What Are You Smoking? July, 2013?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Keeping with the same line, GH Bob's Square Cut i9n a Sav Roma Billiard with ice tea.

psquared, User4408, Stormy and 11 others like this.
  2. Morse

Morse Active Member

Morning PSF. Getting the day off to a great start with some of the new Peterson's Summertime 2013 in my BST slightly bent apple. Donut Shop coffee from the Keurig on the side.

The tobacco is described thus:

So far its good - some more time will be necessary to fully assess it but a good first impression. My first experience with these was the 2011 blends which were way over the top in terms of aromatic...osity - this is a bit more low key, somewhat in line with last year.

psquared, jpberg, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  3. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Dang, I'm still awake. I need a whole new body or at least one with all new joints and bones and maybe a less active pain centre.

I am going to punish the world by lighting up a big bowl of Billy Budd and fanning the smoke out the window. No coffee for the boy who can't sleep.

But in another half hour I can hobble across the street to the post office and pick up my latest 4noggins order. I've smoked the very last of my OJK so the timing is perfect. Later tonight I shall dive into the sea of Pirate Kake and watch the last Pirates of the Caribbean which I haven't seen yet. Sadly there can be no rum as the current meds can not be mixed with alcohol.

dBear, Old Codger, JimInks and 12 others like this.
  4. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Keeping with the PSF HATE theme I have going I am now smoking a mix of Strang (Thanks Simon), Special Curley, and Perique in the Black Rock :hbang:Cob (Thanks John)
    [​IMG]Edit: Midway through the bowl and I just have to say, I finer smoke I have never had.

psquared, User4408, dBear and 11 others like this.
  5. krusty

krusty Active Member

Almost recovered from last nights Geriatric Hop. When Loggins went in to "Footloose" the sight of all us 50, 60 somethings imitating Kevin Bacon was frightful!

Samuel Gawith Sam's Flake in my M. Linkman & Co. "Imperial"

[​IMG]

psquared, Morse, dBear and 8 others like this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Erinmore Flake in a Grabow Omega...and coffee...

fordy, Morse, dBear and 6 others like this.
  7. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Finished off the morning with a bowl of EGR blend again courtesy of Coda.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  8. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Kick starting the afternoon with a large cup of coffee to go along with Louisiana Flake in a Ser Jacopo maxima billiard.

psquared, Morse, krusty and 9 others like this.
  9. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Prairie Wind in a Pete. :punk:
    [​IMG]

psquared, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Smoking Bosun Cut Plug watching Looper, hal

Morse, krusty, dBear and 6 others like this.
  11. BernardLerring

Smoking Bosun Cut Plug watching Looper, half hoping my future self appears with a huge stash of tobacco I'm going save up.

psquared, dBear, Morse and 8 others like this.
  12. BernardLerring

Darn it, stupid mobile phone posting a message and a half!

dBear, YAPPG, MDaws79 and 2 others like this.
  13. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

What did you think of it?...and ERR Match?...

BernardLerring, dBear, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  14. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

got in 18 holes before the heat hit. now im into McB burley london in my favorite basket briar.

15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing off last night...er.this mornings.........yes it was this morning's bowl of Scotch Flake and a pinch of Burlet Flake #3(thanks to FnB) with Petey Greene.
    then on to 1000 things for the day, of which I might do 3

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Shopping done. Got the supersized bottle of Tito's Vodka, no I didn't order fries with that. Got my wife's regular smoke, Salem Gold 100's. Also got here-cigs. Made sure to get menthol cartridges this time around. Tried this a couple years ago with regulars and she only tried it once. The B & M was out of Irish Oak, so I'm giving University Flake a try. Never bought tobacco in this form before. Checked the UF revues and hope I get the hang of it. The first few puffs were delis!

17. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm fixing my next smoke for the ride home. It'll be Compton's Commonweal in a Sav Opera Billiard and my drink of choice will be fresh brewed ice tea that I lugged with me to work in a Stanley Stainless Steel Thermos.
    It keeps everything perfect! I have t say, Maxim Engel, who is the blender of Compton's is a sheer genius! Commonweal is perhaps the best Virginia I have smoked! I am a huge FVF fan and have enough of it that I probably will never have to buy any again. But Commonweal is right there with it as far as an enjoyable Virginia. It is not the same type of Virginia by any means, it has a very different flavor profile but it is absolutely fabulous! Actually, all his blends are of the highest quality. His Compton's Balkan Mixture is my favorite Balkan/English blend, hands down! It is like pulling teeth trying to get an order from him but well worth the time, price and effort.
    As most of you guys know, I have been really enjoying Steven Book's blends and I think he is one of the best out there, but Maxim takes a back seat to no one!

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

bought some more compost this morning, then coppered up and bought Mrs. Wicker a bunch of flowers, a pouch of Gawith and Hoggarth's Cherry and Vanilla,
    and Wha - Ho! Westons 8.2% Cider was on offer x2 500ml. bottles £3, skint again but had a great afternoon in the front garden with the Altinok Calabash meer.

20. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

WM, It's so good to see you. The video says it's private and won't play for me. Your plants and garden look fantasic btw, from the pictures I saw on your Growing Log thread. Take care.:D

YAPPG, BernardLerring, dBear and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.