What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheModernGent

TheModernGent Member

Morning all,

Pirate Kake > Savinelli Oscar Lucite Zulu > Kona Coffee on the side.

I'm ready for the day, carpe diem.

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! And a good morning it is indeed, Saturday! Ahhh...the big exhale. Saturday is only 1/7th of my life, but it's about 99.6% of what I look forward to. So, here I am. Enjoying this promised land of days with a load of Three Part Harmony in the silver banded straight pot Suffolk briar. I'm drinking black coffee from my stainless travel mug, because I've got some running around to do today. I've already started actually. The big old Chevy has been fueled up for Daisy (she hasn't pumped a drop of fuel since I've known her).Now I'm passing the time in the garage 'till 8:00 a.m. cdt. That's when the neighborhood grocery opens where I shall begin my errands today. Have a great week-end everyone!

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I would suggest you go on over to your neighbors house and enjoy the air conditioner
    fan.jpg

just a suggestion:toast:

4. Snookman

Snookman Member

Anni Kake in a Kriswill with a cup of Folgers. Good morning!

5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

maybe you're right - see ya later guys!

6. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Last bowl of the morning is Orlik Golden Sliced in my Smokindragon cob. Tee time in 90 minutes........

7. Iain

Iain Active Member

Same as yesterday I'm sat out in the nice weather with that tin of one year old FVF and a fruit smoothie, currently smoking this thing:[​IMG]

Don't know what its made from (hickory, maple?) all its got is a Buescher's sticker on it and it was unsmoked when I got off the 'bay. Seems to impart a sugary, slightly nutty taste to the tobacco.

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Starting another beautiful morning with some 500 blend stuffed in the Black Rock. Simon, sorry about your bad weather, but hang in there it will pass. Was like that for weeks here, hope its gone till next year. Tipping a cuppa Pg tips towards you.

9. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Cobbin' w/ Krantz.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning all, all appropriate tanks are either filled or emptied. Packing a couple pipes and heading outside ... on the menu:
    Kajun Kake in the DGE Egg
    OI in the Hardcastle ( :toast: Berg)
    Ogdens Walnut in a MM

Have a great day everyone!

11. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

A bulk blend from the B&M called morning paper in a comoy Canadian. It's a medium English but seems like it's missing some of the oriental component I enjoy

12. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Good late morning y'all. I tried an English blend this morning but it just didn't hit the spot. Gonna smoke a bowl of Dan's Blend from Boswell's which was courtesy of Rickpal14 to this FNG. I am savoring the blends he so generously sent me. I have yet to light up the Legend Cob he sent me but I do use the pipe tool he also sent. He is such a great guy! Seriously, I think I'll make him my BFF. :beck: Oh, I'm smoking it in an ancient C.P.F. Bulldog with Bakelite stem. Yum... And lotsa black unsweetened kick your ass it's so strong and float a horseshoe in it coffee.

13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CH in an Algiers. Nothing new to report.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up early to do stuff, so I'm starting with Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top.

15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good morning all!
    This is a perfect day! The weather out here is everything one could ask for.....sorry Simon.
    Stopped by Dirt Cheap this morning and picked up a pouch of SWRA an Captain Black, White. Smoking the SWRA now in the Caremel swirl Forever stemmed Country Gent. Its pretty dang good. I think I finally found an aro I like. It is dry as a bone, but some breaths through the pipe got it right.
    Coffee on the side.

16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a MM legend. Already through a couple of cups of black 454 Horse Power coffee out of the press. Heading off to Longview to pick up some things I need from the house. Looks like the friends staying there will be resident for quite a while since their place in High River was destroyed. At least the road is now open. 13C(55F)H72%

17. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Cloudy day here this morning. Think I'll start off the day with some 8yr old GLP Fillmore in a Rekamepip Red Rock Cob with a strong cup of Folgers. Nice cool morning so far. Everyone have a fine fine day!

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Slept in this morning. Didn't get up til 7. Started simple with CH, followed by Luxury Blend in one of my Peterson bent system pipes. After catching up on the news (on-line) I've now got Velvet in a mm cob.

19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

You're a good host OC. :toast:

Morse, Thuber88, jpberg and 8 others like this.
  20. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Bishop's Move in the Sandblasted English Thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.