1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

MD, some peoples taste is all in their mouth. Wait...in this particular case, never mind. You got beat by some dude who boiled his? :shead:;)

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Since I only just lit this bowl of Penzance up, I am dedicating it to Randy's Kicked Butt! Way to go, MDaws!!
    bdp

(Too bad you got smoked by Jedi, though...)

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , what a busy three days I've had . didn't smoke near as much as I would have liked but still got in some pipes ! I just finished a bowl of China Black Fire Cured [ CBFC ] in my Basil Meadows Touched by God pipe and it was super fantastic to wrap that bowl up at midnight . It's official I love CBFC ! I might like it better than Altadis Z50 Black Cordial and IRC Buttered Rum [ My two favorite American style aros ] ] .... Man ! What a smoke :thu: The roomnote is off the chart as well

Jeez , I just remembered the wifes vans starter died at the IGA store . So much for taking it easy tomorrow :rolleyes:

4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Edit: Nevermind, everything I said here sounded petty.

psquared, fishnbanjo, YAPPG and 2 others like this.
  5. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

So, after a nice, nutty and somewhat sweet smoke of SWR, with the odd earthy note, I'm onto 1792 in the straight Dip. This tobacco has been a strange one for me, but tonight I didn't dry it much and it's giving me a nice change of pace. I still wouldn't smoke it all the time, but it might find a place in my cellar, at least for a few tins...

6. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

She really earned it. She was cooking on such a piece of junk old Weber, while taking care of a baby and cooking inside and making homeade ice cream. And hers tasted really really good. Mine scored very high on tenderness and smoke and looks, but lost on flavor.

7. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Never got back out to take a second pass at the lawn with the reel mower. Friends dropped by, so we sat, smoked, and shot the breeze the rest of the afternoon. Had a tin of Petersons Special Reserve 2011 open and it got dipped in to more than a couple of times.
    BST Compact Little Brute is doing a fine job of burning Princes Street nice and slow.
    11C(52F)H78%

8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Got lots to do tonight. Started with ten Russians in the Dip, in hopes of putting some wind in the sails early. The coffee was strong enough but the will is weak. maybe it's time for the OJK, should have started with that one as the 10 Ruskies only made me want to go back to bed. I'm running low on the OJK. Hoping my CH care package arrives from Georgia Before the OJK runs out. I've decided that burley is THE best way to start a day. It is good to have a follow up but Burley really is an important part of the breakfast of champions.

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Cob #4 is now on the go with the Patriot and SG Chocolate Flake. I'm getting some nice cocoa notes and it's burning nicely, though some annoying gusts are complicating things with the Old Boy. Still, a great follow-up in flavour to the 1792's tonquin.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Red Sox lead the Angels 7-3 in the 9th. I'm drinking ice water chilled to the proper temperature, getting ready to listen to MLB talk on the XM, and work as I smoke Edgeworth Slices (thanks Highstump) in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule. I'm down to about half an ounce of ES now, but I'll stretch out the experience as long as I can.

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Petey Greene and I are having some LTF and eye's T in the BGM with vaguely filtered well water cubes chilled to better than room temperature(since I have the wrong thermometer, and it needs to be autoclaved now:doh:) watching "Let there be Rock", a 1980 AC/DC concert movie....guess I should be smoking the AIC instead, well maybe the next bowl

12. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

GE in an Omega, Arnold Palmer on the side. The Arnold Palmer matched nicely with the GE.

13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, I finished the 5 with MacB Navy Flake in the Great Dane Spool and it was decent. Definitely a good Cob-a-thon, even with the wind and rain that came along with it. And so to bed!

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got some Red Kake going in the GBD Tanzania meer :bing:

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

A good job of work, Jdto! :appl:

Thuber88, psquared, MDaws79 and 3 others like this.
  16. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

have moved back to the OJK, keeping the Billy Budd for back up. OJK and the cob were made for each other. The cob, OJK, a second cup of jet fuel coffee, and I, have a lot of work to do tonight. Being self employed has a lot of advantages. The major draw back is that part of you never quits working or thinking about work.

17. JimInks

Now, I'm smoking Great Outdoors in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. More ice water to drink.

18. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium.

19. JimInks

Last smoke before bed is Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe.

20. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Drove to Mt Airy yesterday for a nice visit with my sister Pat and brother-in-law Don. Not sure what's up with the truckers, but had 2 different ones try to come over on me while passing them. One had me on the rumble strips by the time I got around him. But other than that, and the rain, and the construction, it was a nice trip! Had a great dinner with homemade gravy and cubed steak, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, stewed tomatoes and homemade biscuits. Desert was crushed lemon cake. Then a wonderful evening sitting, talking, and having a pipe with Don.
    Now there is CH in a Derringer and Maxwell House in the cup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.