What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Lighting up some Scotch Flake in the Radice Morta AEROBilliard, diet Gingerale on the side.

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:appl: Best of both worlds.

MDaws79, YAPPG, David Emond and 7 others like this.
  3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Kendal Kentucky in a cob.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, MDaws79 and 15 others like this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Button Bay in a Peterson 80s. Tasty. Need to make a note and stock some more of this back east as well. Keeping an eye on the tornado warnings just east of my place by the rocks. 25C(77F)H55%

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Thank you, Brit!

Morse, User4408, MDaws79 and 7 others like this.
  6. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

Now there is a post I could not "like". My teams are the O's, the Pirates, and the Nats (in that order). Today was not a good baseball day. Oh well, at least the Nats won, and I was too busy to watch and see the other two lose.

Anyway, I'm about to head out on the balcony again with some ice coffee (I'm going to need the caffeine if I'm going to finish my project), some Stonehaven (or maybe I should do an American tobacco in honor of the 4th, maybe McClelland Honeydew or H&H Anni Kake), and a pipe to be determined. Again, my first thought was a Ben Wade or a Sav, but in honor of the 4th I should do a good old American brand...either a Kaywoodie, Dr. Grabow, or a MM.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Since you're an O's and Pirates fan, you might like knowing I once interviewed Jim Palmer on the radio. He was a funny and gracious guy. I asked him about pitching to Roberto Clemente (who was my childhood hero), and Palmer started talking about the homer Roberto hit off of him in the 1971 World Series. "I fooled him with the pitch and he hit it to the opposite field off his front foot. I still can't believe he did that. Nobody does that. He hit it off his front foot." Of course, he meant that Clemente didn't stay back on the pitch and hit the ball with his weight distributed differently than home run hitters normally do.

This isn't the home run I mentioned, but you can see what Palmer was talking about here:

8. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

I turn 43 in a couple weeks. Jim Palmer was one of my childhood heroes. Actually, so was Roberto Clemente but I was too young at the time to remember seeing him play. Since I don't have a name that really translates into Spanish, when I took Spanish in high school I got to choose what I'd be called in class and I chose Roberto as a tribute to Clemente. I also have 4 or 5 of his baseball cards. Big fan. Major tragedy when he died in that plane crash.

9. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

:shead:I forgot about the KW, so I will be smoking that as well today,maybe a nice bowl or three of EGR later;)

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Double and triple like!

User4408, MDaws79, surlysoul and 7 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm pretty much trying to stay with an American theme today - so it's been MacC 5100 in the black rock cob, Kansas City (thanks, Rekamepip!) in the Tom Howard pot dog, and now Carter Hall in a Missouri Meerschaum bent Legend. Can't get much more American than that!

Now to go out for a long walk in this nice little rain that we're finally having in Nashville.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The day Roberto died was one of the worst days of my life. It's still an emotional thing for me. I can't tell you what it was like to sit in the right field stands just to be near him and watch him play. Neil Walker, the current second baseman for the Bucs, recently told the story of how his father (Tom), who was a good friend of Roberto's, wanted to go with him on the plane. Roberto refused to let him go because he wasn't sure it was safe, thereby unknowingly saving Tom Walker's life.

In honor of the Great One, I'm smoking Great Outdoors in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque.

Morse, Artistik, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  13. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

PA in a cob for breakfast.
    GLP Navigator in a meer for lunch.
    After dinner is still up in the air.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  14. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

It's been resting in the jar for 5 months. I don't really know what's in there anymore...scraps of everything I"ve smoked. But I'll say this, I could taste it. Not bad. I'll keep feeding the compost jar, it's starting to get interesting.

15. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

It is anatomically impossible for me to eat another bite of watermelon.

Bayou Morning in a Sav Auto.

Morse, jpberg, PipeSimmo and 14 others like this.
  16. furious

furious Junque collector

Don't know how Clemente did it really. Nearly defies physics except he keeps his hands back for so long that sufficient power can be generated in spite of where his weight is. Amazing. And Jim Palmer was one of my favorites too.

Now it's ERR in a Kaywoodie Handmade billiard.

Morse, jpberg, FlatbushPaul and 11 others like this.
  17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I am so predictable. Started the day with OJK, in the Dip, with strong coffee. have been puffing OJK all day and will until dark. Then its either Billy Budd or them pesky Russians for the rest of the day/night.

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking on some Anni Kake in a cob. Drinking Lemonade. Full and fat after being out and eating somebody elses cooking for a change. Can't beleive I havent posted since last night. Argh. catching up to do, also.

Morse, PipeSimmo, MacNutz and 13 others like this.
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Taking my Jack Howell Dublin for a spin with some Carey's Bruno Special Mix. still sipping diet Gingerale.

[​IMG]

Sinzalot, Morse, PipeSimmo and 10 others like this.
  20. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Tonight is some mighty fine Germain Brown Flake in my Shire pipe.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.