What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I bring Morning Coffee and virtual donuts - help yourself

Stormy, dBear, Thuber88 and 6 others like this.
  2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Careful now, I'm not likely to leave any for anyone else.

dBear, Thuber88, fishnbanjo and 6 others like this.
  3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

would like to hear what you think of the EGR Blend as would MrInks....

hopefully you like it - as i don't want you to screw your impression of the maple pipe right off the bat

dBear, Thuber88, fishnbanjo and 7 others like this.
  4. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Night Cap in the POY with Maxwell House. My third son is getting married in August, formal wedding (her idea). I have to get fitted for a tux today. Never in my life thought I'd be doing this. Never. I wonder if they have a tux like on Duck Dynasty, camouflage! She would :poop: a brick if I showed up wearing that! hmmm....

psquared, User4408, Stormy and 17 others like this.
  5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

No problem i know where to get more
    donuts2.jpg

dBear, Thuber88, fishnbanjo and 9 others like this.
  6. BernardLerring

All of a sudden my eyesight is going!!! :beyes:

dBear, Thuber88, fishnbanjo and 3 others like this.
  7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Just two more hours of work.
    Then it's GE in a Falcon Dublin.
    Then it's lying on the couch
    for 6 hours. :-/

psquared, dBear, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  8. BernardLerring

Tucking into my first pipeful of Dunhill medium Standard Mixture in a bid to regain my composure.

psquared, Stormy, dBear and 13 others like this.
  9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Smoking Penzance in a Tsuge bulldog. No one here to make me coffee and I overslept, so I am drinking coke.

psquared, User4408, Stormy and 12 others like this.
  10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Welcome to Saturday morning everyone. Its actually not raining at the moment. But not to worry. More expected this afternoon. Phils have a twin bill today, hope they get them both in. We start moving up a notch since the Braves and Nats both lost last night. I'm set to automatic this morning. Pot of Russian tea, Irish Oak in large Peterson system pipe, followed by CH in a mm cob. May head out to do a little shopping (I'm out of vodka!). May hit grocery store as I'm also out of olives. Oh yeah, wife is nearly out of cigs (and I am running low on Irish Oak). Yep, shopping trip all planed!

Stormy, dBear, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  11. scopawl

scopawl Member

Finished up my tin of Dunhill Flake in my Parker dublin in the back garden. There's no wind and it's about 28C - even sitting still I was sweating, time for a beer to cool down!
    Have a good weekend fellas!

psquared, User4408, dBear and 12 others like this.
  12. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Granger in a Grabow Bucko/coffee.

psquared, Smokey, dBear and 10 others like this.
  13. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Night Train in a Sav Auto.

psquared, fordy, dBear and 11 others like this.
  14. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

One more hot day here today (calling for 103) then some cooler temps and a 60% chance of rain Monday. We could sure use it, it is way to dry here.

Started the day with some PS proper English in a Kaywoodie relief grain bulldog.

After reading all the recommendations to "slow down" to new smokers and folks trying some blends I decided to slow down a little my self...now keeping in mind I have had a taste for full bodied Va flakes for several years, I already had a pretty slow smoking pace established. But slowing down even more I think I finally " get" some of the Danish aromatics...which is really saying something as I have been a long time hater of all things aromatic.

So I popped open a 13 year old tin of Sam Malloys # 4 extra stout. The tin note is awful, perfumey and aromatic smelling. But
    I'm now smoking my 4th or5th bowl (real slowly) and I've enjoyed them all.

Still smoking it in a cob tho...I'm not comfortable enough with it to try it in one of my briars just yet.
    As always lots of black coffee ;)

psquared, User4408, dBear and 11 others like this.
  15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

First impressions. The Maple poker smokes great. I think the grain in it is really nice to look at. I was concerned that maybe it would burst into flames or at least taste like burning wood, but no. It smoked great and when the bowl was done I took a look inside and there was not even any darkened or slightly singed parts. Did I mention that the pipe looks great too! Oh, and its a sitter!
    As for the EGR, I should first say that I generally do not like aromatics. But this one was not like a lot of the others I have had. Mostly I think because there is no Black Cavendish. On first light it immediatly reminded me of a swisher sweet cigar, but that passed as I got deeper in. It started to taste somewhat mushroomy, yet sweet. I liked it, but I am going to have to try it a few more times to really decide what i think. I am trying to find an aro that I can smoke for when i am around non pipers.

After that bowl I started to think of how neglected my meer was. So next bowl was Triple Play (Finely cut on the Rekamepip caving block) in the Paykoc Meer.

psquared, User4408, dBear and 14 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up early against my will because I had to sign for a delivered package. Guess I might as well smoke something! Molto Dolce in a straight 1979 MM Legend. This will be a short smoke, folks!

psquared, Artistik, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all, Happy weekend. Smoking some Old Anni from Mr. Banjo, thanks, in the old trusty Medico Apple. She may be old, but shes better than she ever was. Lots of good ole Pg tips tea brewing to loosing the joints this morning.

psquared, User4408, Stormy and 14 others like this.
  18. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

My first bowl of ERR Match courtesy of Coda enjoying in a Boswell's shot shell bent billiard with the morning coffee.

psquared, Artistik, dBear and 13 others like this.
  19. Brian Stephen

Brian Stephen Member

GH&Co. Ennerdale Flake in a Ben Wade

Been away for a few days due to work. Damn glad to be back. You guys rock.

psquared, User4408, dBear and 13 others like this.
  20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme in a BST Canadian. Funny thing about doing the same things in the city that one does out in the country. I go for a morning walk down the street with a pipe and coffee in hand every morning. This morning there were a couple of neighbours I've never even seen before, out enjoying a coffee and giving me a wave or a nod. 10C(50F)H87%

psquared, User4408, Stormy and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.