What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

I've found myself smoking Middleton's Cherry more and more. I put some of that through my new Kaywoodie Red Root yesterday.

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

You should be in Calgary this morning. First serious round of Stampede breakfasts is on and an unspiked coffee is as rare as a politician without something to say. Baileys is the standard replacement for cream or milk in coffee. All the alcohol vapours in the air is probably why it has never ever rained during the Stampede Parade.

4noggins Evening Cordial in a MM Legend. Chocolate with a touch of cherry, why not, it's time for dessert in some time zone or another.
    18C(64F)H57%

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pizza for lunch and now it's on to Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. The Jack Benny XM radio marathon starts over again at 2:00 EST, and I'll listen to what I missed.

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Was there in '91. Great time.

Old Codger, YAPPG, MDaws79 and 4 others like this.
  5. psquared

Well, hang the cold. Irish Oak in the Sherlock Holmes.

Edit: Laced with Grousemore Plug.

6. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Hot and humid here in Central Maine. Just got home, Kickin' Chicken in the little meer apple, whiskey sour in the glass, ACs cranked, streaming the Avengers (animated series) on Netflix. Wonder what the poor folks are doing this afternoon? :cool:

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Thanks to MDaws79 I had a nice bowl of Honey & Chocolate in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob, nice chocolate notes for the first 1/3 bowl then it opened up some with some vitamin N then settled down for a nice finish, I like the Black Rock Cob on a hot day it helps you monitor if you smoke too fast. Nice stuff to go along with it as well, am figuring out what HATE to send in return, thanks Mark!

I'd also like FlatbushPaul to know his generosity in what his HATE package contained is exciting and wonderful, two class acts on the PSF.

8. JimInks

Getting an early start on things and smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A can of 7-Up is my drink.

9. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Man, the way you describe it makes me wish I had tried one more bowl before sending it off. :doh: Glad you like it!

Morse, jhguthlac, dBear and 6 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having some KC Blend(thanks to Rekamepip) in the meer lined Rhastus Rhoosterin D'Artesian before I run off for a bit

11. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Connoisseurs choice in my Wilke.

Morse, Smokey, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  12. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Had some Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River in my MM Country Gentleman yesterday along with an American style Ale I brewed back in March~~~ Hadn't cracked any open til yesterday, they've been in the beer friedge downstairs all this time. Both were supurb!

NOW I'm going to sit on the back porch with some H&H Classic Burley Kake in my Bjarne straight apple & a cup of coffee~

13. JimInks

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Year 1998 Orlik Golden Slices in an undated medium bend big bowl rusticated Sienna colored Estella with a pearl grey stem. I figured it'd rain today, and I guess Stormy's buddy made sure I had guessed right. Humpf!!!

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Everyone's palate is different Mark, I can taste what I'm cooking by smell, i.e. I season with my nose as it sends information to my palate, it's always worked for me. The accompanying beverage also adds, or detracts, I chose Jamaican Blue Mountain and it has faint chocolate notes but the tobacco enhanced the flavor of both the coffee and the tobacco.

It's freaking hot here as well and I didn't know what to expect but used the rock cob since it would help me control my first smoke by keeping the bowl cool, to me it made a fine hot day smoke, it didn't have a lot of power until you got some Vitamin N in the center which did not hang on for long, just enough then it was just a good tobacco. Thanks again.

15. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

I concur with fishnbanjo, it is freakin' hot here in Maine today. Had some cheese and crackers to cut the whiskey and thought it might be time for a little nic kick so have fired up a bowl of HBB in the Pete 305.

16. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

More Night Train in a cob.

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

The secrets of Parthenon (english)

In less than 9 years,20.000 tons of 70.000 parts with pristine of 1/20mm,airtight
    No blueprints ever found even if 200 technicians worked simultaneously. That symbol of the World nobody knows how is been designed.

Kohlhase & Kopp Nr. 33 Vanilla-Coffee.

18. JimInks

Almost finished with this bowl of AJ's VaPer (thanks, FishnBanjo) in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. I'm walking up and down the warehouse aisles looking for what to smoke next. The Saint Bernard was kind enough to fetch me a bottle of Cheerwine, but was disappointed to learn it was only a cherry soda. It pays to live and learn, folks!! :cool:

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cut some Peter Stokkebye curly block aka the Salami with my antique tobacco cutter and it is definitely not for plugs since it puts a lot of pressure on them and makes them oval shaped. It will cut them albeit a bit more thicker than I wanted so I air dried it and lamp dried it the past two days and figured I'd tear some a bit finer and gravity fed the Pietenpauw Craggy Billiard Fisherman pipe with the African bamboo shank, mighty tasty smoke.

20. psquared

Grasmere in a MM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.