What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spam

Spam Member

Carter Hall in a Chacom Cherrywood, which I've just noticed has a split in the bowl :(

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

I am supposed to be working, but I have decided to take a break from stalling and smoke some Penzance in a Comoy naked root bulldog.

3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Smoking my second ever bowl of Bulwark in a Tanzania Meer and wondering why in the hell an American blending house can't learn to make a flake like this. How hard can it be?

Morse, Snake, Old Codger and 12 others like this.
  4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Haven't been on much the last few days. Been smoking a lot of Burley London blend though. Between that and F&T Vintage flake, I've been a happy camper.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just finished the second 1/2 of the 965 in the Ilsted, you can see it has matured from the original photo of it with the student's pipe.

[​IMG]

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

M'lady is in a another town and asked if I wanted her to go to the local B&M (which is really a cigar company) and pick up some tobacco. I called the guy, and they didn't have anything I wanted, but the fella -who's 78 years old - is a pipe smoker of 63 years. I had one of the most delightful conversations about pipe smoking that I've ever had.

The Royals lead the Yankees 4-3 in the 5th as Derek Jeter returns to the Yanks. I'm smoking 2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a slight bent 1970's Caminetto 103 Business KS billiard with a fumed rim. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink.

7. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Afternoon PSF. Enjoyng some Germains Medium Glake in a Moretti. I feel beaten down between work and this friggn heat wave that will not go away. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

8. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Bulwark is fantastic! I just wish it was available here!

User4408, YAPPG, JimInks and 6 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

You'd think I'd get better at waking up, considering I do it every day. (Usually.) But NOOOoooo! Classic Burley Kake in my Tom Howard pot dog with barely tasted coffee making waking tolerable.

10. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Pretty much spent the day smoking, and have lost track--there was some McB's (no)Lat Blend, some SL, some Golden Extra and some CBW for the wife's benefit. Have fired up some of my favorite OJK (which I've sort of been rationing, but just pulled the trigger on a pound of the stuff so good to go) in the POY. Headed to the pub shortly to meet a client and have a couple ice cold mugs of happy-hour priced Black Bear Brewing Co.'s excellent Gear-Head Red.

11. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Hey everybody!
    Have you ever had a pain so bad, that when it finally went away, you feel so good you almost feel high? I just had a toothache flare up that was like that. For me, bananas fix it every time. If anyone else here gets toothaches, try a banana. Its almost miraculous how well they fix it.

Rekamepip....I am not sure I will be able to get that photo of a hot blonde smokin a rock cob that I promised. Jedi says something about how I should not be pimping her sister out:blah: . And Sister will be out of town this weekend. Maybe wickerman can just do some Microsoft paint magic with the pic I put up.

I am not smoking anything right now, just wanted to say hi really. Later I will smoke some prairie wind in the Carmel swirl CG

12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Rain is on the way and I am getting ready to leave work. No pipe on the way home, but a nice pipe full og Virginia Woods out on the Sunporch Florida Room watching the storm is my plan. :byg::puffy:

13. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

You ain't kidding! If I had access to lots of cured tobacco leaves, I would spend some time trying to build a similar flake. I just don't understand why one of our blenders doesn't give it the old college try.

Morse, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
  14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Pimp, manager, semantic differences. A pimp is a manager in fancy clothes. :bing:

15. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Gawith Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate.

16. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Fancier than this?
    [​IMG]

Edit: oh wait...I read what you said wrong.

FlatbushPaul, User4408, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  17. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Half and Half in my Viking...

Morse, Artistik, Old Codger and 9 others like this.
  18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Awesome photo Sid! Having Kendal Plug in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem and a double tasse of Jamaican Blue Mountain.

19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I've just beheaded a vampire and blew OJK smoke down his neck. I don't know what Samuel Clements smoked but I suspect it was burley. For me, it is a perfect working, hands free smoke. More OJK in yet another cob with icy root beer on the side. let the good times roll.:)

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening, I just finished my work day and am going to smoke some HU Tobacco Edward G. in a Bentley Bulldog now. Happy puffing! :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.