1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Had the coffee half made when the propane guy called to see when I would be at the office (genny has been offline due to fuel issues)--I think I mumbled something about in about half an hour, threw on some pants, stoked the POY with CH, grabbed a cuppa to go and headed out the door. Not the relaxing morning I had planned. Thinking about grabbing a GreasyMcMuffin or something and just staying at the office for a while, always plenty to do. Pity there's no smoking here!

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

After a long day of smoking yesterday, I watched the encore of the Nats/Brewers game last night while smoking CH. The result was this morning I could not get interested in a pipe. Smoked two just for the sack of it. Instead of Irish Oak, I opened Luxury Blend and followed it up with CH. All of my department took the day off, so I figured I'd come in and enjoy the peace and quiet. So far, so good.

Morse, Smokey, FlatbushPaul and 10 others like this.
  3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

DTM Ascanian #2, courtesy of Dr. Strang Love, in an Astley Newmarket ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

A luscious VaPer yielding thick soft billowy plumes of fragrant smoke. This is Ascanian #1's big brother, containing 10% perique. But it's not a hammer. I don't know what DTM does to soften the perique, but it's extraordinary. And it burns like a dream. After drying it a bit on the lamp of course.

I don't know what those blending geniuses at DTM do, but the perique in Ascanian is almost floral rather than gamey. And yet it still retains all that satisfying depth. Top caliber weed IMHO. Worth the extra euros.

4. krusty

krusty Active Member

Hearth & Home Louisiana Red in the rekamepip Rock Warden.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  5. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a BST Compact Little Brute. Kicking Horse 454 Horsepower coffee out of the press. Yes, I'm awake now.
    14C(57F)H76%

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

H&H Manor Heights in a Kaywoodie Relief Grain. Finishing the pot of Maxwell House. Took a vacation day from RL work, hoping to get a little rest.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  7. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good morning friends!
    Coffee and Vapor for breakfast....maybe some eggs in a little while.
    Stryder is sitting here with me getting caught up on some threads.
    By the way JimInks, Real nice pipes! It's nice to get to see them finally!

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

THANK YOU. Glad you like it. :toast: ....and BradNTX and David Emond said about it:
    "I found the ascanian very bland with a bit of the virginian from time to time." HETERIC! :old:

9. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Dang, I should be asleep by now. Finally the work is done. With the last of my strength I shall have a cob full of Billy Budd, that should send me to sleep land pretty quickly.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Boswell burly to start breaking in the new Savinelli Piazza di Spagna

11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That's an understandable reaction on their part depending on what they're used to. But I certainly don't share it. The Ascanian is a flavor bomb compared to LNF, but much much softer. And I should know, because I'm

DGT'ing the remains of Ascanian #2 in an Astley ... ;)

Thanks again, Simmo. Dieser Tabak ist da' Hammer!

12. krusty

krusty Active Member

More Hearth & Home Louisiana Red, in a thoroughly disreputable looking Missouri Meerschaum Danish Spool.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  13. furious

furious Junque collector

965 in a Sasieni Stamford watching the kids frolic in the pool.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I went to bed listening to the Jack Benny marathon on the XM, and when I woke up, it was still going on. Suzy and Molly didn't seem to notice, oddly enough. :rolleyes: They were busy eating turkey and cheese, and chasing each other around the house. I'm drinking a Sprite and smoking Dunbar in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. Wonder if we'll have a day without rain for a change?

15. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

FVF, rubbed, Savinelli 320 Sistina, sitting outside on a great summer day

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. GE in a Falcon. Red Rose tea in a mug.

Morse, Smokey, FlatbushPaul and 14 others like this.
  17. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I got the house to myself today because Jedi is taking a road trip with her parents (poor girl). She tried every trick in the book to get me to go too, but house to myself trumps everything.

Still just puffing on the e-cig. My tongue needs a day off of pipes after yesterday. I know, I know. Heretic.
    I will have to smoke a bowl after the mail comes today. A brand new Rekamepip briar is coming! It's not just stone that the guy knows how to improve apparently.

18. Oldredbeard

Oldredbeard Member

McClelland's Dark Full English in a bent Calabresi.

p120d16y, Morse, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  19. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Slip a little Jameson in that tea. Cure what ails ye. That's what my grandpappy always said.

p120d16y, Morse, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I'm home, managed to almost be awake, had a Hummus Wrap on a Rye Grain Wrap with garden spinach, carrots, garden cucumber slices on the side with Olive Oil, Himalayan Sea Salt, Crushed black pepper and black olives, diet Gingerale for my drink. Then finished a bowl of Fire Fly in the MM Mizzou with the plum Forever Stem.
    Received some surreal HATE from FlatbushPaul and MDaws79 thanks guys will go through it once I really come around which may be awhile it's in the 90's and sucking the life right out of me. Finishing up a double Cuban espresso then on to diet Gingerale.

Morse, Smokey, FlatbushPaul and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.