What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm about to pick a movie on Netflix, so I've loaded up three pipes. First is the Charatan bent billiard with 4noggins Double Fantasy, then some SG Chocolate Flake in the Ashton Brindle X 1991 Billiard. After that we move to the Altinok Bent Apple with 1792. I've got a pint of DAB lager to accompany it (and probably another one for later).

[​IMG]

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Ended up going with some Frog Morton's Cellar in a blasted London Tower Prince...and some whiskey...

p120d16y, Old Codger, jdto and 8 others like this.
  3. dBear

dBear Active Member

I've had an unusually long day of work today, and more to do before tomorrow. But right now I'm smoking Kansas City (thanks, Rekamepip!) in my Tom Howard pot dog. Generic cola to wash it down.

4. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Kind of a long week, but we're having great porch weather.

McC Bombay Extra in the Bekler meer with a Bombay Sapphire gimlet. I'm really starting to like this blend (and I've liked the gimlets for a while).

For kicks and giggles, followed it up with Black Sea Sokhoum in the Soren egg with a white Russian. Interesting combo, that.

5. Morse

Morse Active Member

And yet you still claim to detect cherry in Middleton's Cherry - you confound me Sir ....................;)

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Here's your Suspense, fellas:

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some Peretti's Blend # 500. It's a cigar leaf, va, perique and some oriental blend. It works and is flavorful but not overpowering. Sipping it in a cob. Ice cold coke to drink befor the end of my night. May get another smoke in, watching Leno.

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Condolences...

9. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Captain Black in a Ben Wade freehand

Old Codger, surlysoul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  10. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

7 year old C&D Sunday Pinic in a Skovegaard bamboo shank elephant's foot (my current favorite shape). I opened this tin this morning, and it is all I have smoked today. I can't seem to get enough of it. I've never smoked this blend before, so I'm not sure what to make of it unaged. But it is outstanding!

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

making room for the weekend night shift
    Coffee and Donuts in the morning

:puffy:

p120d16y, surlysoul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  12. JimInks

Now smoking Great Outdoors in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature. Still working, too.

Old Codger, surlysoul, Morse and 10 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got some Marble Kake going in the Squatch volcano. Appropriately cooled water. Still working, too. But that's only because I try to copy JimInks whenever I get the chance. (Restraining orders be damned!)

14. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having to work until 3am. BCA in my Rusty Rhodes. Another 2hrs and it'll be Old Companion for the ride home.

Old Codger, surlysoul, Morse and 7 others like this.
  15. Ridwaan Gallow

Ridwaan Gallow Member

Local house blend of Cherry Cavendish in a cob with a chewed up stem.. big mug of coffee .. that was last night.. now i'm off to the work cave..

Old Codger, surlysoul, Morse and 8 others like this.
  16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finally settling down for a smoke of Scotch Flake with a touch of Burley Flake #3(All thanks to FishnBanjo!) with Mr Petey Greene, and ice tea in der BGM

17. krusty

krusty Active Member

Just back from seeing Kenny Loggins at the fairgrounds. Man still has his voice!
    Finishing off the bowl of Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Dark Flake Un-Scented in my Dr. Grabow "Westbrook" billiard that I started up at the show. I've no idea what the smoking policies are at the fair but no one paid me any mind while I was smoking the thing. Nice evening.

p120d16y, Old Codger, jdto and 11 others like this.
  18. JimInks

My final smoke before bed is Angler's Dream in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front. About to stop work for the day.

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Nice pipe - Snap !
    [​IMG]

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Hola pipesters! It's a beautiful Saturday where the sun first rises in the USA, had a bowl of Fire Fly Blend in the MM Diplomat and on to PRM #3 and maybe some Plum Cake in whatever cob jumps out at me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.