What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

R-Blend in a Grabow Omega...and more Earl Grey...

psquared, Morse, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  2. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Sunday afternoon--by myself and going to take an afternoon rest on the porch with a Boswell & a BST. Going to enjoy some Mellow Mallard and clear my mind from all the garbage that went into it through the week.:byg::bing:

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

So far today a little snuff and two bowls of Kendal Dark - one in the Savinelli prince on the way to the library, one in the Ben Wade billiard just a few minutes ago on the way home. Good smokes. This may be a long day if I can stay on top of everything I need to do.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were fed early by m'lady, and have been living dolls ever since! I was helping the neighbor out with some stuff, and since I was in his house, I smoked something his wife would like: Brigadier Black Waterloo (thanks Rekamepip) in a slightly rusticated 1980 Rossi 1886 Visconte 245 OomPaul. Now, I'm home, and smoking the last of this sample of Year 1998 Orlik Golden Slices (thanks FishnBanjo) in an undated medium bend big bowl rusticated Sienna colored Estella with a pearl grey stem. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Phillies have a 2-0 lead over the Braves in the second.

5. jwh891

jwh891 Active Member

Hal of the Wynd in a MM Legend with a cup of coffee on the side.

6. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Sunday afternoon......still humid. Black Shag in a DG Freehand.

7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Three Nuns in my trusted Squat Tomato, sweet iced tea with a fresh lemon wedge to drink. Humidity is pretty thick waiting for the next band of rain.

psquared, PipeSimmo, Morse and 16 others like this.
  8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Back home and unpacking. Just finished a bowl of Shortcut to mushrooms in a Peterson rusticated bulldog and now I am going to have Frog Morton Cellar in a Stanwell bulldog.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

:th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: :th1: !!!

10. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

I haven't tried the Whiskey in several years. Truth is, I've never cared for any aromatic like CB or BR. Always loved smelling them burn in someone else's pipe, just not my own.
    After listening and reading what good things were being said about BR, I had to try it again. The No.8 blend is 40% Black Cavendish and 60% Virginia with a nut and vanilla flavouring. I'm about finished with my first bowl of No.8 and I'm pretty impressed. The tobak in Borkum Riff seems a bit different now than in years past. Not nearly as hot or biting, or it could be my dim memory. Regardless, this is a good smoke, imo. One I plan on returning to again.

I plan on giving the Whiskey Blend a go. Maybe my local Rite-Aid carries it. PAD. It's a good thing.

User4408, user3221, psquared and 11 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

YUM!

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

My body is wrecked with soreness :( I don't know what the heck I did to myself yesterday [ Josephs 6th birthday party ] but I'm not moving very well .. lol . I grilled a bazillion Chicken Thighs ... we cook them in the oven first saturated in bbq sauce ... then I take them to a hot grill and caramelize them with bbq sauce [ I used sweet Baby James this time ] . They fall apart pretty much and are a bit sticky , sweet and smokey .... my grilled chicken rocks ! Anyway , it's beyond humid outside and I've been inside drinking coffee . I'm passed the SWR/Cob/Coffee part of the day , sadly . Sparked up some SP BC in a Tinderbox bent Pot Meer lined ...... fantastic ! A couple of Aleve tablets and I'll be good to go in a half hour :th1:

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Basil does wonders with tomatos.
    Got some Dark English Full of McC's in the Apple. Iced lemonaded to drink.

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

educated guess: you got into the whiskey afterwards to unwind after all that excitement :buds:

Basil Meadows, YAPPG, Morse and 8 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Heine's Blend (thanks, Rekamepip!) in my Tom Howard pot dog. Coffee to wake up with.

User4408, psquared, MDaws79 and 12 others like this.
  16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

warm and sunny in the YorkShire, watered the Plantation this morning smoking Gawith & Hoggarth's Black Cherry and Cherry and Vanilla mix with the WHC Curlynob Meer lined Briar as the "yard pipe"
    [​IMG]
    Batch 1 Lizard Tail Orinoco's
    [​IMG]
    Batch 1 Black Sea Basma's, the first one to open it's flowers I'll let carry on for next years seed, and top the rest, the roof is now used as a wind baffle but the bottom panels are still free, to water through
    [​IMG]
    Batch 2 LTO's in next doors garden
    [​IMG]
    Batch 2 BSB's in mine
    [​IMG]
    the pace has slacked off a little, time for a long slow smoke, and watch them grow
    [​IMG]
    the Bike garage has been emptied and King-span insulated on all walls roof and door, there's a space in the big back shed for the Bike but it's back in the Tobacco Barn at the moment, so maybe photo's tomorrow ? when I start to wire up, here's the thermostat and humistat
    [​IMG]
    though as an experiment I rolled a big green leaf up in a towel and left it on the car dash in the sun for a couple of days
    [​IMG]
    I've put it with some of the dried leaves from the top shed to Ferment at the moment,
    but they shure smell like Tobacco !
    I've finished the Black Cavendish steamer and my smoker just need a galvanised ash dustbin for the smoke chamber and at the moment I'm on with cutting up some 2 1/2" stainless steel pipe off cuts (another Blag) from a local firm that installs hand rails. into press moulds one idea is to press a hollow core then fill the hollow with smoked Black Cavendish re-press and try for my (the Bear's) own "Bulls Eye's"

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Wicker Man - FANTASTIC!

I guess I'm just feeling burleyish 'cause now I'm on to Classic Burley Kake in the big Rekamepip maple tank.

User4408, psquared, MDaws79 and 11 others like this.
  18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sounds nice, you need one of these bad boys! [​IMG]

Thus far chicken smoked and bbq'd, roast pork, pulled pork, swordfish and Kansas City Ribs have graced their way to our table, great investment! :thu:

Mixture 965 in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob with diet Gingerale on the side.

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Phillies lead the Braves 7-3 in the 7th. Thanks to Mount Mandolin, I'm smoking PH Special Curly Cut with added (by me) perique in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton.

20. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Velvet in my POY...

Smokey, psquared, PipeSimmo and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.