What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Plumcake in a Cavicchi Author ...

[​IMG]

Plumcake is usually for Fridays but I've gotten behind this week.

Alas, this combo isn't working too well. By all rights I should love this pipe, but it mutes the hell out of any tobacco smoked in it. The culprit is the narrow chamber, I think.

LBF will be next up in this pipe. If the flavor of that one doesn't come through, I'll have to move on to more drastic measures like RB Plug.

2. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Ha, ha, and double ha. I be thrilled. The wifely one and I took the spice dog for a walk. I checked the mail on my way back and found something that had been there since friday after noon. My care package from Ruffinogold. Carter hall and SWR. I would be jumping up and down but I still weigh 200lbs and have neighbours down stairs. It is 03:30hrs.

On the very rare occasion that you can find it, this stuff cost $27 to 30$ up here, for a 1 & 1/2 oz pouch or box.

Thanks to Ruffinogold I'm in pig heaven. Carter Hall for breakfast. I think I will end the night with SWR. This will be a trip down memory lane. Haven't smelled this stuff for many years. Another favourite with my granddad's cronies.

3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

H&H Acadian Perique in the Cob Snob to start Sunday off

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

I, too, have started the day with Plum Cake--burning it in the little meer apple. First black coffee of the day going down the hatch. Gotta make breakfast and head to town. Have to deliver a repaired computer later on and the B&M that carries PPP is on the way; hope they are open today!

5. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all,

Been enjoying University Flake in a Falcon / Plymouth Meer lines rustic.

Smokey, Morse, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  6. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

No pipe yesterday, but today I'm feeling ok so I will try a cob full of CH in a few minutes. The coffee is brewing and I'm loading the cob. Forgot to mention in yesterday's post that, when we were at the Warf for lunch, I found that the little local B&M, tobacconist, Cig Shop had gone out of business. It won't be too much of a loss as I order most of my tobacco on-line anyway, but I could always depend on them to have several Lane bulks and some OTC's on hand. I supported them by buying RLP-6, pipe cleaners, butane and an OTC pouch or two occasionally. They also had a nice selection of MM Cobs.

7. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

H&H in a 36s Eldorado/coffee.

8. Marker

Marker Active Member

Dunhill EMP in my DG royalton. Lukewarm coffee. It is early morning. Felt right.

9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Coffee's done, warming up left-over pizza for breakfast (of champions!). Got some Velvet going in the Pete 305.

Smokey, Morse, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Whoa, where the hell did last night go? I'm still not fully awake nor is one leg remotely cooperating this morning even the Frankenstein walk is favorable over this, coffee is splashing hither and yon, trying to make it with a pipe outside, if I don't come back call 1 800 Levihlp if you can speak Weimaraner, thanks. Good morning PSFer's. Now what pipe and tobacco????????? :ccup:

Artistik, Morse, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  11. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Very rainy day here in South Korea. Tough entertaining a 2 year old all day, but we made it. I thought I'd give my wife a break and go out to dinner, so I asked my little girl what she wanted... french fries! No sweetie, you can't have that for dinner, what else would you like? Fish! Ok, we can do fish. So we went down to the sea and had an awesome dinner, rain had subsided and left a low dark cover of clouds over the water and mountains. Perfect night for some Nightcap in the Savinelli Trevi 626 and Lady Grey tea. Just finishing that up now, pondering if I should have another bowl of something...

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning All. Happy Sunday. Starting today off with some of dBears Early Morning Pancake in a no-name Tomato. Will prolly follow that up with some real waffles soon. Pg tips in the mug.

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Hey John, you done anything over at P&C? Some of my tobbaco is back in stock but i've just not felt like ordering anything from them this month.

surlysoul, dBear, JimInks and 2 others like this.
  15. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Mornin all. Enjoying some Nightcap in a Savory's Argyll on the porch with a café. The weather is nice and breezy right now so I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I'm thinking back to back bowls.

SidStavros, Morse, surlysoul and 14 others like this.
  16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I did last week and they got order processed and shipped right away - no problem
    for me shipping time is a day faster since they moved

+
    i notice they have sold 8 of 12 pipes of mine - just hope that they order more from me soon

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Well done :gjob: We all hope so, too. You may just have a 'round the clock opperation going on soon.:)

18. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

Last bowl for the night, FVF in a Savinelli Oscar Lucite prince.

Morse, surlysoul, dBear and 12 others like this.
  19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

After a nice smoking day, I ended my baseball marathon with CH in my new Graybow Savoy. This morning, still in grief over the Phils national tv disaster, I could only smoke one pipe: Irish Oak.nbg

Smokey, Morse, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  20. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Like you, I haven't ordered anything from P&C. Still waiting to see if they really get their act together.

dBear, JimInks, FlatbushPaul and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.