1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature is my drink.

2. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Evening folks. Having the last of a far too small amount of the great blend Kingfisher. Smoking it in a Dunhill Shell LBS from '62. Again, I thank Nesta very much for so generously providing a sample of this "unicorn" blend. It, unfortunately, deserves all the hype it gets.

Working my way through Byron's epic work "Don Juan", pronounced Don Joo-an. Funny and excellent stuff.

3. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Just pulled in from a wonderful fourth of july weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful time with your families.

Headed to Memphis Thursday...anyone aware of any good B&M's there?

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Hello Late shift! I was laying in bed tossing and turning and kept thinking that Bob's chocolate flake would be really good. So here I am, sitting in my back yard pipe lounge smoking two things that I have not had in awhile, MD mix in the Missouri Meershaum straight legend with factory stem.
    As I am smoking this I can't believe it has been so long since. The smooth chocolate on the snork is absolutely wonderful.

Also..welcome to the forum Ursa!

Edit: 15 minutes in and i am realizing why I havn't smoked this legend in awhile. There is a firedance flake ghost in here.

5. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Started the day, a couple of hours ago, with SWR, in a cob, with my usual coffee smelling paint thinner. A truly wonderful way to start the day. Breakfast is long gone, the coffee is gone, the rootbeer is out but the SWR is still filling the air with its wonderful fragrance.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Black Lung in the Wally Frank upside down billiard and reflecting on the night JimInks actually didn't (I know this is hard to believe) didn't have ice for his iced tea . Ah, good times, good times... .:buds:

7. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

And who could forget the time that Walkinstick actually did not skip work on a monday!:buds:

Still Md mix in the FF ghost Legend

8. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yawn! Up early to get ready to head for a three day conference (sadly, it is held at a school campus, so no smoking anywhere on the premises). :( I forsee a number of daily drives! Anywho, have a bowl of Irish Oak going in the Pete 305 while tanking up on black coffee. I'm sure the two hour drive will involve a couple bowls of CH, probably in the POY. Have a great day, all.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I awoke, I piped, I'm caffeinated. Geez that's so freakin' sterile. Had a bowl of Naked Anni in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem, wasn't a perfect burn but it still tasted great, into PRM #2 of Khave, strong and black. Hope everyone out there in PSF land had a fine weekend, goof morning! :ccup:

10. mojo66

mojo66 Member

PS LBF in a Boswell Freehand.

11. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

#012 London Squire, in a bent and blasted freehand.

12. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Last evening I folded and stuffed a flake of PS LNF into the Falcon, and charred the top. I then got called away, and never got around to the smoke.
    While getting my morning coffee, I found the pre-loaded Falcon on the kitchen counter, and fired it up.
    It is without a doubt the most enjoyable bowl of LNF I've ever had. I think I'll be making this "mistake" again in the future.

Cheers

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 14 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Time for walkabout due to medical stuff today, hope the Tsuge Tankard holds up it's end of the bargain, bringing a couple of tobak's and will choose one there. may hear about the SL500 today! Woo Hoo.............

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 14 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    For my ride back into work on this sultry morning in NJ I'm lighting up some Steven Books First Pipe in a Sav Opera Billiard with my black coffee.

Happy Monday Smoking,
    Paul

Morse, User4408, dBear and 13 others like this.
  16. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Good morning, fellows.

Kendal Kentucky in a Country Gent.

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 13 others like this.
  17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Smoked CH and SWR in cobs yesterday. Awoke this morning to 76*F and 70%humidity, so decided on Eastern Carolina Ribbon in a CG and coffee to start the day.

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 12 others like this.
  18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Five AM here, work is done but not ready for the sack. Time to switch from SWR to Billy Budd. Billy and I often watch movies together. He always wants to watch sea faring movies but I think its science fiction this morning, Sci-fi, Billy Budd in a diplomat, with ice cold root beer

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 10 others like this.
  19. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Watch 2 Year Old Baby Elizabeth Swim

De La Concha Marbella.

Morse, dBear, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  20. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

What do you mean...Old People sunglasses... I have several pr just like..uh, er, never mind.
    Having some CH in a Bullitt Proof P lip with Maxwell House.

Morse, dBear, Huby Springer and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.