What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

6937148436_2087aef46b_z.01.ROCK.jpg ? :laff::xd:

Lucky Duck, dBear, Degenetron and 6 others like this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Moved on to Night Train in a L'Anatra blasted apple.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:shead:

getting closer but yet still not exactly what i had in mind

now don't get me wrong - - - i can appreciate the tan~ness`ness of your other neighbor
    but the teeth just don't get it

i was thinking more like the woman that fishnbanjo posts

Morse, dBear, David Emond and 5 others like this.
  4. krusty

krusty Active Member

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Dark Flake Unscented in my Savinelli "Sherwood" 6011.

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 10 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I remember the old Troost slices. It was really a good smoke. Tried the recent in that free pouch deal and what I got was more rubbed out than anything and wasn't very good at all.

Morse, surlysoul, dBear and 5 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

mental cleansing with a bundle of fresh picked sage, full cup of coffee and a pipe filled with sinphony

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 13 others like this.
  7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Morning all. Sipping on some old Anni Kake in the cherrywood cob. Sipping on some Pg tips in a mug, too.

surlysoul, Old Codger, dBear and 11 others like this.
  8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout was iffy, I was a stumble bum the whole time, my balance is out of kilter, Levi somehow came up limping, not bad but noticeable so I may need to give him a baby aspirin later. After 2 days of horrible pipe smoking conditions yesterday broke and it was a good ending. Today, however, has been surreal, not one smoke has been a disappointment, the Tsuge Tankard fed itself well on walkabout with the much extolled Telegraph Hill thanks to the HATE mail from FlatbushPaul, now I'll have another tobacco to add to the bulging cellar. Having a double Cuban espresso whilst sipping on the freshly cleaned, reamed and scotch scrubbed original MM Diplomat with the Wellington Forever Stem with a charge of Naked Anni, mmm wonderful smoking. :th1:

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 13 others like this.
  9. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

Mornin' YAPPG. I am just gonna sit down to some Barbados Plantation courtesy of Morse in my Hialeah.

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 9 others like this.
  10. Ursa

Ursa Member

Ah, PG Tips. You, sir, are a man among men. Perhaps we could share some Ty-Phoo someday.

Morse, surlysoul, dBear and 3 others like this.
  11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

If you go to your balcony late each evening and croon those tender lyrics in the style of Wunderlich, she will hear your cries and come running to calm your fevered heart. And 9 months later, the world will welcome its newest miracle, destined to become a pipe smoker of course. So do it for the cause, Simmo!

Thanks for that clip!

Fritz Wunderlich is a top favorite. One of my closest friends from the old days was a tenor in the Italian verismo style who introduced me to Wunderlich and gave me a copy of Durchs Land der Operette. The "Maske in Blau" on that album is the stunning masterpiece of music with voice IMHO. Next in line would have to be Giuseppe Di Stefano doing E lucevan le stelle.

Stanwell Melange in a Meerschaum ...

surlysoul, Old Codger, dBear and 8 others like this.
  12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] :whis:

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Those Troost Slices were fantastic. A whole different animal from the cavendish in pouches.

The old Troost cavendish from the 70's was an amazing tobacco. It had this sort of caramelized sugar thing going on, but it wasn't really sweet or syrupy at all. Just delicious! Unfortunately that flavor was completely missing in the later versions. That why I've got great (but probably unrealistic) hopes for the Stokkebye Aromatic Dutch Slices. One warning though: these Slices aren't really slices at all ... it's just an ordinary cavendish cut.

Still Melange in a Meerschaum ...

Morse, surlysoul, Tsal and 11 others like this.
  14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well my neighbors son, his wife and daughter are visiting from WA state and he brought me this freshly roasted coffee, Finca Las Florestales Maximino Guitierrez Colombian which I just ground and made a super cup to go with the Werner Mummert UFO pipe filled with Peter Stokkebye Curly Block aka the Salami with a light topping of Scotch Flake for some added spice, all I needed to make it pure heaven would be in the SL500 listening to Mario Lanza. :bow:

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

That's what I was thinking it would be. Let us know what it turns out to be. I wouldn't mind a small taste of that myself.

Morse, surlysoul, dBear and 6 others like this.
  16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I chose the Troost Special Cavendish and after sitting 6 weeks from when it was opened it smoked nicely, fresh, not so much but it doesn't hold a candle to Troost Slices which I have 4 tins of and smoke very skimpily, it's simply wonderful stuff.

Morse, surlysoul, Tsal and 6 others like this.
  17. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Fried egg and turkey sandwich for breakfast with coffee on the side while I did my Homework

Finishing up the bowls from last night (SWR and Scottish Cake) before school

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 9 others like this.
  18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

:xd::laff::haha::bangin::wedg: I agree! Too early in my day to be faced with something like that image.

surlysoul, dBear, JimInks and 4 others like this.
  19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some Peretti's London flake in the pete '52. Not bad, it's said to be McC's 2015, but not having tried 2015, I can't say. I didn't get the McC scent from it and very little taste of the perique. It has that fresh note that I like. Pleasent smoke so far. Just got a sample so need to smoke more bowls of it. More Pg tips added to the IV and snuck in a dip of Grizzly Wintergreen.

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

[​IMG]Dein ist mein ganzes Herz!![​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.