Mizzou with the plum Forever Stem, PRM #7 and a few cinnamon rolls, Levi has had his ablutions and his breakfast and the metamorphosis to lumpdome has been finalized.

9. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Gonna start my day with some good old FVF in my falcon. Happy Saturday ladies and gents!

10. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all.
    Been smoking EA Carey Bruno Special since Thursday, nothing else. In various Falcons.

11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Requiem for 300

Mac Baren Ambrosia.

12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Turkish shag in Rock Cob

Coffee - lots of Coffee

going to an estate auction this morning
    they have an Old Chevy Nova
    (but its a 4 door with 6 cyl )

13. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Sugar Barrel in the MM Country Gentleman Bent

14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

[​IMG]

Some Brown Flake, in this Radice, and a big cup of Yuban, cause I want to be like Stumpy when I grow up.

15. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Just about to fill my peterson tankard up with dunhill London mixture for an after lunch smoke in the sunshine! Lovely day up here in Scotland :)

16. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I can't believe I'm still up and doing things. Having what I swear is my last bowl of CH in the Pete with a bowl of big beautiful cherries. I like my cherries and tobacco in separate bowls.

17. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Finished up last night's bowl of Pirate Kake and am now working on some Firedance Flake in a little no-name bent meer I just got. I think we'll have to open up the draw just a bit but it seems to burn pretty well.

18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good morning all, [​IMG]

Congrats YAPPG on the 2k! :thu2::beck::ohyh::hbang::punk::hbang: :ohyh::beck::thu2:

According to the weather report, today will be the hottest day of the year in Germany. During the day temperatures will reach 40° Celsius. I will try not to move at all, except for my arm to lead a glass of water (chilled to the proper temperature) to my mouth.
    To stay cool as long as possible I'm going to smoke some cool Strang - thanks to psquared :toast: - in the coolest cob there is - a BLACK ROCK - thanks to rekamepip :toast:

and yes - jdto has a striking resemblance to Mr Depp - if I'd look that cool, I wouldn't need a fan. :thu2:

[​IMG]

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Having some OI in a Squatch. Funny, I hadn't remembered how quickly 50 grams of this stuff gets smoked. More Yuban.

20. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Boswell's Best Burley in a MM General with Forever Stem with the morning coffee, dark no sugar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.