1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scopawl

scopawl Member

Just ordered one of these bad boys:
    [​IMG]

Taking advantage of the Invicta sale.

Smoking some of my "Odds and Ends" tin, which contains some Dunhill Flake, Escudo, Peterson's Sherlock Holmes, and assorted other scraps of tins that I've finished off recently.
    I seem to be getting through more tobacco than usual, looks like I'm going to have to place a TAD order to go with the new pipe!

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 14 others like this.
  2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Second bowl of McArrus in a Bullitt Proof, with the last of the coffee. Taking a short break from the shop and catching up on my reading.

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 10 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly are polar opposites today. Suzy is laying down, trying to catch some zzzzzzs, but Molly wants to play, so she's pawing at Suzy's tail. Wonder who will get their way? I got my way, thank to PipeSimmo, because I'm smoking HU Director's Cut in a smooth 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256. A bottle of Bubble Up soda is my drink.

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  4. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just had a bowl of Double Fantasy from 4noggins. Not my best smoke at all. debating throwing this stuff out.

Morse, surlysoul, Old Codger and 8 others like this.
  5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

It didn't sound all that good. I've been debating on Prairie Wind and Bald Headed Teacher. The Becks Limey Bastard never seems to be in when I have the cash, either. I'm wondering how the Vermont one is.

6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Diving in to some French Quarter in the TB Bent USR, and ice tea, very muggy out, might have to stay in until a needed cat food run much later in the day

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

MC FMC in the DGE Lacewood CG.

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

DUMP IT! Life's too short to smoke crap!

One of my Petes is packed with Dan's Ascanian#2 Sweet&Gentle (the bland blend :poke:) and ready to be lit. I know I will enjoy that one. :thu2:

9. JimInks

An excellent lunch and now on to another smoke. Dunbar in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. Listening to MB talk on the XM, and deciding on how to structure the rest of my day. Btw, Suzy wouldn't fall for Molly's "wake up" tactics, and Molly gave up trying to play and laid down next to her, and went to sleep. So much for high drama!

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  10. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

OGS in a my favorite Grabow Grand Duke...

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got a nice bowl of Black Lung going in the Sav Auto blobby pipe. First coffee refill. The plan for the day is to reduce my remnants pouch by several bowls. (Seems like I started that before and got sidetracked...)

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 8 others like this.
  12. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Enjoying some Escudo in a Country Gent with a black forever stem. Grilled cheese sammies in the works...

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I saw it in a google search before some months.

[​IMG]

McClelland Town Topic.

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Dinner and dessert is prepared:
    [​IMG]

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well Kidney wise I'm good, blood wise iffy which has been the case since kidney failure. My nephrologist asked what my oncologist thinks about it and I told her he's monitoring it and unless it drops below the threshold set we'll keep watching, if it drops he plans on a bone marrow biopsy.

Stopped in to see the SL500 on the way home, it winked and smiled at me. I was told it was finished and they could release it if I wanted it but they generally like to do a 75 mile road trip prior to releasing the vehicle, I thanked him and told him I had my Crosstour with me and couldn't drive both in any event. ;) Will pick it up tomorrow!

Having a PRM of Jamaican Blue Mountain with the Paul Becker (Germany) filled with McCranie's Red Ribbon 2008 Vintage. Delish! What a lovely day of piping today has been.

Morse, Artistik, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  16. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

oh yeah thats the one that taste bland ? hehe

User4408, surlysoul, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  17. dBear

dBear Active Member

:th1:

18. JimInks

Think I can use a short but of Best Brown #2 in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I see it's gotten cloudy out there. Could we have more rain? Only Stormy knows right now!

Morse, User4408, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

IT'S NOT BLAND - IT'S AWESOME - YOU JUST DON'T GET IT BECAUSE YOU'RE SNUFFING ALL THE TIME SO YOU CAN'T TASTE ITS SUBTLETY!
    :old: :booty:

User4408, Smokey, surlysoul and 9 others like this.
  20. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Dude .... you are so " The Man " ! :nwor: ... all hail Wickerman

Well , it was mine and Jennifers anniversary yesterday ! We didn't wake up till almost noon today .. [ I woke up just long enough to get kids settled and then passed back out ] ..... so , Life is real good today .

I just ate a late lunch and in a bit will light a bowl of MB Symphony in a cob and I'm gonna take pictures of my elec motors and stuff for pipe making etc .. I haven't set the shop up yet [ it's called being lazy and busy ] but I'll take pics of every thing individually so that any of you pipe restoring type dudes that are just getting going can maybe get ideas of how to put a pretty decent rigs together without spending hardly any money .. though I did blow a bunch of money on a Baldor buffer years ago cause I wanted something bad a** for the pipe shop .

So , I'm gonna wobble my butt up there , and if I don't drop out , will post a thread for you guys that are using tooth brushes and all kinds of labor intensive things that I cringe every time I read ... only cause I hate work , mind you .

Jeez , I'm tired from typing all that .... the thought of going to the barn is making me almost cry .. lol .. but I'll man up and Dooooooooo ittttttttt

Morse, Artistik, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.