1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! I'm DGTing a bowl of PS LNF in the DGE roar Nosewarmer from yesterday afternoon. Drinking coffee black. The house is beginning to stir. Have a nice day.

Morse, MDaws79, dBear and 13 others like this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Morning, fellows.

Bayou Morning in a Sav Auto.

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 11 others like this.
  3. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm in the mood for a nice Virginia, so it's Wessex Brigade Campaign, in a Dunhill Group 6 Ring Grain Billiard with black coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 12 others like this.
  4. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Ashton Winding Road.

Lucky Duck, Morse, dBear and 12 others like this.
  5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Morning started off normally. Brewed up Russian tea, filled large Peterson system pipe with Irish Oak, then read and puffed away. But then what for my second smoke? Smoked a lot of CG last night during the Phillies win, so I grabbed the Bull Run and stuffed it in a mm cob. The mild flavor worked well this morning.

6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I have stubbornly resisted buying DDLNR, figuring it's probably pretty much the same as Escudo. And I already have a huge stash of Escudo. But posts like yours are giving me an itchy trigger finger.

Oh well, it won't hurt to get just one little old tin. And my wife will immediately order me to jar the contents so she can claim the posh tin for her art supplies. She's an expert on the virtues of jarring, and airs her expertise frequently.

DGT'ing some Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish in a Cavicchi ... luscious.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 15 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I don't know if the Mac Baren Navy Flake did supreme justice to the Maigurs Knets Calabash or the the Calabash to the tobacco, either way it was truly sublime, finishing the accompanying PRM of Jamaican Blue Mountain and giving 5 of my cobs the scotch, scrub and ream treatment.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 13 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:puffy::ccup:

Caffeine and Nicotine to get rid of the morning fuzzy

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 15 others like this.
  9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Alternating between GLP Laurel Heights and Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish, both in their respective Cavicchi Authors ...

[​IMG][​IMG]

And that's their new baby brother, a Savinelli Baronet Bruyere 315 EX, the crowning jewel of my recent order from P&C. Notice how carefully he's studying his big brothers, learning what to do when he grows up into an adult pipe.

This 315 is a monster, having reincarnated from a previous life as a soup ladle. My unsteady hand measures its chamber diameter at 0.93". The proportions on this beast are stunning. I think they show up pretty well here

[​IMG]

I had to overshoot my pipe spending goal of $50 by nine dollars. But what the hell. Baby Bruno is worth every penny of it.

As a responsible Dad I'll get him started off on the right foot with alternating bowls of Mixture and Va. No. 1, until he has a nice, even, glistening cake. Then he's on his own.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 18 others like this.
  10. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I hope you ran into your neighbor

[​IMG]

while she was out on her balcony getting a bit of fresh air.

Marshalling your best tenor voice, you could alway try a little operetta magic on her:

Du hast mich bezaubert
    Du hast mich betört
    Wie Hashhish und purpurner Wein

Does the modern German woman go in for such things, or would she tend to respond frostily?

DGT Laurel Heights in a Cavicchi ...

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 13 others like this.
  11. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Good morning all! Starting the day with some PA in the Rusty Rhodes with Maxwell House. Thinking of getting some shop time in before having to go to work. After one more cup, lol.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Smokey and 14 others like this.
  12. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Starting off with some Penzance in a Comoy naked root bulldog and drinking coffee.

13. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Going to be hot and humid here today, calling for 100 and it is currently 71% humidity, I may try to spend some time in the shop this morning.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a little " Mello Root" Italian billiard that I dug out of the junk box an fit with about a 6 inch stem. Loaded it with Va# 1 and trying it out. I think it will make a great flake pipe.

So far so good, just enough coffee to keep the spiders away. ;)

Lucky Duck, Morse, Smokey and 11 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

No, I haven't :( - I think she moved, haven't seen her in weeks... [​IMG]

The song you've mentioned is really beautiful, but most of the times I stick to "Dein ist mein ganzes Herz" even though both of this songs are a little bit too high for me, as I am a baritone.
    Do you know the version of the german Caruso "Fritz Wunderlich"? My top favorite tenor.

No pipe for me - too damn hot, I'll have to wait for the sunset.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'm going to join you with the Laurel Heights - in a black rock cob
    (Thanks again rekamepip for this rockin' combustion engine! :nwor: )

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 11 others like this.
  15. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

First Pipe of the Day in the SMS Lattice Billiard.

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 10 others like this.
  16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Sorry to hear this......
    I hope you get a new neighbor of same bra size, standards,

edit:
    that is more friendly and smokes a pipe
    (sure would like to get a photo of a smokin hot blonde puffin on a rock cob )

Lucky Duck, MDaws79, dBear and 8 others like this.
  17. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Nice long walk with a couple of MM Legends loaded with Essence of Vermont this morning. Weybridge in an anonymous bent meerschaum accompanied by overproof illy coffee from the press. 12C(54F)H77%

Lucky Duck, Morse, MDaws79 and 11 others like this.
  18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I will try my best! :thu2:
    [​IMG]

Lucky Duck, dBear, JimInks and 9 others like this.
  19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Please try HARDER :beyes:

20. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I would like to second that request in the strongest manner possible.:laff:

I seem to have flipped back to day shift. This always gets me confused regarding day and date, so the wifely one bought me a watch that tells me what day of the week it is. I'm always a day ahead or a day behind.
    Started the day on the roof. Quiet and cool with SWR in the Pete and the usual mug of rocket fuel java. For me that is the best part of the day. I start out completely numb and don't come back down stairs until the brain is firing at least six cylinders and I know what I must do regarding the writing. Sometimes I spend the first half hour separating my dreams from what I'm writing. I don't dare start work before separating the two. Surrealism is a hard sell these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.