What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Just inside for a quick break from mowing. Davidoff Flake Medallions in an anonymous bent meerschaum. Crushed ice with a slice or three of lime. Checking emails for some information that was promised to me by this morning but still isn't here. I'll finish this pipe and then load up another MM Legend with Prairie Wind and go back to mowing. Something about having a pipe going and having to concentrate on the speed of a reel mower is a great way to chill when I'm feeling a little grouchy.
    19C(66F)H58%

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm glad you're using a real mower today instead of an imaginary one like you used yesterday. Personally, I thought that was kind of silly. :)

psquared, highstump, MDaws79 and 9 others like this.
  3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! I'm taking a break from the beach. So, I've loaded and lit a Dunhill Flake Medallion in my MM CG with a Forever Stem. Drinking a made from scratch Arnold Palmer ( thanks Tina (I think)). Puff on PSFers!

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

That was so good, I'm doing it again. Classic Burley Kake, this time in a DGE briar poker.

What the heck are you doing in Florida, Lucky? Just a random road trip?

5. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Texas, Adios (1967)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

while i am smoking: Briar Patch Natural Dutch Cavendish. [​IMG]

6. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Family vacation! I'll be hear 'till next Saturday. It's Daisy, the ducklings, my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law, and his family. We've rented a (big) house. There's a three minute walk to the gulf. I thought about coming down through Nashville, and seeing if we could connect, but there was so much road construction that way. So, we came another way.

I've just about finished off the DFM. Next, I'm thinking KK in a cob. Happy Sunday smoking everyone!

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Sweet! I bet the ducklings are loving it! Have a great one. :thu:

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Lol ... actually , I didn't drink a drop yesterday . We had Rolling Rock , Lindemans Sharaz and a small variety of booze ............ I only drank Coca Cola :eek: .... I think my body is in shock from the lack of alcohol . I have a Zino Platinum waiting to be paired with a Whiskey :ohyh: .
    Fixin to run to the dollar general for cat food and gonna smoke the Grabow and some MB Symphony for the trip

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves made up for last night's win by playing like crap today. I'm half way through this bowl of half way through a bowl of Great Outdoors in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. A can of 7-Up is my drink. It hasn't rained so far today, but I do wonder how long our luck will last?

10. ruffinogold

Oh yeah , man ! A friend of mine has one of those and I cooked the beer can [ PBR ] up the chicken butt thing ... it was incredible ! We also grilled Salmon on it ! You can tweak those to achieve any temp and maintain it way beyond the capabilities of any other grill .. plus , they cook perfectly even ! Awesome ! They cost a serious amount of money . I saw one the other day and it was 1200 bucks . My Char Broil grill/smoker is pretty good and I've got it down but it's way more maintenance and not nearly as even over hours of cooking .

11. ruffinogold

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!! Your hard work paid off !!! Man , I'm very happy for you .... everything looks fantastic !

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Thanks dbear!

I was right. My next pipe is KK in a cob. An MM Spoolcob, to be more specific. I've switched my drink to ice water. One of the ducklings and one of the nephews have fallen asleep on the couch watching tv, after having spent a large portion of the limitless energy in the water earlier. Everyone else is back at the beach. So, now is quiet time. Enjoy what's left of Sunday everyone.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ruff, I don't know what all kitchen herbs and such you grow in the garden....but I bet even if you don't have it fresh, you got some dried rosemary on hand somewhere.....

All I gotta say is if you like chicken, cut up and skewer some chicken (thighs or proper dark meat is best, but breasts work too)

Rub olive oil all over it and put on plenty of rosemary chopped up fine. Add some garlic and black pepper and let it marinate for a little while

Just before grilling it, sprinkle on some coarse salt. Right before it's done cooking, sprinkle on some lemon juice

This stuff is awesome, and the seasoning works amazingly well for lamb, too

14. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Burley London blend in a cob.

15. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Yup, those imaginary gasoline mowers do an imaginary job of cutting the lawn properly. The real reel mower does a real job of cutting the lawn. The lawn has now been really cut and finished. Well through a very healthy G&T, what was your first clue... LEO that has a touch of Grousemoor from the pouch in a BST Christmas pipe.
    20C(68F)H47%

16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I always wondered why you would leave your reel unattended to for so long that it needed mowing to get the fuzz off:msty:

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Sugar barrel in a MM CG.

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Cambridge Flake in the Proto-Type 2 black rock pipe. Red Rose Tea in the mug.

19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Very nice Sevket! Love it!
    Wicker Man - this is so cool seeing those plants grow. Thanks for your posts!
    Lucky Duck - have big fun in Florida!

These sunday 12 hour shifts suck big time, just came home and NOOOOW a pipe, finally.
    Going to smoke some G.L Pease Laurel Heights in a Peterson. :bing:

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Sticking with my Burley mood, I'm giving C&D Burley Flake #3 (thanks, PipeSimmo) a second go, in the Tom Howard pot dog. This stuff was really harsh to me the first time, so I'm approaching it more gingerly. Man, this stuff is still really harsh at the top of the bowl. I snork it and the nasal passages just close up and go, "No more!" Hopefully, it will smooth out and settle down by mid bowl like last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.