What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Watched the Phils get revenge for their heavy beating last night. While watching, I filled the house with a lot of smoke. First was Irish Oak in a mm CG that I reserve for this blend. Rare for me in the afternoon, but I only had one pipe this morning so I needed it. Then came Con. Choice in a Peterson I reserve for this blend. Wish I could remember what model it is. The Peterson blends then continued with Luxury Blend in a mm Country Gentleman (not the one I smoked earlier). Third smoke was Blue Note in a mm Diplomat. Man it tasted good. Finished the game with MB Honey & Chocolate in a Baraccini bent my wife bought me at a Woodside NJ B&M back at Christmas, 1990. I'm currently dedicating this pipe to that blend. For years I dedicated that pipe to Irish Cream or Vanilla blends. It burnt and bit like Hades! But with the MB blend, it smokes like a dream.

2. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

I will be smoking: in about 2 min:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SG FVF in my MM Bent Great Dane spool cob & sipping on some Hazelnut coffee with cream & sugar (3 sugars....) in my favorite Cracker Barrel coffee mug ~~~ (the one w. the checkers board resting on a barrel as a table.)

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates and Cubs are going to the 11th, tied 3-3. I'm breaking out a good smoking, long neglected pipe for the next hour or so. Moments away from lighting up Virginia Spice in a black 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash. I'd get up out of this chair and go work, but Suzy's sound asleep by my side, and I hate to disturb her. But if I don't work, she don't eat. Now, how to explain that to her?

Btw, it looks like it's about to rain again. Stormy, can't you take one day off?

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm sorry, I thought it was just me experiencing it like that - I really thought a guy from Nashville could take the full burley boost...:oops:

Edit: I thought I real Bear from Nashville could bear up against a full burley boost.

5. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Got my consulting job done--had a bowl of OJK in the POY on the drive there and two bowls of CH in same on the way back. Sadly, the tobacconist was closed, so no PPP. In for the evening now and I'm thinking for something different some SL in the paneled meer billiard.

6. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

C&D's Kelly's Coin in a MM Diplomat with some of the missus' excellent iced tea on the side. :puffy:

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Whew! That was a little bit of a chore to get through. But it didn't break my Burley mood, so I'll move slightly to the side and smoke Pirate Kake (thanks, YAPPG!) in the black rock cob. ;)

8. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Great job on the plants Wicker Man! And that 'stash is lookin awesome!

9. highstump

highstump Active Member

Now that you mention it, yes there was. Much like that old grey mare, my geezer memory just ain't what used to be. :old:
    Best Brown Flake (rubbed out on account of you know me and flake tobacco). :( All wrapped up in a Peterson 120.

10. highstump

highstump Active Member

You mean she let you forget it? :eek:
    Lucky man......

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I talked to the store manager and I'll deal with it Monday morning ... a tow is gonna cost extra on a Sunday so they let me slide :th1:It's gonna make tomorrow a hectic day ... kids have swimming lessons , then day camp , I gotta meet a realtor , meet the tow dude and paint a chimney . It's gonna be a Monday of blues .. lol

12. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

GH Dark Plug in a Radice Rind.

13. highstump

highstump Active Member

OK...if you can talk the manager into letting you slide on the parking it should be easy money talking him into taking the kids to swimming lessons and day camp. Next, send the tow dude to meet with the realtor which just leaves the chimney. Now, I'm thinking if it was that easy to forget the van then forgetting to paint a chimney should be child's play.

Calendar clear...enjoy your nap. :dkn:

14. highstump

highstump Active Member

Now before I get tossed out of here I have to tell Wicker Man that after seeing all these photos of his place and surrounding area, I'm ready to move in. Just let me know where to put my stuff. :beck:

15. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

PS LBF in my Sav Estella billiard.
    *old people sunglasses rule!:thu2:
    [​IMG]

16. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Awesome ... it's a plan I'm going with !!!

MB Symphony / The Grabow / Coffee

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Stumpy, you are a modern day Tom Sawyer! :appl:

18. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

My first bowl of that had me laid out in the floor. Sweating. Hiccups.

I gave it away to a former hardcore cigarette smoker.

19. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Wow. The next time I'm tempted to feel like I've accomplished something worthwhile from a DIY perspective, I'll know better. That's just awesome.

Old Codger, Thuber88, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  20. highstump

highstump Active Member

Mington, the only thing "old people" that doesn't rule is carrying extra napkins around with you to wipe your chin with. That part actually kind of stinks. Getting a few bucks off at the all you can eat oatmeal bar is nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.