1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Loading up a bowl of Red Kake in the Squatch volcano. Coffee on the side. Very glad Jedi's mom is okay. Hope F&B gets his SL500 back today. I'm worried about the temp on JimInks drink without the icebergs.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 11 others like this.
  2. fordy

fordy Member

Evening all.
    Sweltering here in the Shire. Struggled in the heat all day with this:

[​IMG]

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

I just want to say thank you for covering up the obscenity at the bottom of that tin in the photo. :appl: This post is not meant to be humorous.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening all,
    Finally the sun has set and it's not unbearably hot anymore - so off to the balcony for a long smoke of Motzek's #93 in a Sevket Gezer.

[​IMG]

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

No worries. The glass was a frosty mug, much like Dwaugh! (Uh oh, I can see moderation coming this way!)

Da rest of ya mugs better lissen up. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter, see. But it doesn't sit on a roll like dBear, see. Dat we would hate to see, see.

A bottle of Cheerwine chilled to the proper temperature is my drink. It was nuzzled between two big icebergs to insure that. Myeah!

6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Marker's Blend in a MM Patriot with a Forever Stem.

Morse, Lucky Duck, jason1977 and 15 others like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Shout out to Spillproof! :D

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:toast:

surlysoul, MDaws79, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

50/50 Beeswax and Vaseline :- melt wax over a low heat in a spoon when melted double volume by adding Vaseline, pour into an empty small tin (snuff tin ideal) allow to set, take a small ball about 1/4" diameter (experiment for size) and rub between finger and thumb for 30 sec. when melted, softened, pinch through one side of "Tash" then comb through to even out and then do the same for the other side, then finger and thumbs of both hands pinch and pull through with a final twist and curl at the ends. It's better if you let the whole "Tash" grow and not trim to upperlip. You can add a couple of drops of perfume at the melt in spoon stage if you like I some times add Vetiver :byg:

[​IMG]

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Who's that again ? :beck:

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Mark, make sure Jedi tells her mom to stay hydrated on the antibiotics, wishing for a speedy recovery. Just had a bowl of Revor in the original MM Diplomat with the Wellington Forever Stem, long day and having a double Cuban espresso on the side.

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

that and No Beer ! all spare money has gone into wood, screws, netting, pot's and lots of Compost not to mention Thermostat, Humistat ! but if it all pays off it should give me an easy run next year ?

Here's a Question :-
    Do you have to Ferment after Colour Curing ?
    Or can you go straight to Blocking ? (bring into case, strip main rib, shred, add binder (Whiskey, Honey, Maple syrup) then compress into Blocks ?
    with 4,274 members someone on PSF should know ?
    Or am I in the wrong Forum ? :toast:

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Started the morning with a long slow Gawith and Hoggarth's Black Cherry and Cherry and Vanilla mix in the Rekamepip Special Black Stone pipe
    [​IMG]
    another warm sunny day in the Yorkshire, 105*F in the top shed but only 35% Humidity so sprayed the leaves and hung them out side
    [​IMG]
    77*F in the shade but only 54% Humidity, so gave them a spray each time I passed, watered the Plantation same Tobacco mix but the "old" Jambo Meer as "yard pipe"
    [​IMG]
    move the Motorbike into the big back garden shed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's the front garden Tobacco Curing Barn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here's the winner of first Black Sea Basma Turkish to flower, just over 8 foot and the Prize ? it get's to set seed for next year, all the rest get topped !
    [​IMG]

14. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Well, to hell with that noise! You're local public houses must have had to lay off staff without your "support". ;)

15. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Louisiana Flake in the Ser Jacopo maxima maxima.

16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Breaking with ny

surlysoul, YAPPG and fishnbanjo like this.
  17. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Having some Tinderbox Midnight in the POY, can anyone confirm that it's really BCA?, seems like it might be to my uneducated tongue, tasty either way

18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Apologies for that last message, ruddy mobile phone posting too early. It meant to say:

Breaking with my usual ritual of a flake last thing at night and getting stuck into some Plum Cake in the Parker Jockey Club.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 11 others like this.
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Oh hell I thought it was a session of name that pipe! ;) Going to give some Honey & Chocolate a go in the newly arrived Altinok Meerschaum Classic Series Ball.

[​IMG]

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

DTM Milonga.

Morse, Lucky Duck, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.